Ricky saves Wannstedt's job... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky saves Wannstedt's job...

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
Wayne Huizenga:

"We have to make the playoffs this year, that's all there is to it. Now, if we don't make the playoffs and there is a good reason, if a bunch of guys get broken legs, well then, OK, maybe that's something else. But our goal is, we have to make the playoffs. And then it starts all over again."

Is Ricky falling on the blade for Wannstedt? I know that sounds ridiculous, but if the team pulls together and has a decent year despite Ricky's wacky-weed revelations, does Mr. H give coach another chance?

i think Ricky is losing wannstedts job... just to show wannstedt made another bad move picking him up in the first place.

we didn't know how to use ricky...we abused him and took him for granted. that is not grounds to quit and doesn't excuse the way he did it but wannsdat could have done a better job with ricky

Honestly, I would have picked Ricky up when he became available in New Orleans. I didn't have a second thought about that. When Ricky ran he was a living highlight reel. I am trully surprised to find all of this Pot stuff has been going on and that Ricky quit.

I do think if the season is less than a playoff one, Wanny will be coaching football at Pitt next year in the Big East or something.

Notice how idiot Huizenga said "we must make the PLAYOFFS" and not "we must win the SUPER BOWL"? I actually e-mailed Huizenga the other day BEGGING him to sell the team to someone who cares about winning SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS. He has turned our beloved franchise into a farce. An absolute FARCE.

well why don't we just pull all of our money (finheaven members), buy the damn thing and do what we wish. LMAO would be funny if all Fin's fans could and would buy this team.

Dolfan73 said:
well why don't we just pull all of our money (finheaven members), buy the damn thing and do what we wish. LMAO would be funny if all Fin's fans could and would buy this team.
It would take about $150,000 from every finheaven member, including the kids that post here, to even get close to buying the team. And, even if we were able to all come up with that kind of coin, all the members here dont agree on ANYTHING. That makes for some great debate on a message board but would be crippling trying to run a team :) Nice dream though.

Wyane and DW are presently still in a case of denial and/or shock of the latest occurrences of Ricky... Anything thing that is stated from here until the end of the season will be magnifyed... This year will really test and reveal the character of this organization.. The pressure has intensified...Winning and making the playoffs is the only antedote for this situation...

pwn3dyo said:
i think Ricky is losing wannstedts job... just to show wannstedt made another bad move picking him up in the first place.

you're joking right. please tell me you're joking. made a bad move by picking up the NFL's leading rusher? wand. may have abused ricky by turning to an even more conservative gameplan, but the highlight of his miami tenure will always be the pick up of ricky williams regardless of ricky's retirement. you forget to realize that both don shula and jimmy johnson (both great coaches and superbowl champions) failed to establish a running game in miami because for so many years they rode the arm of marino. wand. was the first one to go out there and be aggressive enough to get pure talent in the backfield.

i dont think ricky's retiring will cost wand's job if they dont make the playoffs. wand's job was up in the air immediatly after last season when they didnt make the playoffs. if i were hyzingua i would sit and watch if wand can utilize a more balanced game plan using the pass and run to win games and get into the playoffs. and hyzingua knows that this team will not be in the superbowl this year just like everyone else knows. so using post season success as a measure of a coach is good. i say we have to get at least past the first round of the playoffs in order for wand to keep his job.

people also remember this: 2002 was the year of ray lucas. he lost 3 games for us which is out of wand's control. who is he going to bring in sage rosenfield? and 2003 was the year that 10-6 doesnt get you into the playoffs. the AFC was just incredible last year. i know it sounds like im making excuses but these are things you have to look at when you are deciding a coach's future.

musk said:
you're joking right. please tell me you're joking. made a bad move by picking up the NFL's leading rusher? wand. may have abused ricky by turning to an even more conservative gameplan, but the highlight of his miami tenure will always be the pick up of ricky williams regardless of ricky's retirement. you forget to realize that both don shula and jimmy johnson (both great coaches and superbowl champions) failed to establish a running game in miami because for so many years they rode the arm of marino. wand. was the first one to go out there and be aggressive enough to get pure talent in the backfield.

i dont think ricky's retiring will cost wand's job if they dont make the playoffs. wand's job was up in the air immediatly after last season when they didnt make the playoffs. if i were hyzingua i would sit and watch if wand can utilize a more balanced game plan using the pass and run to win games and get into the playoffs. and hyzingua knows that this team will not be in the superbowl this year just like everyone else knows. so using post season success as a measure of a coach is good. i say we have to get at least past the first round of the playoffs in order for wand to keep his job.

people also remember this: 2002 was the year of ray lucas. he lost 3 games for us which is out of wand's control. who is he going to bring in sage rosenfield? and 2003 was the year that 10-6 doesnt get you into the playoffs. the AFC was just incredible last year. i know it sounds like im making excuses but these are things you have to look at when you are deciding a coach's future.

The only problem with your logic is that he was responsible for Ray lucas. He went out and got him in Free Agency when Chan Gailey was coordinator and tried to force him into Norv Turners offense which didn't suit his skills. Quite frankly, neither did/does suit Jay Fiedler's skills either.

Back
Top Bottom