"Red Star" Players? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Red Star" Players?

39 - Reager

56 - Ashton Davis...that's if Delpit doesnt slip to 26.

No sense wasting too much time falling in love with a bunch of guys expected to go top 12-15. Were more than likely taking a QB so drooling over Simmons, Brown, Okudah kind of a waste. However I did just that in another thread about Okudah about an hour ago.

Everyone seems to love Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Higgins or Reagor but we’re not drafting any of them with a No.1 WR already locked into the roster at a below market value for his talents. I’d caution you guys to stop day dreaming about that position and start looking at better better values later on. Duvernay and Gandy-Golden intrigue me in the third, as does Hightower a little later on.

I love the idea of Kenneth Murray at 26. All-around LB with pass rush ability. Also like his teammate Neville Gallimore at 70 but I don’t think he makes it there.

Theres a lot like with this RB class that’s why taking one before 56 is likely off the table for me.

After the big three Akers, CEH, Dillon, Kelley, Vaughn and Evans have a lot to offer. I like the Illinois State kid, James Robinson as a possible double up at the position later on.

Sure would be nice to have another late third rounder. The TEs from Dayton and FAU look appealing. I like where we are at with Gesicki but I want that position to be a force.

Temple ILB Shaun Bradley can play, Texas S Brandon Jones also could be a strong candidate for the second half of a double up at S.
Great points. Most on my list are first rounders, but since Miami has five picks in the first two rounds I can hope they get a few on my list!

Clyde Edwards Helaire just screams PRO. I watched him versus Alabama and Auburn in back to back weeks and he just has a knack for everything. Makes guys miss on all levels, turns something into nothing, makes himself available to the QB and easily catches off target swings passes, sticks his nose in there to pick up the blitz...I love this kid.

If he's there in the 2nd, I'm happy.

Clyde Edwards Helaire just screams PRO. I watched him versus Alabama and Auburn in back to back weeks and he just has a knack for everything. Makes guys miss on all levels, turns something into nothing, makes himself available to the QB and easily catches off target swings passes, sticks his nose in there to pick up the blitz...I love this kid.

Agreed. The 2nd and 3rd round is going to be filled with starter quality RBs. Good class for us to need one.

Not saying I don't like him but its interesting that he only had to go against 8 men in the box on 6% of his carries. Link - Percentage of carries with 8+ men in the box for some notable RBs in the 2020 class

Not saying I don't like him but its interesting that he only had to go against 8 men in the box on 6% of his carries. Link - Percentage of carries with 8+ men in the box for some notable RBs in the 2020 class

I get your point, the backs facing 8 in the box more profile as bigger, tougher runners between the tackles, but those backs at the upper end of that scale also come from offenses that emphasize the run in more straightforward schemes. Defenses stacked the box against A.J. Dillon because BC's quarterback was a low percentage passer. How often would our RB choice have to go against 8 in the box if we drafted him to operate in Gailey's spread scheme? No too often I think.

He strikes me as someone who would be a Dolphins fan favorite if Miami drafted him.

He strikes me as someone who would be a Dolphins fan favorite if Miami drafted him.

Definitely. Excellent point. Fans would instantly be attracted to the effort level and the occasional wow move. The other running backs are more conventional, although Dobbins has some pinball qualities also and Dillon has a unique profile that probably doesn't have a parallel in Dolphins franchise history.

I can't remember a 6 foot 250 pound back. Maybe Pete Johnson, now that I recall he was with the Dolphins briefly toward the end of his career. But that was a squat head down short yardage mauler of the time frame, and not a more upright guy like Dillon who can break a long one occasionally. The Canes couldn't handle Dillon at all in that game I attended at Boston College in 2018.

Definitely. Excellent point. Fans would instantly be attracted to the effort level and the occasional wow move. The other running backs are more conventional, although Dobbins has some pinball qualities also and Dillon has a unique profile that probably doesn't have a parallel in Dolphins franchise history.

I can't remember a 6 foot 250 pound back. Maybe Pete Johnson, now that I recall he was with the Dolphins briefly toward the end of his career. But that was a squat head down short yardage mauler of the time frame, and not a more upright guy like Dillon who can break a long one occasionally. The Canes couldn't handle Dillon at all in that game I attended at Boston College in 2018.
Dillon remind me a little bit of Jerome Bettis.

Inside linebacker Tae Crowder in the 5th. He was a running back in high school. He played very well at a very deep position group at Georgia.

He reminds me a of a Joe Morris/ Emmitt Smith type.

Back
Top Bottom