Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Speaks......Tells Fans to GTH.

seriously you fin fans should have seen this coming. Running him 35 times against the bills, the coaching staff was litterally killing this guy. He was abused here and taken for granted. No wonder he wanted to retire, he has nothing to prove to anyone. He already has enough money so why would he stay here and get crippled some more then leave?

Section126 - don't sweat the idiots with 4 posts who thought it would be entertaining to come here and mess with real fans during a "transitional" time.

Section126 said:
You mean those total strangers that paid his salary? How bout the total strangers that are his teammates.....how bout all the total strangers he betrayed (Coaches, Fans, Teammates, etc.)?

Dude, you are smoking whatever Ricky is smoking......you can also tell that you don't pay for tickets to watch this team.
I watch the Dolphins because i'm a fan of the team. Not Ricky. The team could be made up of 52 Jay Feidler's and i'd still root for them.

And as far as the fans paying his salary, that's a moot point. Fans don't run athletes lives. The athletes do.

Section126 said:
Just reported.......Ricky was asked last night to comment and had said that: "Faxing my retirement was the greatest thing I have ever done."

Also said when asked about the decision: "Something told me that I don't need to be controlled by anyone or anything."

Also said: "I feel Free, It is a wonderful feeling to have freedom."

When asked about his responsibility to Fans and the team: "I have no responsibility to anyone but myself, the fans will get over it when they get another guy."

Final Ricky quote: "The sad truth is that none of the fans that are upset have to ever run the ball and show up for training camp and live by their rules, They unfortunately just don't matter."

That last quote says it all.........
I'm sorry, but that last statement by Ricky is just ridiculous. He makes it sound like he has the toughest job on the planet, or that he was some kind of slave. That's pretty weak of Ricky. Most "Fans" can only dream to have his job, and to live his lifestyle. His job ain't **it when you think of all the money he gets. Many people work just as hard (or even harder), and don't get much more than minimum wage.I think Jim Brown has rubbed off on him.

Muck you say he dosent have to play for the fans right.and that hes wealthy right ? but dont forget the because of the fans is the reason why he is wealthy.imagine if no fans watched football he would not be a millionaire i promise you that

Guy Incognito said:
Here is where your theory is flawed. Ricky Williams was a player on the team. He doesn't make business decisions for the them. He made a decision to change his life by leaving football, and that's his decision to make.
Ricky makes business decisions for himself...in fact, this one is costing him millions of dollars. Therefore, my comments are 100% true.

Section126 said:
Just reported.......Ricky was asked last night to comment and had said that: "Faxing my retirement was the greatest thing I have ever done."

Also said when asked about the decision: "Something told me that I don't need to be controlled by anyone or anything."

Also said: "I feel Free, It is a wonderful feeling to have freedom."

When asked about his responsibility to Fans and the team: "I have no responsibility to anyone but myself, the fans will get over it when they get another guy."

Final Ricky quote: "The sad truth is that none of the fans that are upset have to ever run the ball and show up for training camp and live by their rules, They unfortunately just don't matter."

That last quote says it all.........

Who is Ricky?

He has a point though... I mean do you wake up every day for a 4 month period without the ability to move an inch without hurting everywhere?

I would for $3.75 million in base salary, + bonus potential, + endorsement deals. $3.75million for about four months of work that entails being treated like a God to play a football game every Sunday afternoon? You do realize that people are signing up as contractors in an inhospitable combat zone at $100,000 dollars for *12* months of more difficult, dangerous, demanding and unpleasant work, just because most of that money is going to be untaxable? Oh, but the poor guy, his ribs ache. Tell that to the guys in Landstuhl that are pulling in 12gs a year and get jihadist 7.62s lodged in their spines for their trouble.

I'm not even going to get into the "I want to be a role model" and "I'm doing it for my family." If he thinks that giving up an enviable (and successful) career to go smoke pot in Asia is going to help him serve as a role-model for his kids, he's an even bigger nutjob than I thought. Which is impressive.

Welcome to the real world, son. The man's a ****ing idiot.

true50 said:
Muck you say he dosent have to play for the fans right.and that hes wealthy right ? but dont forget the because of the fans is the reason why he is wealthy.imagine if no fans watched football he would not be a millionaire i promise you that
True.

Ya Shalafi.. Tell Earl Campbell that.. The dude cant even walk without a cane now...

