reggie mcneal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

reggie mcneal

mdfinsfan44

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have russ lande's draft guide and he said mcneal would make a better CB, I like that switch.

mdfinsfan44 said:
I have russ lande's draft guide and he said mcneal would make a better CB, I like that switch.
Why? Because he's fast?

McNeal seems like the type of kid you take a chance on in the 4th or 5th round if you don't have any immediate needs. The kid has the potential to be amazing at numerous positions on the field.

I doubt corner is one of them, at least anytime soon. Corner isn't something that you can learn overnight, or for most players, even in 1 year. And with the limited number of spots on an NFL roster, it's not likely to have a guy take up an empty roster spot. Being a good corner takes time. You have to learn the footwork . . . backpeddling, how to swing your hips and push off the right foot . . . as well as how to jam and play press coverage, then turn around and play in space in zone coverage. You have to know your recovery speed, how to break on a ball, how to keep positioning without interfering. And quite frankly, a lot of corner is instincts and experience, just knowing when to react and how to react. Being a QB, he has none of that. At least moving to receiver is easier. There, he already knows the patterns, the whole issue on coming our of breaks and timing, and he has good hands.

I doubt McNeal switches to corner. I think he has enough ability to play Qb, but he was not healthy last season to show what he can do and A&M was one of the most dissapointing teams in the country. He's a WR or Qb, and will probably get an opportunity to play Qb but because of his speed 4.3's if he does not succeed he's going to be switched to wideout.

my 2nd fav qb in this draft and will be the qb steal.

i would love for the fins to pic this guy. he will be a
faster, more accurate, bigger playmaker than fluty!

Back
Top Bottom