reggie bush at Wide Receiver? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

reggie bush at Wide Receiver?

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
would you bring him back as a slot receiver in addition to Jennings and or Wallace and or Patterson? the buffalo game he caught 2 tds.. more than Hartline did all year and reggie would be cheaper than Hartline ireland talked about bringing reggie back and using him in different ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-VtPtpxCU

we all know he is best in space with the ball in his hands. he struggles when he dances in the backfield so why not put him at WR and use him at RB like the packers used Cobb. WCO is all about yards after catch and that might be reggies best attribute

Reggie has a great "slot-type" body...slim, compact, muscular and he is a great change of pace guy....I like it.

Put him in the slot full time...and depending on the looks the defense gives us...he can motion back into the backfield on third down if needed.

I'm just not happy with Hartline or Bess anymore at all (no RAC ability/ minimal TD production) - regardless of their salaries. I want both of those guys gone.

I would certainly think about expanding Reggie Bush's role across the field, including at receiver, but I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it at the expense of the size of Davone Bess's role in the offense. I think it's a delusion to believe Reggie Bush can simply step into a slot receiver role and play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess.

IMO you don't go into the offseason targeting the acquisition of greater talent at the receiver position (including tight end), while trading out Davone Bess for Reggie Bush as your slot receiver.

I would certainly think about expanding Reggie Bush's role across the field, including at receiver, but I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it at the expense of the size of Davone Bess's role in the offense. I think it's a delusion to believe Reggie Bush can simply step into a slot receiver role and play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess.

IMO you don't go into the offseason targeting the acquisition of greater talent at the receiver position (including tight end), while trading out Davone Bess for Reggie Bush as your slot receiver.
What Bess brings to the offense can be easily upgraded. This is his last year in Miami, no doubt.

What Bess brings to the offense can be easily upgraded. This is his last year in Miami, no doubt.
Well when there's no position on the issue that can be proven definitively right or wrong, and it's clear after only two posts that our positions aren't going to change, we might as well agree to disagree. :up:

Reggie Bush doesn't want to be a slot receiver. He wont sign for that role. The guy just wants to be a feature back in the NFL and with good reason. The guy actually deserves a pay increase, but that doesn't make sense for us. it will for another team. That's why I know he's not resigning

no...and marcus thigpen already runs better routes than bush in the slot pretty much...more versatility as a route runner at least...dumb to bring bush back as a primarily wr

no...and marcus thigpen already runs better routes than bush in the slot pretty much...more versatility as a route runner at least...dumb to bring bush back as a primarily wr
but we should bring back hartline and keep bess?? many people had a 1st round grade on Reggie as a receiver and he caught more passes as a rookie (88) then Hartline or Bess have in one season. He also caught 2 TDs against Buffalo, matching Bess and Hartline's season totals. Get rid of Bess, and sign Jennings, Wallace, and Reggie and have the best trio of receivers in the league!! Bush is a pro bowl WR waiting to happen

but we should bring back hartline and keep bess?? many people had a 1st round grade on Reggie as a receiver and he caught more passes as a rookie (88) then Hartline or Bess have in one season. He also caught 2 TDs against Buffalo, matching Bess and Hartline's season totals. Get rid of Bess, and sign Jennings, Wallace, and Reggie and have the best trio of receivers in the league!! Bush is a pro bowl WR waiting to happen

Do you have a link to these people who gave Reggie a 1st round grade as a receiver?

Reggie caught more passes as a rookie because he was Drew Brees check down receiver out of the backfield.

Yes!! I would do that in a heartbeat.

Sign him for #3 WR money and trade Bess to Oakland(where he is from) and draft Marquiess Goodwin to backup the oft injured Bush. Cap ramifications would be negligible.

BUT, the other guy was right, don't see Reggie going for it. He could go to the playoffs with Green Bay next year as a RB, or join Cinci or the Browns for big bucks.

No....

Get some real receivers in here please...
Like Hartline and Bess?? If you read my signature I am proposing we sign Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings AS WELL as REGGIE

Do you have a link to these people who gave Reggie a 1st round grade as a receiver?

Reggie caught more passes as a rookie because he was Drew Brees check down receiver out of the backfield.
no link, but Charley Casserly, the former HOU GM who passed on him for Mario said he had a 1st round grade on him as a receiver but passed on him because he didn't want to pay 9M for a PART TIME running back
here's the only scouting report I could find on him at all http://www.draftclass.com/prospects/index.php?id=180 which says " At 6'0, he could line up at receiver in the NFL and look at-home." and....... "Bush could easily line up at receiver and thrive at that position"

Back
Top Bottom