Mr. Pink said:
I would for $3.75 million in base salary, + bonus potential, + endorsement deals. $3.75million for about four months of work that entails being treated like a God to play a football game every Sunday afternoon? You do realize that people are signing up as contractors in an inhospitable combat zone at $100,000 dollars for *12* months of more difficult, dangerous, demanding and unpleasant work, just because most of that money is going to be untaxable? Oh, but the poor guy, his ribs ache. Tell that to the guys in Landstuhl that are pulling in 12gs a year and get jihadist 7.62s lodged in their spines for their trouble.

I'm not even going to get into the "I want to be a role model" and "I'm doing it for my family." If he thinks that giving up an enviable (and successful) career to go smoke pot in Asia is going to help him serve as a role-model for his kids, he's an even bigger nutjob than I thought. Which is impressive.

Welcome to the real world, son. The man's a ****ing idiot.

This response is perfect. Ricky knew what was involved in being a football star. For the kind of jack he gets paid I would wake up sore every day for the res of my life.

It is his life and he does have a right to make a decision. But do it like a professional and with some consideration to the team and fans. Doing it six days before camp with no chance to get a repalcement sucks. HE could have done this at the end of last year or the end of next year and given the Fins a real chance to repalce him. THIS is where he let all of us down. His comment say it all. He doesn't care about anything but RW. And in the end of his pitiful life he will be a doped up quitter who will have all he ever wanted, himself. Screw Ricky. He stuck it in us and broke it off. Two first round picks and the millions paid deserved more than this. He is obligated.

Like I said screw him. He showed that he is no man. He is not a role model. He is a quitter. A man takes care of his reposnisiblities like a man. Quitting now tells me who he really is.

Muck said:
If you've read Ricky's writings on his site the past two years, this wouldn't come as a suprise to you.

Ricky has long said that the adulation is only temporary. That when he leaves the game, that adulation will go away. That the moment his play begins to decline, the fans will turn.

I'm sorry, but Ricky doesn't have a responsibility to play for the fans. He didn't make you buy the jersey. Heck, he doesn't even sell them. Nor does he get all the profits. That's the NFL's cash cow. And the money is distributed evenly.

If he doesn't want to play, he shouldn't play. He's wealthy enough to be able to make that choice. If he did play, he'd be accused of underachieving and dogging it. The only responsibility he didn't fufill was giving this organization a chance to execute a contingency plan. THAT'S where I have beef, because he's left his teammates in a lurch.

Other than that, I respect his decision. You need to get over it.

In a way, I do agree, but I also don't. No, he doesn't owe us fans a thing. His teammates? Damn right he does. He owes them more than to quit at the last minute before camp starts. I think what he did to his teammates was weak, to say the least. They have dreams of winning a SuperBowl. By quitting this late, he put a damper on their ability to attain those dreams.

RW is showing his attitude and comments are nothing mroe than self-centered and arrogant, just like the other 3 guys he knows and follows...J.Brown, B.Sanders, and R.Smith.

R.Smith, there's a winner...guy has the nerve to write a book TO GET MONEY and talk about his NFL career and why he quite. He has the guts to admit he never liked football, meanwhile there are thousands busting arse to be in the NFL.

Guy Incognito said:
If he isn't happy playing football, then it's his choice whether to quit or not. What total strangers think should be the last thing on his mind.

Guy,

I do something as simple as deliver packages for a living. When I am sick, want a personal holiday, or retire I give some kind of notice for the company to prepare for my absence. It's just a common courtesy. When sick (which is seldom) I call in as early as I come to grip with the fact that I cannot do the job. I am forced by contract to give eight days notice for just one day off. I am forced by contract to schedule my vacations in November of the previous year. In every job you have responsibility to your co-workers, your customers and most of all your employer.

Aside from a life threatening illness to yourself or a family member there is no excuse for what he has done. Put any spin on it you want. Bottom line he will be remembered as one of the most selfish acts in the sporting world.

It is a completely selfish act.

What's similar? I could work all year until my employer is stretched to maximum capacity on December 12 and not return. Package volume in my location climbs from a normal 11,000 packages to 20,000 in December. That is what he has done.

The fireman? Quit when the bell sounds.
The emergency room? Leave during the earthquake.
The lawyer? Quit when he realizes he has to go to trial.
The fast food employee? Quit at 11:30 am.

Everyone could do this at their place of employ.

Ricky Williams is a selfish bastard.

Back
Top Bottom