"Real talk" from Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Real talk" from Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
650x366-1.jpg

One thing I've learned to admire about Miami Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace is the fact he "keeps it real."
One of his favorite terms is "keeping it 100," and it is a play on his tendency to always tell his truths, and they are usually gems.
This season Wallace has stepped up as a leader for the Dolphins, which is why I've often gone to him for perspective on this inconsistent 6-4 team.
Here is an unfiltered style essay on what Wallace said following Thursday night's 22-6 win over Buffalo when I asked him if the 2014 Dolphins are ready to make a playoff push?
And this is coming straight from Wallace's mouth, so no sourcing is needed.
“We’ve got to get it done! There’s no point in trying to figure out the record. What’s this [going to take], who wins what," Wallace said, referring to the AFC wild-card landscape. "We need to stay singularly focused, one game at a time. We have to play like we want it."
Read more: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ins-receiver-mike-wallace-20141114-story.html

Nice. From the tidbits I hear week after week it sounds like all of our veterans have that sense of urgency you want, they sense we're close and whenever you get close you have to capitalize. You can't take these opportunities for granted. Yes we're on a good trajectory and we should be even better next year but you just never know what the future holds.

I never would have thought it would be Wallace dispensing the urgent leadership tone and Hartline needing to hear it.

I wish this guy would get some balls thrown to him in stride deep, he'd be lighting up the NFL on TD's. Nontheless he's adjusted well to be a more quick route aggressive WR. He definitely has matured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly is playing with an attitude this year! Good for him.....

I wish this guy would get some balls thrown to him in stride deep, he'd be lighting up the NFL on TD's. Nontheless he's adjusted well to be a more quick route aggressive WR. He definitely has matured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even that moderately deep post where the BS PI was called on bills, if RT leads him like he should, db doesn't have chance to make a play and it's a TD...very frustrating. Need RT to at least make throws like that if not the dep bombs

Here's more interesting discussion from Yahoo's fantasy sheet on Wallace.

Week 11 vs. Buffalo
Buffalo has given up the 15th most fantasy points to Wide Receivers this season. More »
Player Note Thu, Nov 13
Mike Wallace caught 4-of-7 targets for 38 yards in the Dolphins' Week 11 win over the Bills.
Advice: It was another quiet night for the Dolphins' well-paid No. 1 receiver, who's now failed to clear 60 yards receiving in five straight games. Of course, Ryan Tannehill remained part of the problem. Tannehill's lone deep target to Wallace landed out of bounds. Wallace has six touchdowns in 10 games, but with so little chemistry with his quarterback, he's shaping up as a boom-or-bust WR2.
(Rotoworld.com)
Player Note Thu, Nov 13
NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports there has been a "growing rift" between Dolphins OC Bill Lazor and several players.
Advice: Darlington spoke with eight players, having "involved" discussions with four. Per the former Dolphins beat writer, Lazor has taken an "abrasive tenor with several starters," and it's "worn thin on some." Darlington says the team's inconsistent offensive identity is "internally magnifying the issue." The Dolphins are infinitely better on offense than they were a season ago, committing to the run while having more success through the air. Ryan Tannehill is still struggling mightily on deep passes, however, and Mike Wallace has openly voiced his frustration more than once. It will be a story to monitor, especially if the Dolphins lose at home to the Bills on Thursday.

Love this guy.

That fantasy outlook is full fail. Miami doesn't force the ball to one guy, they spread the ball around effectively.

wasn't wallace the guy 2 weeks ago after we shut out the chargers who said something along the lines of keep attacking the other team regardless of the score and having a killer mentality to crush opponents??
wallace may not be having a huge year stat wise, but he has grown up since coming to the team and matured quite a bit, and he does speak the truth for the most part...how pissed would u be having his speed and never really having any deep ball TDs?

I assume he is blaming Tannehill which he can be better on his throws. But also we have alot of weapons and but Great receivers who how to adjust to not so perfect passes. I noticed on some of the deep routes he dosn't burn like he is famous for and gets overthrown. Who's fault is that if you don't track that ball down..

Back
Top Bottom