Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Trot Nixon added fuel to the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry on Tuesday by criticizing Alex Rodriguez even before the first spring training workout for either team.

Boston's outfielder praised Rodriguez's playing ability but said New York's third baseman wasn't the "Yankee type."

"I don't look at him as that. He might be in a lot of people's eyes," Nixon said. "He's done some great things on the field. He's one of the best baseball players in the game and probably will be when it's all said and done.

"But when people ask me about the Yankees, I tell them about (Derek) Jeter and Bernie Williams and (Jorge) Posada. I don't tell them about Rodriguez. ... He can't stand up to Jeter in my book or Bernie Williams or Posada." Rodriguez's spokesman, Steve Fortunato, said he could not reach A-Rod for comment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3398898

Sounds like a very average player that is jealous of a future hall of famer.

That's ok, Boston players can talk for now but the new season is almost upon us and come next October I'm more then confident that the Yankees will be the last team standing and Boston fans will be crying once again like they did for the 86 years before that!

Martel said:
Sounds like a very average player that is jealous of a future hall of famer.
Yeah, a future hall of famer that wears lipstick and slaps. HAHA. The Yankees are a joke, what's gonna happen to Georgie when they don't win again with that ridiculous payroll? I'm not sure, but it's gonna be fun. World Champs, woooo...

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
That's ok, Boston players can talk for now but the new season is almost upon us and come next October I'm more then confident that the Yankees will be the last team standing and Boston fans will be crying once again like they did for the 86 years before that!
Have you recovered yet from that greatest CHOKE in sports history? :roflmao:

We'll see if you'll still be talking come October. Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts cause the new year starts soon!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
We'll see if you'll still be talking come October. Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts cause the new year starts soon!
Are you implying that the Red Sox won't be in the playoffs next year?:roflmao: I sure hope not. You're gonna be in for a suprise, alot of people are underestimating the amount of talent Wade Miller posesses. It's gonna be awesome watch the Yankees lose again.

ya win once every 86 years and you start running your mouth........mistake #1

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Yeah I'm saying it, Boston won't be in the playoffs this year!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I guess Yankee fanbase is a joke just like the sad team that they root for... Sheffield, Giambi = The Juice guys.:lol:

P.S. They don't work for Nantucket Nectars.

MikeO said:
Whatever, it only took Theo two years to win it all. The front office isn't stupid anymore. I wish I could say the same thing for Cashman and Georgie.

MikeO said:
I'm not running my mouth, I'm just giving back what they gave to us for so long. I think it's only fair, no?

Oh and I'm sure Manny Ramirez never took juice. You can only walk in and get it over the counter in his country. Just because Giambi and Sheffield have been caught doesn't mean their the only ones!

The difference btw the Sox and the yanks is the Sox have been a classless team and the yanks are all about class. When the Yanks won title after title after title they never uttered a peep about the Sox but the Sox win one measly little title and they won't shut up. This year is going to be fun to smack the Sox back to reality.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Oh and I'm sure Manny Ramirez never took juice. You can only walk in and get it over the counter in his country. Just because Giambi and Sheffield have been caught doesn't mean their the only ones!

I don't think there is any question Manny took steroids, just go back and look at him in the mid 90s to now. He was Soriano's size. By the way, I don't believe Sheff did anything more than accidentally take the cream for a short period of time. his #s and his size never increased rapidly like the other guys who have taken steroids.

Back
Top Bottom