Receiver sweepstakes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Receiver sweepstakes

the denver post eh?, isnt that the paper that leaked the info about ricky, im not even gonna read it b.c its a real dumb idea, and yea this belongs in the draft forum

I'd like to see us get Holmes in the first and Pat Watkins in the 3rd, but I can't see us trading up this year. The Dolphins do not have the ammo to move up. If Philly takes Jackson and Denver takes Holmes, or vice versa, then Miami will have to look to fill another position. I am still hoping Miami trades down, not up. But, we'll just have to wait to see on all of this.

My ideal draft

1st Santonio Holmes WR OSU
3rd Pat Watkins, S FSU
4th Jason Spitz OG Louisville or Will Allen OG Texas
7th DT from Texas State that we visited
7th Oliver Hoyte ILB NC State
7th Dion Byrm, CB Ohio

If Holmes and Jackson are gone at 16 then I would swap the positions we take with our 1st and 3rd picks with us taking Donte Whitner in the 1st and Greg Jennings WR in the 3rd. But stay calm and never panic. Never get hooked on a player; that leads to panic and stupidity (see Wannstedt and Spielman). The draft is fluid, and if you focus on best player available and stay calm, it will all work. Saban gets it.

Austin Tatious said:
I'd like to see us get Holmes in the first and Pat Watkins in the 3rd, but I can't see us trading up this year. The Dolphins do not have the ammo to move up. If Philly takes Jackson and Denver takes Holmes, or vice versa, then Miami will have to look to fill another position. I am still hoping Miami trades down, not up. But, we'll just have to wait to see on all of this.

My ideal draft

1st Santonio Holmes WR OSU
3rd Pat Watkins, S FSU
4th Jason Spitz OG Louisville or Will Allen OG Texas
7th DT from Texas State that we visited
7th Oliver Hoyte ILB NC State
7th Dion Byrm, CB Ohio

If Holmes and Jackson are gone at 16 then I would swap the positions we take with our 1st and 3rd picks with us taking Donte Whitner in the 1st and Greg Jennings WR in the 3rd. But stay calm and never panic. Never get hooked on a player; that leads to panic and stupidity (see Wannstedt and Spielman). The draft is fluid, and if you focus on best player available and stay calm, it will all work. Saban gets it.

Nice analysis

hestar said:
I don't know if this is supposed to be posted here or not (my bad)

but here's an article talking about us trading up maybe for a WR

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3715898

(2nd article down)

Theres no need to trade up for a WR... we can grab the steal of the draft in round 3... Brandon Marshall :cooldude:

no way miami is considering this. the paper just saw that miami has looked at jackson and holmes and thought "they will do anything to get one of these guys." didn't put much thought into saban's philosophy.

We need to draft the best safety available in the draft and that guy next to Huff is Whitner. Reciever can wait until next season, if we don't upgrade at least 1 of these safety spots our defense won't be as strong as it needs to be to win a superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom