Right or Wrong .............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Right or Wrong ..............

dolphindan1970

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I read on here somewhere earlier today that some of the Miami Players were upset at McKinney because he said what he did about Ricky and this situation, and alot of it was because he was a young player. I was just wonderring what you all thought about Seths thoughts , and if you thought the Dolphin players that were mad at Seth for speaking out,should be mad at him or not. I myself think what Seth said was right on, so what he is only a second year player, he has the gahunas to stand up and speak his mind, maybe some of the other guys need to do the same and get this team moving ! Its people like that we need and have been missing to take the next step in my opinion ! Good job Seth, everybody else baby Ricky and hope he comes Back, you tell it how it is and make sure if he comes back, its on Our (Dolphins) terms and smack him upside the head once or twice to if you have to ! So, was he Right in what he said, or Wrong ..............

I don't agree with Seth, but his opinion is just a valid as the rest of ours.

Its wrong because it just goes to confirm the dissaray that some have been reporting.Maybe he was expressing what many of his teammates are thinking but what gives him status to become a team spokesman.It is a team game and they must close ranks when diffilculty arises.He is just adding to the controversy.

I say "Bravo Seth". It's okay for Ricky to quit on his team, but not for Seth to speak his mind?

i agree... i think Seth was right for saying how he felt!! He felt betrayed and he was right for saying so! It scares me with this whole disray of the offense and im sure this doesnt help... but someone needed to say something and apparently no one else was.

CrunchTime said:
Maybe he was expressing what many of his teammates are thinking but what gives him status to become a team spokesman.

I don't think McKinney was trying to step over anyone to become a "team spokesman", I think he was just expressing his feelings and letting his emotions go.

Personally, I think it is refreshing to know that at least someone cares.

I wish Seth was a captain on this team.

Ricky's allowed to do whatever he wants but, Seth isn't allowed to say whatever he wants??

:sosad:

inFINSible said:
I wish Seth was a captain on this team.

Ricky's allowed to do whatever he wants but, Seth isn't allowed to say whatever he wants??

:sosad:

BINGO! you win a prize!

Seriously, Seth Mckinney is the starting center now. The problem i have with some of these teamates (who are anonymous, did you realize that?), is that there is a good chance that these "teamates" are probably making a lot of dough and feel like they are something "special" becuase of who they are. To hide and say something, that we dont really know that reporters actually are being truthful here and just throwing out some crap, is not being a leader IMO. It is hiding from the truth. Which is exactly the reason ricky said he was leaving....to find the truth.

You want the truth Ricky?!

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

McKinney responded to this very question:

Some teammates didn't care for McKinney's candor in calling out Williams, wondering what four starts had done to earn spokesman status. Williams didn't care for it either.

But McKinney explained that this wasn't about talent. "It's about quitting, and unfortunately that's what he did. He quit on us. We were teammates -- now I just hope we can remain friends. I am not mad at him -- never was. I am mad at what he did."

http://www.finheaven.com/newsviewer/index.php?showdoc=1315

Why? Ricky did what he wants and he's blasted for it, Seth does what he wants and he praised? Come one, it was neither mature or professional. You keep that in house. This just further shows the disarray the fins are in, especially coming from a 4 game player. Fine, you have an opinion about someone, but why blast and defame them in the papers? That's childish.

bigmiamifan said:
Why? Ricky did what he wants and he's blasted for it, Seth does what he wants and he praised? Come one, it was neither mature or professional. You keep that in house. This just further shows the disarray the fins are in, especially coming from a 4 game player. Fine, you have an opinion about someone, but why blast and defame them in the papers? That's childish.
A) Becuase what Seth wanted was to say some words...not quit on a team a week b4 TC!
B)A reporter asked him, what was he supposed to do, lie? Ive always liked the athletes tht arent afraid to speak my mind.
C)Who cares if hes a 4 game player. The fact of the matter is, Zach Thomas is no diffrent then Derrick Pope(assuming he gets signed). No matter how much Zach makes, or how good he is, there both still on the same team. Every man on tht team was left out to dry, not just the famous ones.
D)Even if it was a little childish, it nowhere compares to Rickys form of childishness which is quitting on a team at just about the worst time he could do it.
E)Its not like it doesnt happen all the time. People bash eachother thru media all the time. Im not saying its right, but it isnt like this was something tht never happened, and was gonna make a bunch of people angry.

FinFan24 said:
A) Becuase what Seth wanted was to say some words...not quit on a team a week b4 TC!
B)A reporter asked him, what was he supposed to do, lie? Ive always liked the athletes tht arent afraid to speak my mind.
C)Who cares if hes a 4 game player. The fact of the matter is, Zach Thomas is no diffrent then Derrick Pope(assuming he gets signed). No matter how much Zach makes, or how good he is, there both still on the same team. Every man on tht team was left out to dry, not just the famous ones.
D)Even if it was a little childish, it nowhere compares to Rickys form of childishness which is quitting on a team at just about the worst time he could do it.
E)Its not like it doesnt happen all the time. People bash eachother thru media all the time. Im not saying its right, but it isnt like this was something tht never happened, and was gonna make a bunch of people angry.

Thanks man...you said what I didin't feel like typing....

I was just going to put this.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: .....but that would have been childish.

Earlier this month I heard that all of our problems this offseason have happened due to lack of leadership. Leaders are vocal, leaders step up. Welcome aboard Seth!

I totally support Seth. Truth is truth whether its a 12 year vet making these statements or a rookie. In fact, i think Miami needs someone to be blunt about these issues and get fired up! Too many years of excuses and fear of criticism when a player doesn't perform or things go bad. I love the passion and think its great coming from an o-lineman. Its about time.

Back
Top Bottom