RIP Barbaro | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RIP Barbaro

Well you met the horse which is different. As for everyone else they never knew who he was until after he broke his hoof.
No, not really. I for one enjoy horse racing, especially the Kentucky Derby. I followed Barbaro in his racing career. Before the Kentucky, he was 6-0 undefeated. 4 weeks before the Kentucky Derby, I was thinking either Brother Derrick, Bluegrass Cat, or Barbaro would win the Kentucky. A few days later, I had Barbaro to win it and he did, made quite alot of money too, but the way Barbaro won it, after being behind 3/4's of the the field was incredible.

Barbaro had a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gear in him. Think about it this way, Prado didn't even use the whip in the entire race. Barbaro was extremely smart and he knew when it was time to turn it on, and he had amazing speed plus the stamina to do it. Had he stayed healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if he became the best horse to ever race in history.

It's a sad day for us horse racing fans. This horse really had me jumping up and down during the race. Rest in peace Barbaro. :boohoo:

One last look at his best, the video of the Kentucky Derby 2006:
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2006/derby_videos/index.html?videonumber=195&videotype=racing

Cows and Chickens get slaughtered at the expense of human hunger. Now you can say we all need to eat, but the animals in the wild are given a fighting chance. The ones we ear are born to die.

So unless your a vegetarian I dont see how you can say that.

Animals die or we starve vs Animals die b/c rich old people want to make money.

How is it the same?

Its a freaking HORSE. I dont know why so many care. This shouldnt even be news. 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of people who are feeling bad never met the horse, never touched, never talked, never seen the horse race, never knew of the horse even after he won the derby. The only people that should be sad were people who actually made money on the horse because they wont make anymore.

Ok, well then you can go on not giving a damn while the ones who do, will. It's as simple as that

it a shame that people give their sympathy for a horse they had no connection to while there are young kids in Iraq getting killed daily. I wonder how many sympathy cards their family received. As for you Vertical limit like I stated before their few who even knew the horse and the only one that should feel anything are people who follow and bet on horses which is very small minority. Which includes you and Section who has actually seen the horse in person and is a gambling person so he likes horse racing.

it a shame that people give their sympathy for a horse they had no connection to while there are young kids in Iraq getting killed daily. I wonder how many sympathy cards their family received. As for you Vertical limit like I stated before their few who even knew the horse and the only one that should feel anything are people who follow and bet on horses which is very small minority. Which includes you and Section who has actually seen the horse in person and is a gambling person so he likes horse racing.
You have a real hatred for this horse...its ok..let it out...I'm here for ya buddy. Now he's Alpo...hes in a better place:sidelol:

No hatred toward the horse but cmon its a freakin Horse.
Just look at this and its ridiculous.
Babaro

I just want to put my name in the hat, I knew who Barbaro was..

I dont think anyone has to care about him, I just think there is a time and a place for everything...Its a little disrespectful to come in, a few hours after he died, to a thread where people are mourning his passing and make tasteless jokes. Also to people like you who dont care, why would you even read the thread, and then feel compelled to tell people that they shouldnt care?

Not to start a flaming war here but I knew who Barbaro was before, during, and after the Derby...I actually thought it would be Brother Derek who won the Derby (as did many others) because he was the hot hand and had all the hype. I follow some racing events outside the Triple Crown events but I love watching the Triple Crown events because I want to see a horse win all three (I'm no gambler or anything, just fun to me). For those of you who don't care, don't make distasteful comments and then come back and call us distasteful for caring...

I just want to put my name in the hat, I knew who Barbaro was..

I dont think anyone has to care about him, I just think there is a time and a place for everything...Its a little disrespectful to come in, a few hours after he died, to a thread where people are mourning his passing and make tasteless jokes. Also to people like you who dont care, why would you even read the thread, and then feel compelled to tell people that they shouldnt care?
Dude seriously....it was a HORSE.

Not to start a flaming war here but I knew who Barbaro was before, during, and after the Derby...I actually thought it would be Brother Derek who won the Derby (as did many others) because he was the hot hand and had all the hype. I follow some racing events outside the Triple Crown events but I love watching the Triple Crown events because I want to see a horse win all three (I'm no gambler or anything, just fun to me). For those of you who don't care, don't make distasteful comments and then come back and call us distasteful for caring...
wow, deja va....cmon, it was a HORSE. Do you cry everytime you eat a hamburger, or a hotdog, or you hit a squirrel? If so...they have doctors for that.

wow, deja va....cmon, it was a HORSE. Do you cry everytime you eat a hamburger, or a hotdog, or you hit a squirrel? If so...they have doctors for that.

Again this is totally different. I personally WOULD cry if they showed me the pic of the cow who I just had a burger from. If they showed me the cow's face, and then showed me the knife cutting the cow open. To me that would be sad. That isn't how it works though. We get the finished product. And we buy these things to survive on.

Barbara was a horse. Sure, if he was bred to race, then he's a racehorse. But did he have any say in it? Course not, he's an animal. He was made to race w.o any horse consent (ridiculous to say of course).

Now he's dead. Nothing anyone can do about it. He died b/c of greed

No hatred toward the horse but cmon its a freakin Horse.
Just look at this and its ridiculous.
Babaro

I agree it has gone a bit far. It was sad that this animal had to suffer so much pain and I can understand as an animal lover or a lover of the "sport" to be sad, but it got out of control imo. I'm still shocked that the family got over 1 mill in donations for the medical equipment that was keeping him alive. For some reason I think the family that owns race horse isnt exactly strapped for cash.

Back
Top Bottom