Real Madrid to buy Jonathan Woodgate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Real Madrid to buy Jonathan Woodgate

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=307549&cc=5901

Well, Real Madrid have realized what position they need, but they are not buying the right player. They are overpaying for Woodgate and he is very injury prone. They could get a better player with the money they are spending. Real Madrid have finally figured out that they need defense, but buying a player who is going to be injured most of the time isn't exactly a great move.

There are only a handful of better CBs in the world, when healthy, than Woodgate. I hate the bastard but he is sheer class.

If he wasn't a "sicknote" his fee would be about the same Rio's, in my opinion. That was a great pairing, although they are both tw@ts.

Probably one of the top 5 central defenders in the world when he's fit (Ayala, Campbell, Nesta, Cannavaro) and hasn't got beating up foreigners on his mind. Of all the people to go abroad, Woodgate was the one I least expected LOL.

Always been a huge fan, and if he can stay fit this will be a bargain. He's got pace, strength, a great footbaling brain and he's very brave. He can play as a centre back, as a sweeper and even at right back if need be. His problems are all off the field and maybe moving away from his posse (Bowyer, Morris and co.) will help him sort his life out...

Mebeverine...how can you list the top 5 CBs in soccer and not list Walter Samuel??? :nono:

Iceblizzard

Did James Beattie end up getting transfer to Aston Villa?

Did James Beattie end up getting transfer to Aston Villa?

No, but it's still ongoing.

Interestingly, I know Beattie (and his team-mate David Prutton) very well. Beattie's girlfriend is a good friend of mine. Beattie himself is an idiot though who spends far too much time clubbing...

Mebeverine...how can you list the top 5 CBs in soccer and not list Walter Samuel???

Easy...he isn't better than Woodgate when Woodgate is 100% fit. Obviously an unfit and un-match fit Woodgate isn't showing his true form. There's a reason he was given an initial valuation of £50 million when Barcelona and Man Utd enquired last season. Samuel is also not better than Nesta, Cannavaro, Campbell or Ayala. I'd rank him alongside the likes of Rio Ferdinand or William Gallas as one level below being a true superstar defender (an A instead of an A + if you like.) Samuel is a liability with both his temperamant and his concentration and is probably the most over-rated defender in the world. Not to say he isn't good, just not as good as he and many others think he is.

Samuel is a liability with both his temperamant and his concentration and is probably the most over-rated defender in the world. Not to say he isn't good, just not as good as he and many others think he is

:roflmao: Wow...you have some knowledge there...:rolleyes:. Everyone agrees that Samuel is better than his counterpart in Argentina. He plays like a Top 3 Defender IMO...and in alot of other people's opinions too.

Yeah, just like Maradona was better than Pele? LOL

It's ok, people pay me for my my opinions on football, I'm encouraged to be opinionated. Samuel will be outplayed by Woodgate this year, if Woodgate is fit.

Mebeverine said:

It's ok, people pay me for my my opinions on football, I'm encouraged to be opinionated. Samuel will be outplayed by Woodgate this year, if Woodgate is fit.

And? Wow, you are cool now.

Mebeverine said:

Also...it is awesome how you responded with that instead of explaining why. What an arguement!

I would say that nothing is further from the truth in saying that EVERYBODY agrees that Samuel is better than Ayala. They are close, in my opinion and in the opinion of many.

All the defenders mentioned are top class.

Bodzilla29 said:
I would say that nothing is further from the truth in saying that EVERYBODY agrees that Samuel is better than Ayala. They are close, in my opinion and in the opinion of many.

All the defenders mentioned are top class.

I agree with that but I still think Samuel is better, and so do alot of people.If you were to go to any corner of any country and ask 100 people who was the better defender...you would probably get 60% saying Samuel is better.

Also...it is awesome how you responded with that instead of explaining why. What an arguement!

Hang on, during the Pele Maradona debate ALL YOU HAD was "Maradona is better. Period." or something like that. So don't go telling me about explaining things.

Samuel played in a league which makes many average defenders look great with it's slow pace. Ayala plays in THE most attacking league in the world. If Ayala played in Italy, he'd be far better known.

By the way, you contradict yourself:

It started off as

Everyone agrees that Samuel is better than his counterpart in Argentina.

and quickly became

If you were to go to any corner of any country and ask 100 people who was the better defender...you would probably get 60% saying Samuel is better.

Didn't I say he's over-rated by most people? Yep. So you're just proving my point...I agreed that people rate him highly, I just don't think he's THAT great. Many of the true defensive experts of the game (Alan Hanson, Beckenbauer, Jack Charlton) all think Samuel is over-rated as well. He's certainly not as good as Ayala, Campbell, Nesta, Cannavaro etc. Heck, he's not much better than the likes of Olof Mellberg, who is criminally under-rated.

Mebeverine said:
Hang on, during the Pele Maradona debate ALL YOU HAD was "Maradona is better. Period." or something like that. So don't go telling me about explaining things.

Samuel played in a league which makes many average defenders look great with it's slow pace. Ayala plays in THE most attacking league in the world. If Ayala played in Italy, he'd be far better known.

Says who? You? :rofl: Please. Everyone in Argentina and most people know who is the better Defender.

Didn't I say he's over-rated by most people? Yep. So you're just proving my point...I agreed that people rate him highly, I just don't think he's THAT great. Many of the true defensive experts of the game (Alan Hanson, Beckenbauer, Jack Charlton) all think Samuel is over-rated as well. He's certainly not as good as Ayala, Campbell, Nesta, Cannavaro etc. Heck, he's not much better than the likes of Olof Mellberg, who is criminally under-rated.

I am not proving your point. People think he is the better player. Just because you think he isn't doesn't mean he isn't better then Ayala. There really is no way to prove who is a better defender in soccer as there are no stats to keep track of this. That being said...Ayala is a Top 10 defender in the World. Argueably top 5, but Samuel is better then him. All that is my opinion.

Says who? You? Please

Nope, some of the greatest defensive minds in football, whose names I listed above.

I already said that he's rated highly, I just said he's not as great as people think.

Being an apparently Argentinian Real Madrid fan I wouldn't have expected you to feel any other way LOL

Back
Top Bottom