Report: Vikings, Redskins agree to trade, only if McNabb agrees to contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Vikings, Redskins agree to trade, only if McNabb agrees to contract

same here. . . I just dont know how excited i am that hes going there and we may end up with orton. Time will tell

I will say this he definitely fits the mold of quarterback that this regime seems to like

I will say this he definitely fits the mold of quarterback that this regime seems to like
This. I'm not calling him the savior, but I think he can run this offense well. I like that he has some chemistry with Marshall, which Henne seems to be lacking IMO. We'll see.

This. I'm not calling him the savior, but I think he can run this offense well. I like that he has some chemistry with Marshall, which Henne seems to be lacking IMO. We'll see.

Agreed with the likely hood of being able to run this offense(esp IF we had a full offseason for him to learn it) Im just worried that Henne may be so far ahead with studying the playbook all offseason that he may still beat out Orton.

Now while there is no doubt Marshall and Orton had some success in their sole season together but it seems like i remember some type of rift between the two as well? I could def be mistaken but i would like to see if anyone has any reports of Marshall Endorsing Orton

I get with what you're saying about the missed time, but I think Orton can learn the offense quickly. He seems like a smart QB. I don't remember any rift between Orton and Marshall, I think Marshall was pissed at how the season was going IMO.

I get with what you're saying about the missed time, but I think Orton can learn the offense quickly. He seems like a smart QB. I don't remember any rift between Orton and Marshall, I think Marshall was pissed at how the season was going IMO.

Orton def seems like a smart guy ill give you that. Its not that i don't think he's a good player i'm just not gonna get super excited about the trade(assuming it happens) I feel like he is a a guy that is almost guaranteed to have to be upgraded almost immediately after he gets here. Im just done waiting for our Franchise Quarterback and this road to have yet another quick fix seems all to familiar. I just dont want to continue trading draft picks for quarterbacks. I think its time(been time actually) to draft a top tier Qb prospect in the first round. If that means you have to move up well then 2nd and 3rd round picks become valuable trading ammo.

Orton def seems like a smart guy ill give you that. Its not that i don't think he's a good player i'm just not gonna get super excited about the trade(assuming it happens) I feel like he is a a guy that is almost guaranteed to have to be upgraded almost immediately after he gets here. Im just done waiting for our Franchise Quarterback and this road to have yet another quick fix seems all to familiar. I just dont want to continue trading draft picks for quarterbacks. I think its time(been time actually) to draft a top tier Qb prospect in the first round. If that means you have to move up well then 2nd and 3rd round picks become valuable trading ammo.
I would like us to draft a first round QB, but for now Orton is the best option if we want improved QB play.

General NFL here we come!

I dont really think so. As the original post states this is info that could lead to us being able to remove yet another piece from the quarterback pie leaving us with Orton as a real possibility

Orton is the best possible QB available. McNabb is past, well past his prime, Kolb is grossly over rated, Hassellbeck (sp) is far too old and a bit brittle and as much as I like VY as a player, he has head rattles.

Having said all that, I would still like to give Henne one more shot a new OC, a QB coach that can actually make progress with the players around him, Marshall being let loose, an improved O Line with Pouncey and a new RB in Thomas. And that lightning fast WR Gates. Henne really does deserve a shot at playing with some playmakers,

Orton is the best possible QB available. McNabb is past, well past his prime, Kolb is grossly over rated, Hassellbeck (sp) is far too old and a bit brittle and as much as I like VY as a player, he has head rattles.

Having said all that, I would still like to give Henne one more shot a new OC, a QB coach that can actually make progress with the players around him, Marshall being let loose, an improved O Line with Pouncey and a new RB in Thomas. And that lightning fast WR Gates. Henne really does deserve a shot at playing with some playmakers,

While i wouldn't bet on a major improvement i agree that we are almost at a point where this is the best bet. Unfortunately Mr ross insured that Sparano and IReland are completely aware of the insecurity of their jobs at this point so they have to do anything to get a contender THIS year.

I just feel like Orton could be an upgrade but also could end up being too much of one in the same as Henne and we are left still searching for our QB of the Future at the end of the season either way. . . in which case you have just lost a 2nd rd draft pick(henne) and another 2nd round drft pick or 3rd round drft pick (on orton). And i for one have learned that trading draft picks for other teams cast off QBs isnt working too well

Back
Top Bottom