Ricky's last Journal entry!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's last Journal entry!!

I have not read it and I have no desire to do so either.

If it's the one about the school...

And the girl using Ricky's name as a definition of aggressive.... then that's not new.

Yeah that one is not new but it does encompass how incredibly moody he is. He goes from lamenting over and rededicating himself to his "true fans" to forsaking those fans and feeling wounded that they want him to play football.

yea thats been up for a long time thats not a new entry

To reapply myself to this thing, I am focusing on my true fans. A good friend of mine who lives in L.A. told me a story last night about a school she visited. While at the school, she noticed a vocabulary lesson with my name in it. The class was working on words, and one of the words was 'aggressive.' The little girl wrote "Rickey plays football very aggressively." When I heard this story, I was overcome with a sense of disappointment. Not disappointment over the fact that she spelled my name wrong, but I was disappointed at myself for sometimes forgetting my real fans, like that little girl. It rarely occurs to me that anyone outside of my friends and family pay much attention to me that way. The way kids hang my posters in their rooms, the way they wake up early on Sunday mornings eagerly waiting to see me play, or the way the 3 and the 4 are falling off their "Ricky Williams" jersey because they wear it everyday. Not the way people in a restaurant hear that a football player is seated across from them, disturb my meal to ask me if I play football, if I start, what team do I play for, and ask for an autograph. Not the way they come up to me to tell me the Dolphins suck, and ask me to put down my teammates. To me, that's not a fan. I could go on forever. But who wants to be negative? Not me. Back to the little girl: The story made me realize that their are people who are really interested and touched by my personal account of my daily life. I even met a guy in Australia who recognized me, told me how great my site was and how much it helped his girlfriend deal with some difficult things in her life.

This is the relevant part of the entry. As to it being "not new", it was new enough that he was already back from Australia for some time before he wrote it. What is really going on here? How did he just spin a 180? Is he completely off his medication? Does he just want to get into heavy drug use? Did the Dolphins piss him off somehow?

Whatever the answers are, there is no way I will ever encourage my little girl to look up to someone who just quit on people who were depending on him. She has a RW jersey, and now I am sorry I bought it for her. This isn't just poor business, it is pure selfishness, and the kind of thing I expect from low quality human beings, not champions or role models. Great example, Ricky, I bet your kids are proud.

Back
Top Bottom