Ricky Williams Ploy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Ploy

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ricky Williams

Anyone else get the feeling that maybe Ricky retired to force Miami to change there offensive game plan. Wanny runs a very vanilla offense and is running Ricky so much he was bound to get hurt. The human body just isn't built to run into a brick wall 400 times a year.

Lets face it the new hires are less than impressive and from the looks of a couple threads more and more displeasure over them and the play calling are coming out. Not to make Ricky a martar or anything but Wanny has put WAY TOO MUCH on Ricky's shoulders that maybe Ricky saw things weren't changing as he had hoped and didn't want to hit that wall that many times again.

I was a big RW fan and was very disappointed when he retired as opposed to the fact that he retired. I honestly hope that changes are made on offense if the players are feeling frustrated at the play calling that the coaches take a serious look at how they have and how they can spread the ball around. Granted it sucks RW retired but if hadn't does anyone feel that the coaching staff would have changed their play calling all the much from last year? I don't.

I have to say, its not a bad thought, the Dolphins have run Ricky to death the last 2 years, and have done little else honestly. I cant say with as looney as Rickey is though that I actually think he planned it, but you do make a valid point that something drastic seems to need to be done. I supported Fiedler for the whole time, but after seeing bombs continually overthrown, receivers stretched out over the middle and drilled, the underthrows, overthrows, week throws on the outs for picks, I am tired of that. We need to put Feeley in and open this offense back up some and take some pressure off the running game !! No matter what happens with Ricky, I think Dave needs to understand, we have got to open this up, and I hope he finally does

IAFINFAN said:
Anyone else get the feeling that maybe Ricky retired to force Miami to change there offensive game plan. Wanny runs a very vanilla offense and is running Ricky so much he was bound to get hurt. The human body just isn't built to run into a brick wall 400 times a year.

Lets face it the new hires are less than impressive and from the looks of a couple threads more and more displeasure over them and the play calling are coming out. Not to make Ricky a martar or anything but Wanny has put WAY TOO MUCH on Ricky's shoulders that maybe Ricky saw things weren't changing as he had hoped and didn't want to hit that wall that many times again.

I was a big RW fan and was very disappointed when he retired as opposed to the fact that he retired. I honestly hope that changes are made on offense if the players are feeling frustrated at the play calling that the coaches take a serious look at how they have and how they can spread the ball around. Granted it sucks RW retired but if hadn't does anyone feel that the coaching staff would have changed their play calling all the much from last year? I don't.

If Ricky did do this to make Wanny change the offense and not be so damn predictable, then I have 2 words for Ricky........................THANK YOU!!!!

ltfinfan said:
yeah he is going to give up his football career just to get the dolphins to change there offense :shakeno:
Sounds logical to me...
:roflmao:

ltfinfan said:
yeah he is going to give up his football career just to get the dolphins to change there offense :shakeno:
lol ya. Not to mention, Wanny isnt even sure if hes gonna change the gameplan. He still says nothing will change. If this is tru, he doesnt deserve to be a HC in this leauge.

You guys are forgetting the timeline of the events....What was Ricky's first excuse??? That's right, he was going is search of the "truth" and he was tiredd of being controlled.
When did all this happen? Before TC, right but, everything was rolling merrily along until Ricky's trouble with the league and marijuana came to a huge impasse.

Any excuse that was made after that, is nothing but a cover up for that.

Case closed......Ricky fails third drug test....
Williams admitted Thursday that marijuana played a larger role in his retirement than he originally indicated, and that he learned of a third failed test and upcoming suspension just days before informing Coach Dave Wannstedt of his decision to quit football.

Back
Top Bottom