Rich Gannon on Dolphins - It’s embarrassing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Gannon on Dolphins - It’s embarrassing

This organization has failed on so many levels since our last competent coach retired and left the team in Wanny's hands. Drafts have been mediocre to terrible, free agent acquisitions never seem to work out. No leadership in the locker room or on sidelines to get everyone moving in the same direction. This organization has produced garbage for over 2 decades now and we are left with more questions than answers again this year. We need a leader that has a clear vision to build a team that competes every year in the AFC East. Mediocrity can't be acceptable when you are competing with an organization like the Patriots who will magnify every weakness you line up with, every time you face them. The question you have to ask yourself is, do Tannenbaum, Hickey, Campbell and this current coaching staff meet those expectations?

Rich Gannon is turning into one of the biggest Dolphin bashers in the NFL media, (although still not in the league of the sarcastic sickly sweet Alex Marvez). On Sirius NFL Radio he regularly enjoys ridiculing the team. When Dan Campbell was appointed the interim coach, Rich was laughing that he wasn't even an Offensive Coordinator.

No doubt Philbin left this team as bad as he found it, perhaps worse, but at some point before the end of the season it becomes Campbell's responsibility. So my question to you is "When?"

At some point during his interview to be the interim coach, someone must have asked Campbell if he could turn this team around. And Campbell must have answered "yes." So whether it's "impossible" or not, Campbell has accepted responsibility for improving the product, and if he doesn't show any ability to do that, he needs to be replaced. What this team does between now and the end of the season is Campbell's resume. He really has nothing else. He has no track record of past success in a position of any significance. Unless he can prove himself fairly convincingly by the end of the season, I certainly don't want this team committing to multiple years to an unproven coach.

"When is this on Dan Campbell?" My honest answer is specially what are we talking about. Things like the coaching staff, team mentality and some of the personnel is still on Joe and it will not fade until this offseason.

Dan Campbell is responsible for things he can control like the bad clock management and the stupid slant pass at the end of the half...things like who is getting snaps is on him.

I am pulling for Dan Campbell a ton because I love how he has tackled a Herculean task head-on. I pull for people that are tough odds. However, based on past history he is probably not going to succeed when you look at past interim coaches. Again, his results will determine whether he gets the gig or not. It will take care of itself.

Rich Gannon is turning into one of the biggest Dolphin bashers in the NFL media, (although still not in the league of the sarcastic sickly sweet Alex Marvez). On Sirius NFL Radio he regularly enjoys ridiculing the team. When Dan Campbell was appointed the interim coach, Rich was laughing that he wasn't even an Offensive Coordinator.

I mean, we can all have our beliefs and optimisms about the Dolphins -- there are certainly things I look at in Campbell despite his deficiencies and inexperience that tell me he'd be an interesting prospect at HC -- but to anyone outside south florida, I would give them the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time -- this team always looks foolish and IMO rightly so. Until Miami gets it right and stays consistently right, we're getting our lickings. Firing Philbin was a grade A move. Waiting until year 4 after his 3rd straight end of season debacle was a grade C- move at best. (EDIT: Could have had the chance to do a proper head coach search over the offseason, but instead we promote from within on short notice on a staff that hasn't exactly wowed anyone in a while. And the lucky winner has to deal with all of Joes players and coaches as his team) Can't operate like this in the NFL or you just look like a team who doesn't have any foresight.

"When is this on Dan Campbell?" My honest answer is specially what are we talking about. Things like the coaching staff, team mentality and some of the personnel is still on Joe and it will not fade until this offseason.

Dan Campbell is responsible for things he can control like the bad clock management and the stupid slant pass at the end of the half...things like who is getting snaps is on him.

I am pulling for Dan Campbell a ton because I love how he has tackled a Herculean task head-on. I pull for people that are tough odds. However, based on past history he is probably not going to succeed when you look at past interim coaches. Again, his results will determine whether he gets the gig or not. It will take care of itself.

So does Philbin get credit for those 40 point victories too or does he just get blame for all the times the team is flat for the remainder of the season and Campbell gets the credit for all blowout wins?

You make excuse after excuse for guys like McCoy, Mangini and Payton but everything wrong with the Dolphins is 100% Philbin, including the team coming out flat despite him not making the gameplans or pregame speeches anymore. Its absolutely ridiculous to say blowout wins were proof that the team just needed a real coach, even using the San Diego game as more evidence then when we look like the same old team all of a sudden that is evidence the team is just uncoachable. Its one or the other, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

Rich was very unpopular with his Raider teammates back in the day...

he was a pain in the rear. In a large way.

He seems to like going after the low lying fruit as a sportscaster.

He seems sharp enough, but mentally lazy if you ask me.

The routes weren't run short, they were designed that way.

RT just almost NEVER chooses the right option on 3rd down.

He COULD throw it past the sticks, but he rushes when he has time.

He does not treat 3rd down any different than 1st down.

So does Philbin get credit for those 40 point victories too or does he just get blame for all the times the team is flat for the remainder of the season and Campbell gets the credit for all blowout wins?

You make excuse after excuse for guys like McCoy, Mangini and Payton but everything wrong with the Dolphins is 100% Philbin, including the team coming out flat despite him not making the gameplans or pregame speeches anymore. Its absolutely ridiculous to say blowout wins were proof that the team just needed a real coach, even using the San Diego game as more evidence then when we look like the same old team all of a sudden that is evidence the team is just uncoachable. Its one or the other, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

I will give Joe ALL the credit for the blowout wins if that makes you happy.

I will make excuses to for Jackson, Haley, Marrone and Malzahn. Get it right.

I think he has some valid arguments here... Maybe we don't have the right players for this system or maybe we don't have that much talent which would mean that we can't draft for ish!!!![/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

We don't have a system. This franchise needs to be fixed from the top down, in that order.

We're still blaming the coach who got fired for the leadership on the field right now. Why doesn't the QB who exhibits no leadership, no ability to elevate his game in big moments, and who looks like a deer i headlights when things are going bad get any blame? He's still here. As far as I have ever seen it, Philbin and Tannehill are one. Philbin orchestrated that QB competition to get Tannehill the job before he was ready and Tannehill has played on the field the exact same way Philbin coached. Failure in big moments, can't handle success, and doesn't know how to manage talent that is not grade A character as well.

He's been pretty bad already.. Hayden fox called it, he was pushing joe Philbin hard

Back
Top Bottom