Rishard Mathews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Mathews

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
How come the role of Rishard Mathews has been diminished? He caught 1 pass for 5 yards vs. Pittsburgh and a total of 6 passes in the last 3 games. I thought he was coming on, what gives?

The OL stepping it up leading to a better running game, better chemistry between Tannehill and Wallace, Clay emerging as a playmaker... There are tons of reasons & none of them Rishard's fault. We are set at QB and WR next year and it feels good to say that.

I was thinking about this especially considering his breakout game against...Cincinnati. But, lately it seems that he and R.Tannehill haven't been on the same page! Unfortunately, as a result R.Tannehill has been going elsewhere notably to Clay and the always ever Hartline.

I would like to see the connection with R.Matthews peak again. The more diversity in our offense the harder it is to stop.

He is down the list on the progressions and Tanny is developing so well that I think he is identifying the mismatch at the line better than before.

We play a PROGRESSION offense. That means when one receiver goes big, the others usually do not. Last week Hartline looked HUGE, the week before Wallace, the week before that Mathews. It all depends on what the defense gives us.

We play a PROGRESSION offense. That means when one receiver goes big, the others usually do not. Last week Hartline looked HUGE, the week before Wallace, the week before that Mathews. It all depends on what the defense gives us.

Bingo we have a winner! - We exploit where we can

I don't want to sound like an ass saying this but he's just Rishard Matthews. kids a #4 receiver, if he gets a good matchup and get's comfortable he's liable to do some work. I wouldn't expect to see him start stringing big games together. Against this Pats defense I wouldn't be surprised if bellichek makes us go to him though...

Aqib Talib will be on Hartline and Wallace. just sayin.

And I predicted Matthews would have a 100 yd game in bold prediction thread. just sayin.

Matthews has shown the capability of making plays when the coverage allows him to get open. In this offense, though, you can be darn sure that we are going to focus on Wallace, Clay, and Hartline first. If they have a gameplan that leaves the middle open for Matthews to exploit, you can bet he will make something happen.

There's a first to Mathews. Pass interference on the next opportunity, of course, not called. His jersey was grabbed! If we do that 6 flags hit the ground. F this team. I hope we kill them.

He's perfect for a #3 or #4 WR right now. I'm not sure he could get loose against starting CBs at his current experience level, but when he's the 3rd or 4th option, he gets open enough and makes the catch. Fulfilling his role perfectly right now.

Because $90 mil is invested in Wallace and Hartline. It takes bawls to even five him the time Philbin is giving him. Dude is a beast tho.

Back
Top Bottom