Red-Flag Prospects Worth the Gamble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red-Flag Prospects Worth the Gamble

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[h=1]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2011758-2014-nfl-draft-red-flag-prospects-worth-the-gamble/page/2[/h]
I'd be for a late round roll of the dice on OT Matt Patchan

I would consider rolling the dice on Jonathan Dowling of Western Kentucky and moving him to corner.

Tight end A.C. Leonard is well worth the gamble. As is OLB Jonathan Newsome.

Coke Lyerla may not be, though. There's only so much appetite I have for risk. With him I'd ultimately be more afraid if he DOES succeed, than if he doesn't.

I'm on board with Matt Patchan. I think his injures are behind him, and the talent is obvious. IMHO though the NFL will have a good idea whether they should be concerned with injuries with him or not, and if not he may get drafted significantly earlier than current projections. He really looked good this past year at BC.

The first player I thought of was Jeremy Hill. He fits exactly what Miami needs at running back and may actually be the most talented back in the draft -- I've read a comparison to Steven Jackson. Have to really look at him and get some more details on his character concerns.

if they burn a late rounder on patchan given how athletic he is i dont have a problem with it...would follow though with the theme of free agency...signing guys who can't stay healthy

this teams gonna need a house call making trainer to keep up with all the ailments this year

Quick ??? to those who really follow these guys

I'm pretty high on Nebraska guard Spencer Long, but I seem to be alone in that boat. Prior to his knee injury I saw a pre-season All-America, who was strong and athletic. I went back and re-watched the Nebraska vs Illinois and UCLA games. Prior to the injury I think he would have been a second or third round pick. His recovery seems to be going well, seeing that he's scheduled to run for scouts in two weeks.

My question is what are a lot of people seeing wrong with him that I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom