Reasons the Dolphins D has earned an F the past three games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons the Dolphins D has earned an F the past three games

Oh come ON, you cannot be serious? Defense that gives up 60+ points the last two games is not the problem? No, the entire team is the problem, and that includes defense.
Throw out the Balt game and I think the D has played well in most of them. Well enough for us to win most of the games.

Oh come ON, you cannot be serious? Defense that gives up 60+ points the last two games is not the problem? No, the entire team is the problem, and that includes defense.

Maybe you missed the offense, but they gave up 14 of those points...

Actually we all missed the offense, where is it?

its definitely trending down of late...top 10 is long gone

run d though still looks pretty solid to me by and large

Football Outsiders has our run D ranked 5th. Problem is the pass D is ranked 30th.

Football Outsiders has our run D ranked 5th. Problem is the pass D is ranked 30th.

The NFL is a passing league now in case some didn't get the memo.
All I know is that this defense is painful to watch. It's like a chess game and Burke unfortunately is not capable of proper in-game adjustments.

D has improved A LOT over last year and, as you say, still improving. I'm not certain what to think about last Sunday. The bad field hurt both team's pass rush which hurt the secondary. I was more worried after the Raiders game where the D looked exposed. That said, I think the article overstates the negatives. Seems like too many people see nothing but black clouds.
I think the problem is that many have said we are set on defense and that is simply not true, we could use an infusion at LB, FS (desperately), CB and on the Dline (replace Branch). That is a lot of holes to fill and we haven't even touched the offense yet which in my opinion needs a complete over haul. Maualuga and Timmons are not long term answers and we need to have some youth grooming behind them, fortunately we might get away with having them for next season, but that is it.

If we actually had a playmaking FS that could cover the middle of the field, we probably could stick Reshad on a TE, even though his coverage is not really that good, he can still jam the TE at the line and allow Kiko some more time, but odds are he may still be exploited. That being said, I still would have went after someone like a Tyson Bowser/Jalen Reeves-Maybin in the draft. Would have been just what the Doctor ordered for our TE coverage problem. Watched Bowser drop back into coverage a lot at Houston & do well, same with JRM, he even covered well against Slot WRs.

Agree on the play making FS, If we get lucky enough to draft Derwin James, FS FSU it's a no brainer. Of course I fully expect T-Bomb to trade down.

Sucks to not even get excited anymore watching Miami play. Dolphins gonna Dolphin

Back
Top Bottom