Reports From CHI Joint Practices | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reports From CHI Joint Practices

they loved to improvise, but the triggers and video sync and all the other things left very few areas for them to wig out and Phish it.

plus, they came to realize their fan base wanted the songs pretty album faithful in concert, so they strove for that elusive perfect show every night.

during sound check they would just jam and record it. lots of great tunes came from those jams.
... and that bores me to tears.

But I've met dozens of Rush fans over the years, and you are right... this is what they want.

Heck, I like their albums, and still listen to them some times.

... and that bores me to tears.

But I've met dozens of Rush fans over the years, and you are right... this is what they want.

Heck, I like their albums, and still listen to them some times.
that stretch of albums from Caress of Steel through Hemispheres is probably my favorite run of albums of any band any time.

Last edited:
Sure... where should I start? Would you like a digital version?
Actually really enjoy your war stories as a ref -- specifically when there's some degree of relevance to the contemporary Miami Dolphins.

My memory is not perfect but it seems the OL has “just needed time” for a really long time.

You're right. The OL has been bad for a long time. But, there's a difference between allowing oneself to be hopeful and wallowing in pessimism. What I've seen from Flo, staff, and reports this summer, it appears the OL will be better than it has in a long time. I'm not allowing myself to be pollyann-ish about it - fans have been disappointed often. But 'hopeful' feels better that 'nothing will change.'
Real world - it takes quite a while for most OLmen to reach a point where they are NFL-capable and it takes a while for an OL to become cohesive. Fans have seen progress. I also wonder what Miami AND CHI are keeping under wraps until the season starts. I just want to get the starting 5 to be identified and let them play together

You'll be eating your words when you watch Wilson play. Fields is going to be the one that busts. None of those Ohio State QB's have ever been worth a damn in the pros. I hope I'm wrong since I'm a Dolphins fan, but Wilson is going to be giving us fits for years.
don-shula-autographed-photo-and-tom-olivadotti-8x10-jsa_ss2_p-12954165+u-pgqquzig3pd7e49rlzoj+v-0a75dcbadf204ca8bb10fd39bb731a54.jpg
Don Shula just rolled over in his grave. Olividatti's got ANOTHER QB he's scared of. It's a loooonnnngggg list....

I was blessed growing up... I lived about 2 hours from Hollywood, and there are dozens of very small places that very big bands will choose to play within. I got pretty spoiled. Go to the Forum? Nah...

The best venue I ever attended though was Possum Kingdom... where a stage had been erected right next to the lake. It was a festival, but a small one... and people were actually IN the lake, listening to live music. It was just a great time.
Do you have a group/person that you weren't expecting to be "all that" , but then blew you away?

The group that had that affect on me was Judas Priest. My wife won a couple tickets to a Judas Priest/Deep Purple concert & Judas Priest was GREAT! My wife even liked it & she is no metal head.

Just wondering...

Love the Jets picked Wilson at 2 . Then they are going to make him to start and carry the team from day 1. No veteran back up . For a guy with 1 good yr during covid Same old Jets .
Like we've got room to brag. We rush started a rookie coming off a near career-ending injury when we had an effective veteran who was a team leader, paired with an ascendant defense. We've given our current young QB the same commitment to taking pressure off him via the run game the same as our last QB prospect.

Do you have a group/person that you weren't expecting to be "all that" , but then blew you away?

The group that had that affect on me was Judas Priest. My wife won a couple tickets to a Judas Priest/Deep Purple concert & Judas Priest was GREAT! My wife even liked it & she is no metal head.

Just wondering...
The J. Geils Band.

I caught these guys on the Sanctuary tour and OMG... so much energy, so much swagger, and Peter's voice is just amazing.

Another time was Steve Marriot and Humble Pie... these 4 scruffy guys came out with cigarettes in their mouths and beers in hand... jammed the smokes in their frets and just wailed. One of the most rock n roll things I have ever witnessed. Marriot was a God.

Judas Priest came to B-town a lot when I was a teenager, so I've seen them MANY times... Rob's voice is one of those transcendent voices... He could scream, and hit every note.

The J. Geils Band.

I caught these guys on the Sanctuary tour and OMG... so much energy, so much swagger, and Peter's voice is just amazing.

Another time was Steve Marriot and Humble Pie... these 4 scruffy guys came out with cigarettes in their mouths and beers in hand... jammed the smokes in their frets and just wailed. One of the most rock n roll things I have ever witnessed. Marriot was a God.

Judas Priest came to B-town a lot when I was a teenager, so I've seen them MANY times... Rob's voice is one of those transcendent voices... He could scream, and hit every note.
J. Geils Band?!?! No kidding? Thats awesome!

Yeah, I saw Judas Priest just a couple of years ago & yup, Rob still has those smokin vocals.

Thanks for the reply, I've been missing live music/shows like crazy. Had great seats for The Doobie Bros. last June, Motley Crue w/Def Leppard, Poison & Joan Jett last July & The Stones in August. All rescheduled! SUCKS!!!

J. Geils Band?!?! No kidding? Thats awesome!

Yeah, I saw Judas Priest just a couple of years ago & yup, Rob still has those smokin vocals.

Thanks for the reply, I've been missing live music/shows like crazy. Had great seats for The Doobie Bros. last June, Motley Crue w/Def Leppard, Poison & Joan Jett last July & The Stones in August. All rescheduled! SUCKS!!!
I'm going to see King Buffalo in L.A. on the 14th in this tiny little place called the Moroccan. They are a stoner rock band that I really like... NOT a high energy band at all. They've also been called desert rock or progressive metal. They are a young band and I love finding new bands; classic rock is fine, but I'm not dead yet.

I'm going to see King Buffalo in L.A. on the 14th in this tiny little place called the Moroccan. They are a stoner rock band that I really like... NOT a high energy band at all. They've also been called desert rock or progressive metal. They are a young band and I love finding new bands; classic rock is fine, but I'm not dead yet.
Agreed.

Isn't it great to go see a band in a tiny hole in the wall?

Thanks for the heads up on King Buffalo, I''ll definitely check them out. Thanks again.

Figure ill jump in on the concert talk, sad i never saw Rush. I am seeing King Crimson later this month and ive seen Hackett play classic prog Genesis stuff, also have seen Dream Theater like 6 times. My top concert is definitely Radiohead though. I saw Slipknot and left halfeway through, not a fan only went to the festival for Mastodon and had to sit through crap like Hellyeah RIP Vinnie Paul though.

Back
Top Bottom