Reggie Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Howard

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the best way for us to get rid of Reggie without it hurting the cap as much. Signed through till 2009 - thats alot of Rerggie and ive had about enough as i can take!

Thanks

There isn't one. If he were to reduce his base salary next season, we'd either have to give him a bonus or guarantee that lower amount.

Depending on what happens with the labor deal, we might as well just bite the bullet and take the dead cap now.

TotoreMexico said:
Here's the best way :diaf:

:sidelol:

We could just wait to cut him when there are no cap penalties. (I'm not sure when that is though)

In other news Dolphins Nickle Back Reggie Howard dies in a freak fan beat down accident....now back to you at the news desk TotoreMexico

Just get rid of him...i dont even care about the cap hit

dm416 said:
We could just wait to cut him when there are no cap penalties. (I'm not sure when that is though)

After the 2009 season.
His original bonus is split up over all his years left availiable on his contract. Basically 750k every year through the 2009 season. Looks like he is due another bonus of 1.25 Million though this year. His salary is 2 Million this year.

I see no way this guy is on this team next year. 750k for the next 4 years is 3 Million, so we already have that money invested in him. We will pay the guy 2 Million Salary and 1.25 Million roster bonus this year(I belive that is correct getting this from the Salary Cap link on this website.)

So basically accelerate 3 Million to this years cap number and be done with the guy, and free up 1 Million in cap space this year. Four years worth of amoritized bonus is alot to eat up this year. Although it is better then the alternative of me going bald from pulling all my hair out watching this guy get burnt all over the field.

So for the sake of my lovely locks, we should part ways with Howard.

kick back

This contract has to have some sort of kick back going
to Wanny and Rick S....THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION
FOR PAYING THIS STIFF THIS KIND OF MONEY:boohoo:

MiamiRon

we could try to package him in a trade. trade madison and howard just to get rid of him

Hey, maybe send him to Green Bay for "past considerations"? After all, that's how we got Terrell Buckley from them.

Anyone have his address...nvm just find any way to get rid of him! He cost us the playoff spot by giving up the huge pass to Tim Dwight in the Pats game! Reggie Howard is just plain terrible!

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Can someone please tell me the best way for us to get rid of Reggie without it hurting the cap as much. Signed through till 2009 - thats alot of Rerggie and ive had about enough as i can take!

Thanks

IF a new CBA gets done, the only way to get more than $1 million for Howard is to cut Howard after 6/1. Would give us 3.25 in cap savings in 2006, but add 2.25 million in dead money to 2007. Just depends if Saban thinks we need more money this year than next.

Back
Top Bottom