RealDriscoll's Miami Dolphins 7 Round Mock 02/05/09 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RealDriscoll's Miami Dolphins 7 Round Mock 02/05/09

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
*This will be my last one until after the combine and free agency.

In free agency I think we land Bart Scott, resign Vernon Carey and Yeremiah Bell, and then look hard at mid-level talent such as Shaun Cody, Elton Brown etc... I'd really like Atogwe at Free Safety but doesn't look like it. I think it would be awesome if we got Dansby and Scott. Anyways heres my Draft...

1: Larry English-Outside Linebacker-Northern Illinois

**I still am strong on this kid. Demarcus Ware 2.0 In our system he would be a serious force and make an immediate impact. While he learned he wouldn't have to play every down as Matt Roth could spell him here and there. English will get double-digit sacks as a rookie. Call me crazy but playing opposite of Joey Porter is a gift that English would take advantage of.

2A: William Moore-Free Safety-Missouri

** this kid falls due to a poor Senior Bowl week and due to an injury plagued Senior season but bottom line is the kid is the best safety in this draft. Immediate upgrade to Renaldo Hill and finally gives us a play-maker in the secondary.

2B: Antoine Caldwell-Center-Alabama

** Some might see this as a reach but trust me when I say that Caldwell plays with tremendous feet and is as physical as they come. A line with Carey, Big Jake, Donald Thomas, Smiley, and Caldwell would be fierce, We could either move Samson for a draft pick or move him to Guard where he would be great.

3: Brandon Gibson-Wide Receiver-Washington State

* I cannot belive we are this far in the draft process and this guy is still under the radar. He runs the best routes in the draft and hands are made with some type of glue.

4: Kevin Barnes-Cornerback-Maryland

*This guy is extremely under the radar. He plays the run well, is physical, and his hip movement is as fluent as a Jenna Jameson video; I guess that made sense. Whether we resign Goodman or not, Cornerback is a huge need

5: Otis Wiley-Strong Safety-Michigan State

7A: Eric Vandeheuvel-Offensive Tackle-Wisconsin
7B: Edwin Williams-Center-Maryland
7C: Kaluka Maiva-Linebacker-USC

I like it. In a dream scenario for me we would land both Larry English and Alphonso Smith some how. But I don't think either of them drop to our #44 pick so we go with one of them and lose out on the other. If I was a betting man I would say Parcells goes with English.

Back
Top Bottom