Reasons for Improvements on Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons for Improvements on Offense

I think its mostly tannehill is just much better. He's making better decision faster, getting the ball out quickly, and has better ball placement than last year. If the line does well ( which it should considering tannehill will be able to punish defenses for being overly aggressive much more than last year) this offense is going to be top 5.

The improvement if any is marginal and in spots. At other spots like TE there is significant drop off. And as far as Lazor, his playcalling and offensive sets, adjustment or recognition, there is no improvement. 3d and 14 yesterday in a preseason games, we have new "weapons" in Stills Cameron, Jennings and Lazor the "pass guru" goes for a hand off for 5 yds to improve the punt. There was a situation on long down where Landry was completely uncovered and no one recognized it. Out of 6-7 series yesterday they scored on one, couldnt even move the ball for a fg in other 5 series. In previous games they had to go for it in 4th and gl to score. This guy Lazor has serious deficiencies as OC. I understand he was a rookie last year, and he is still learning, but he needs to step up his game very quickly. One positive from last year is that the offensive highs were high, so there is a chance.

The improvement if any is marginal and in spots. At other spots like TE there is significant drop off. And as far as Lazor, his playcalling and offensive sets, adjustment or recognition, there is no improvement. 3d and 14 yesterday in a preseason games, we have new "weapons" in Stills Cameron, Jennings and Lazor the "pass guru" goes for a hand off for 5 yds to improve the punt. There was a situation on long down where Landry was completely uncovered and no one recognized it. Out of 6-7 series yesterday they scored on one, couldnt even move the ball for a fg in other 5 series. In previous games they had to go for it in 4th and gl to score. This guy Lazor has serious deficiencies as OC. I understand he was a rookie last year, and he is still learning, but he needs to step up his game very quickly. One positive from last year is that the offensive highs were high, so there is a chance.

You do know that it is preseason, right?

No one including Lazor is going to do anything special with play calling or even risking the QB in a meaningless preseason game. There were mistakes including some drops and some OL penalties but can't you see the change from last year? If not, we will have to agree to disagree.

Crap like this makes me want to punch babies. I couldn't disagree more. An absolutely ridiculous assessment based off the irrelevance of pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom