"relax... its only pre-season" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"relax... its only pre-season"

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the first time in many many years that I'll buy into that saying... In previous years it would pizz me off to no belief when other members here would say that after a preseason game.. because... simply put... in the past, the Fins couldnt run, catch or pass... and like magic everyone would tell me to relax because it was only preseason..

After seeing the 1st quarter of last nights game... all those miscues, running into each others, int's and a few of those penalties, I can easily say.. "relax, its only pre-season"

The offense, all tho not completely polished, did all look to be on the same page and the next 3 or so weeks of pre-season will only help with the timing and execution..

The defense (IMO) is just about ready for the season to start.. my prediction for this upcoming reg season is nothing but good things...

All i know is that Sean Smith is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And our D is gonna be sick.....

Thank God someone started this thread. ITS PreSeason.. YES PRACTICE..In the mortal words of AI. "Were talking Practice" These games are suppose to weed out the garbage. You cant base a whole season on last nights game.

i agree 100% everyone is saying vontae is going to be a bust because of last night honstly he didnt have an overly bad night he made some rookie mistakes and caused 2 dumb pently's but we should have expected that i didnt expect him to come out and be a Champ Bailey or Nnamdi Asomugha the reason we play preseason games is because of that so he can get that stuff worked out in the next game

Exactly. Pull up the reviews after preseason game 1 last year and you'll see all the same stuff. What team is in sync week 1 of the pre-season?

i agree 100% everyone is saying vontae is going to be a bust because of last night honstly he didnt have an overly bad night he made some rookie mistakes and caused 2 dumb pently's but we should have expected that i didnt expect him to come out and be a Champ Bailey or Nnamdi Asomugha the reason we play preseason games is because of that so he can get that stuff worked out in the next game

really? you expected that? you expected your #1 overall draft pick to be stupid enough to run into a punt returner after a fair catch call? :confused:

Vontae Davis - based on last night alone - looks like a wasted pick.. he obviously has time to catch up but he really needs to get his mind right.. hes dumber than rocks.. i actuall ynoticed it during his pre-game interview.. dude couldnt answer a question properly.. but i digress.. he then backed up it up on the field by making dumb, bone headed plays all over the field.. not a good start..

i obvioujlsy hope he turns it around and becomes a stud but as far right now.. color me unimpressed

really? you expected that? you expected your #1 overall draft pick to be stupid enough to run into a punt returner after a fair catch call? :confused:

Vontae Davis - based on last night alone - looks like a wasted pick.. he obviously has time to catch up but he really needs to get his mind right.. hes dumber than rocks.. i actuall ynoticed it during his pre-game interview.. dude couldnt answer a question properly.. but i digress.. he then backed up it up on the field by making dumb, bone headed plays all over the field.. not a good start..

i obvioujlsy hope he turns it around and becomes a stud but as far right now.. color me unimpressed

So you're calling a guy a bust after 1 preseason game? Hasn't even played a regular season down in the NFL...and he's a bust? Gimme a break. :rolleyes2:

Agreed 100%. The only thing that would be more aggravating is all of the "Super bowl" threads that would be pouring in had we won 45-3. C'mon guys.

yea i really Expected him to go out and Make mistakes. like i said i didnt expect him to come out and be as good as Champ Bailey he is a rookie he is learning that is y we play Preseason game so rookies like Vontae Davis can learn from his mistakes. Did you really expect him to come out of college and be a lock down corner right when he steped onto the field? the guy is a amazing athlete he just needs to relax when he is on the field when he learns to control himself and not be so aggresive he is going to be a great corner for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom