Reputation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets bump this because I am wondering the same thing. With the previous answers, the links are broken.

Reputation is just that, how well are you recieved by your fellow posters? post something everyone likes or something that is insightful and makes people think and you'll possibly recieve postive rep.

Start trolling and just say things to tick people off and it'll go the other way.

There is one equalizer one way or the other, Admins and mods have more rep power than anyone else. If we give you negative or postive rep, you'll see a jump one way or the other. Of course our power can be used to right someone just giving negative rep for the heck of it.

Anyway, its meant as a fun feature and in no way should you take it to heart if your rep goes one way or the other.

Just wondering how you give and earn reputation? I just saw that I received 30 Reputation points for a post and am confused to how this works.

Ive read alot of posts from you that I like. Therefore I hooked you up bro.:up:

I've been curious about this too. So each time I thank a poster his/her reputation goes up a bar?

rep is the lil scale icon right below the green bars on the lower left corner of a page

how do you give some one positive or negative reputation?

click user cp on top left corner of the page and you can see if you've been repped

I'm loved one day and hated the next according to the reputation :D

That is what happened to me yesterday. I don't like that the reputation is given anonymously, I am getting loads of negative rep points from the newer posters who just like to hurl insults. The least that should happen is we know who they are.

That is what happened to me yesterday. I don't like that the reputation is given anonymously, I am getting loads of negative rep points from the newer posters who just like to hurl insults. The least that should happen is we know who they are.
Having it anonymous is just the way we decided to do it. It prevents someone from going after a poster with negative rep just because they themselves got negged.

Example:

Poster "A" makes a dumb post and poster "B" gave that user a negative reputation. Now, user "A" sees that user "B" is the person who gave him negative rep and goes and attacks him with negative rep for no real reason other then the fact that "A" got negged himself. Being anonymous makes it that the user who deserves it, is the only one who gets it and prevents retaliation.

Also, users can not attack one poster with negative rep over and over again. If you give rep to someone, whether it be positive or negative, you can not give that same person rep points again until you give rep points to at least five other users. Also, if it is only new users that are attacking you with negative rep, it shouldn't really make that big of a dent since they hardly have any reputation power, if any at all. Rep power is neutral(they have no effect at all) until they have at least 100 posts. Even then, they have only limited power. You gain more power with posts(the levels are pretty high amounts of posts) and how much positive reputation you have received.

The system is fair, and I am sorry you have so much negative reputation. It isn't just one new person attacking you(they wouldn't make a dent on you), it is probably quite a few individuals.

Back
Top Bottom