Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Per Mando, The Dolphins didn’t sign Brown, per sources familiar with the visit, because the linebacker and his new representation agency is hoping to get a multi-year deal that pays the player market value for a good NFL linebacker. And even though the linebacker market is depressed this year, that means around $5-$6 million per year on average. The Dolphins are nowhere in the ballpark. Think $3-$4 million per year. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article140028413.html#storylink=rss

Total bull****. What's the point of getting a LB for so cheap? Might as well keep Misi and Butler to combine to suck for cheap.

"will come down to money"

always great to hear that. sounds like our last acquisition from buffalo.

Not really. Miami doesn't keep 3 LBs on the field very much.

They have the 2 that will be together 90% of the time.

More like 65-70% but I get what you're saying.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

So now Kiko is moving to weak side with Timmons as the MLB. Probably not a 1st round need for a two down LB in their eyes.

Zach Brown is far from a surpieor player.

He's about the same. Little less talent than Kiko.

Even if that were true, that would be better then what Miami had last year. The whole point of FA is to improve and Miami needs to do so defensively.

More like 65-70% but I get what you're saying.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

So now Kiko is moving to weak side with Timmons as the MLB. Probably not a 1st round need for a two down LB in their eyes.

if that's the case what the heck were they sniffing Zach brown for? surely it wasn't 2 down and surely it wasn't 2 deep...im hoping they are still looking for the weak cause I think miamis gonna be pretty suspect in the nickel vs the pass with kiko and Timmons and heavy zone indicators

if that's the case what the heck were they sniffing Zach brown for? surely it wasn't 2 down and surely it wasn't 2 deep...im hoping they are still looking for the weak cause I think miamis gonna be pretty suspect in the nickel vs the pass with kiko and Timmons and heavy zone indicators

I didn't believe it when I heard Brown was going to play SLB but it was either true or he was used as a ploy. I really don't get it.

They probably also view Cunngham as a SLB prospect.

Honestly I am with you on this. I have no idea why they were sniffing around Zach Brown unless they were moving Timmons to strong . . . Which I wasn't a fan of.

I get your concern with Kiko and Timmons as 3 down linebackers. Suspect is a word I would use, but I would also say capable . . . Unlike having Spencer Paysinger wearing a target.

It is shaping up for Edge Rusher in round 1 and at 3.4 million guaranteed on Nate Allen they better hope he is due a rebound year from the ACL that sidelined him in 2015. He is much better than Rambo and more range than IAQ . . . Hopefully he remains consistent.

Strong will have to be draft pick and Misi back on a lower deal . . . Winner starts.

May have to invest that 97 on nickel CB . . .a guy with boundary potential as well.

22. Edge
54. LB
97. CB

Sign a veteran rotational DT.

I think it was a ploy to get Kiko to sign his extension. Had nothing to do with Brown at all.

I'd like to think the team doesn't have the time to bring in a FA just to make Alonso sign an extension. Wouldn't he have signed at the end of 2017?

I didn't believe it when I heard Brown was going to play SLB but it was either true or he was used as a ploy. I really don't get it.

strong would be clown shoes as a plan a with brown...I think Timmons best fit is mike the guaranteed money would seem to indicate 3 down roll although its not cut and dry...im hoping they have it as set right now as plan b...ie Timmons and kiko nickel...

I know one thing if they draft a 2 down strong with a 1st or 2nd round pick that isn't plan a edge sub rusher I'm gonna blast the living hell out of these guys for it...that is utter incompetence...you draft 2 down strong that high off with your head

Back
Top Bottom