Ricky Williams: Zach Thomas speaks to Dolphins team about team chemistry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams: Zach Thomas speaks to Dolphins team about team chemistry

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ricly Williams is a guest on the Joe Rose Show and Joe asked Ricky about locker room chemistry and if it was big to him. Ricky said "fans don't get it, this is not Madden. A team might look great on paper, but history has shown a team full of stars does not necessarily work."

Ricky Williams told Joe Rose that Zach Thomas came to speak to the Dolphins about locker room chemistry and said "Guys who are locker room cancers are turds, if you have a turd in the room it stinks up the whole place."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps just another piece to the puzzle on why we did not get Moss. Like I said nobody questioned Moss' talent, but the guy is not worth the gamble, not when he is gonna come in and mess with your team's chemistry.

Put it to you this way Moss has not arrived at Tennessee and Nate Washington has already gone public expressing his thoughts on why the Titans should not have gotten Moss. Washington specifically said "I'm going to speak up and say that we have so many good young guys. ... We aren't individuals ... We have a team goal in mind." The Freak Show has already begun in Tennesee

Why are we still talking about Moss?

I didn't know he played for the Dolphins?

Teddy Bruschi:

"Personally, I was Randy Moss's teammate for 2 years and he was nothing but the best teammate inside the locker room."

Vince Wilfork:

"Just coming over and being the first new year and I heard he [Moss] had a place down in Florida and heard good things from good people. We hit it off from day one, that’s a friendship that is going to last forever. I don’t think that will change just because he’s not a Patriot; I’ve seen people come and go all the time but that’s one guy that is really a great person, great athlete, great friend, great teammate whatever you want to say, he’s a great dude. We just hit off from day one and we’ve been kicking it ever since."

"'probably one of the greatest guys you’ll ever meet"

Percy Harvin:

"We're friends and we'll remain friends. The things he taught me I'll continue to use to elevate my game."

Adrian Peterson:

"Moss is a great teammate." "Enjoyed the time with you Moss!"

Kerry Collins:

"He was professional, respectful, he was a team guy. I think a lot of the stuff that you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind. He's very truthful with what he says and that doesn't always play well. He was a great teammate."

Fred Taylor:

“Randy’s misunderstood form the outside looking in, for the most part. In this locker room, you would love to have him as a teammate. I’m sure the receivers do. Everybody else, he’s always trying to get a little energy, a little spark from the players. You know: ‘Hey, guys, let’s go. Keep your head up.’ In a nutshell, he’s an awesome teammate. I don’t want to get carried away, but he’s a great teammate to have.”

Bill Belichick:

[Big hug after the game]

I could find 10 more easily. Stop saying he was a locker room cancer. All we know is that the guy bitched about his food and told Tom Brady he looks like a girl (which he does). Don't blame him because he treats the NFL like it should be treated... as a business. If you take care of him, he will take care of you. There's no way to sugar coat this one, the FO messed up big time.

I put no stock in what comes from players on the Patriots. That said, let it be clear that he is not a "good guy". He is nothing but a dirtbag...always has been, always will be. Now, I understand that there is a chance the stars could align and it could work out with him for some period of time. But, eventually he will implode...always has, always will. There is a reason that 31 other teams (not jsut the Dolphins) passed on him.

If Randy Moss, even with his declining skills behaved like a Larry Fitzgerald or an Andre Johnson, there'd be far fewer than 30 other front offices, aside from the Fins who would have passed him by. But of course, folks on here are more astute and savvy than the collective wisdom of 31groups of football executives.

I put no stock in what comes from players on the Patriots. That said, let it be clear that he is not a "good guy". He is nothing but a dirtbag...always has been, always will be. Now, I understand that there is a chance the stars could align and it could work out with him for some period of time. But, eventually he will implode...always has, always will. There is a reason that 31 other teams (not jsut the Dolphins) passed on him.
There were quotes from Raider and Viking teammates, too.

Put it to you this way Moss has not arrived at Tennessee and Nate Washington has already gone public expressing his thoughts on why the Titans should not have gotten Moss. Washington specifically said "I'm going to speak up and say that we have so many good young guys. ... We aren't individuals ... We have a team goal in mind." The Freak Show has already begun in Tennesee

that is just part of what nate said, why twist his words???
anyhow, why would Washington be happy? when britt returns washington probably goes to the bench.
i don't think anyone would be too happy losing their job.
similarly here in miami, hartline was the one that didn't want him.
why because then he would very, very rarely see the field.
IMO it has more to do with losing snaps than being unhappy to get moss.
here is more of the article instead of an edited anti-Moss version.

"I don't really think we need him,'' Washington told the Tennessean. "I'm going to speak up and say that we have so many good young guys. If it so happens he does come to this locker room, we'll find a way to make it work. That's the type of guys we are. We aren't individuals ... We have a team goal in mind. That's what we're reaching for."
"Washington said there won't be any problems for Moss trying to assimilate into the Titans' group, however.
`It wouldn't bother me if he walked in tomorrow,'' Washington told the paper. "That's something we're going to have to deal with.
"As far as me speaking up for our group, no I don't think that we need him right now. We have a lot of young guys who have been working hard to come out and play on these Sundays."

all he says is he doesn't think they need him. i see nothing wrong.

"Guys who are locker room cancers are turds, if you have a turd in the room it stinks up the whole place."
this is the most epic sound bite in sports history.

From a business standpoint, one must assume Randy Moss will not be a cancer in the locker room, therefore the Dolphins FO passed on the opportunity to make the team better!!!!! That right there sucks and these guys running the show should be held accountable..

Teddy Bruschi:

"Personally, I was Randy Moss's teammate for 2 years and he was nothing but the best teammate inside the locker room."

Vince Wilfork:

"Just coming over and being the first new year and I heard he [Moss] had a place down in Florida and heard good things from good people. We hit it off from day one, that’s a friendship that is going to last forever. I don’t think that will change just because he’s not a Patriot; I’ve seen people come and go all the time but that’s one guy that is really a great person, great athlete, great friend, great teammate whatever you want to say, he’s a great dude. We just hit off from day one and we’ve been kicking it ever since."

"'probably one of the greatest guys you’ll ever meet"

Percy Harvin:

"We're friends and we'll remain friends. The things he taught me I'll continue to use to elevate my game."

Adrian Peterson:

"Moss is a great teammate." "Enjoyed the time with you Moss!"

Kerry Collins:

"He was professional, respectful, he was a team guy. I think a lot of the stuff that you see and hear gets overblown. The guy speaks his mind. He's very truthful with what he says and that doesn't always play well. He was a great teammate."

Fred Taylor:

“Randy’s misunderstood form the outside looking in, for the most part. In this locker room, you would love to have him as a teammate. I’m sure the receivers do. Everybody else, he’s always trying to get a little energy, a little spark from the players. You know: ‘Hey, guys, let’s go. Keep your head up.’ In a nutshell, he’s an awesome teammate. I don’t want to get carried away, but he’s a great teammate to have.”

Bill Belichick:

[Big hug after the game]

I could find 10 more easily. Stop saying he was a locker room cancer. All we know is that the guy bitched about his food and told Tom Brady he looks like a girl (which he does). Don't blame him because he treats the NFL like it should be treated... as a business. If you take care of him, he will take care of you. There's no way to sugar coat this one, the FO messed up big time.

This means nothing.. typical player speak

Fact of the matter is that Miami chose to pass on him... That is all that matters!!!! Everything else is just talk...

Back
Top Bottom