Ricky to undergo surgery on Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky to undergo surgery on Monday

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5807322 if already posted...sorry, didn't see it

Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago

TORONTO (AP) - Ricky Williams will undergo surgery Monday to repair a broken left arm and is expected to miss at least four weeks, The Globe and Mail reported Sunday.

Williams was hurt during the first half of a 26-23 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday.

The injury happened when Williams reached out with his left hand to break his fall on the turf at Mosaic Stadium in Regina. He later returned to the sideline with his arm in a sling.

Williams is playing in the CFL after he was suspended by the NFL for one year after a fourth positive drug test. He is still under contract with the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

The Globe and Mail reported the Dolphins called Toronto to learn more details of the injury.

"They just wanted to find out what happened and the two trainers - Toronto's and Miami's - talked," Argos president Keith Pelley told the newspaper.

Under the deal between Toronto and Miami, the Argos are under no obligation to get the Dolphins' approval before sending Williams back on the field.

Through his first four games, Williams had been slow to adjust to three-down football. He entered Saturday's game with 53 carries for 214 yards and had four carries for 17 yards before the injury.

I wonder if there's any chance that the Argonats can pull a move where because he didn't play most of the season they can get one more season out of him before he's allowed to return to the Dolphins? Maybe some kind of wierd wording in the contract?

OurHeartAndSoul said:
I wonder if there's any chance that the Argonats can pull a move where because he didn't play most of the season they can get one more season out of him before he's allowed to return to the Dolphins? Maybe some kind of wierd wording in the contract?

I doubt it....before the game the local Regina media asked the Head Coach whether he would like to have Ricky in the lineup next year. The Coach responded that he would love to have Ricky back but it contractually imposible for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom