Right or Wrong .............. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Right or Wrong ..............

SmokeyPhinz said:
Earlier this month I heard that all of our problems this offseason have happened due to lack of leadership. Leaders are vocal, leaders step up. Welcome aboard Seth!

And here is the other thing.........that maybe Timbo or Chester will take it to Seth in practice and get in a fight and all and make Seth even tougher. Good for character. Anyways, Seth has time on his side cus he is not quitting or smoking pot or going to Asia or going to martha's vinyard or on tour with lenny kravitz. He is in camp hitting people and earning his much smaller paycheck.

I really don't understand all these people talking about Seth being a "4 game player". Like he is any less a part of this team than someone else.

Isn't he our starting center? Isn't this his 3rd season with the Phins? Hasn't he busted his *** through 3 years of off-season workouts and minicamps for this team? Isn't that just as many as Ricky? Maybe more.

Its one thing to speak your mind it's another to do it publicly. It is always best to keep things in the locker room. All talking to the media ever does is cause conterversy that hurts a team. You have a players meeting and let everyone say whats on there minds, then you move on with what is really important. That is opening day.

Seth had every right to say what he did. He got that right by being on the team. The other thing you get by being on a team is responsibility to your teammates. RW doesn't get that and niether does anybody else who thinks RW is just doing what he wants and it doesn't matter how it affects others.

IMO a team is stronger than any individual, no matter how good he is. That's why NE beat us twice last year despite what I believe is our superior talent. The more I think about it, the more I believe that we may have downgraded in talent, but upgraded in team and be the better for it.

CrunchTime said:
Its wrong because it just goes to confirm the dissaray that some have been reporting.Maybe he was expressing what many of his teammates are thinking but what gives him status to become a team spokesman.It is a team game and they must close ranks when diffilculty arises.He is just adding to the controversy.
You have to be kidding. What Seth did was perfect. Seth didn't come out and bash Ricky's game, or bash any teammates or coaches. Seth stood up like a man and called out his boy for quitting. Thats what Ricky did, he quit. Think crap about "what gives him the right to be a spokesman" is garbage. He has the right to be a spokesman for himself, and thats what he was. He has a hell of a lot more right to talk than any of us do. I understand "rank" if someone stands up and starts talking about other guys performance, or if someone is talking money and contracts, but this isn't such a case. Our Dolphins need more guys like Seth. I wouldn't mind if the undrafted invited rookies stood up and called him a quitter. All this because no matter how you look at it, Ricky quit and Seth called him out. If Ricky didn't brake a tackle a few times and Seth called him out for that, then you can all start talking about "rank" and "spokesman", because that would be flat out wrong because Seth doesn't have enough on field acheivements to warrant talking trash about a superstar player. This subject isn't bound by performance, its bound by morality and respect. Seth has a ton, Ricky has none. Who said the guys on the sidelines didn't want to win just as bad as the rest of'em.

Bottom line Seth is right about his opinion. His attitude is what rallies a team to be more agressive. What kills me is our core player's take on the situation. It sadly shows me the lack of heart that shows when the D needs to step up. The best example is the game against the eagles which we needed to win. The O put up a lot of points but, the D let up something like 30 points

beam said:
Its one thing to speak your mind it's another to do it publicly. It is always best to keep things in the locker room. All talking to the media ever does is cause conterversy that hurts a team. "

Wrong again. Someone needed to come out and speak publicly on this because we need to know that our boyz are pissed. We need to hear that they aren't just gonna sulk and whine. We need to know that guys are mad and Ricky needs to read that his former team mates who bled for him are pissed and upset. Ricky needs to hear them talking to reporters and saying that there is no place in their hearts for quitters. If Ricky told us 3 months ago that he was done, it would be retiring. Telling us like this is quitting.
I wish the whole team would man up and have a lpress conference and all tell us the truth........................................... "Ricky sold us out"

SmokeyPhinz said:
Earlier this month I heard that all of our problems this offseason have happened due to lack of leadership. Leaders are vocal, leaders step up. Welcome aboard Seth!
I agree completely, it is Exactly the point I was trying to make when I started this thread, and wanted to hear everyones thoughts. I just think for so long, most of the Dolphin players have been meek and quiet ! Leaders do step up and speak their mind and whether the other Dolphins like it or not, Seth is a leader. Its their fault if they want to sit back and say nothing, because they make to much money and dont want to ruffle any feathers, and be Politicall correct ! Im tired of Politicall correct , I love Seths candor and I wish more athletes, especially Dolphins would do the same. And 1 more thing, about this staying "In House" that someone else had mentioned.. Ricky took this out in public first, by what he did on such short notice and leaving the Dolphins hanging.Its like any job, if you were going to build a new house and a night or two before your main carpenter quit and their was no one to replace him that was very good at all, how would you feel ? I know how I would feel, and I would let him know it to !!!!!!!!!!! :fire:

the entire line is new, save for one. the center makes line calls and adjusts blocking assignments as necessary according to the defensive alignment. the fact Seth spoke up says he is capable and ready for the leadership role. if for no other reason, i think this him speaking up is a good thing.

So I guess all of you Ricky bashers never quit!!!!
Job, Team, Relationship, Religon or FOOTBALL!!!

Ricky quit......who cares....if he is happier now then good for him and his family!!!

How many players redo contracts to make room for other players for years.....and then they get cut the next season.....

THERE IS NO LOYALITY WITHIN PRO SPORTS!!!!!

RICKY is not better or worse than a TEAM that cuts a player under contract that gave it all everyday. But now cost more money.....funny thing is they both signed a contract!!!!

Ricky is still okay in my book.....just like the Phins are when they SLAMMED the door shut on MARINO's career!!!

If they are mad at Seth, are they mad at chester for saying the same thing?

I'm trading in my #34 jersey for a #68 - that's how I feel.

What is the difference in cutting a player in late June-July......that can still play...can he find another starting job....can he get paid the FAIR amount....CHANCES ARE HELL NO!!!!

It is the nature of the beast.....The Phins and Ricky just need to move on!!!

Back
Top Bottom