Robinson and Paul, now what? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robinson and Paul, now what?

There is definitely talent still available. We should be able to hit on a IOL Mohegan, Bortolini) a RB (Allen, Guerendo) and Safety (Taylor)

As usual, I'm as much looking at who doesn't get drafted at all as who we draft.

While the scouting department's record with early picks has been spotty, the Dolphins have done a great job finding priority UDFAs who can get on the field and signing them.

As usual, I'm as much looking at who doesn't get drafted at all as who we draft.

While the scouting department's record with early picks has been spotty, the Dolphins have done a great job finding priority UDFAs who can get on the field and signing them.
I think a lot of their team visits are dedicated to UDFA types.
They rarely draft any of the bigger names that come to Miami for a visit... but those bottom end guys? We sign a few of those.

We took an OT and an Edge, the two high profile, high expense positions where we had an obvious long-term need. ...and let's be honest, NO ONE should be surprised at the two positions that we took.

So... we have 4 draft picks left, as well as plenty of extra ammo from next year if we so choose... now what?

Keeping my analysis to player positions rather than specific players who might fall, I see us looking for:

1. A safety (maybe two). With only 3 safeties on the roster and a real chance that ALL three are gone next year, this is an obvious need.

2. An X WR. Enough of the small-ball, we need a tall bully-ball X receiver. Someone Tua can target when the smurfs are covered.

3. A RB that excels at pass pro and receiving.

These are my priorities. Yes, a DT or a TE would be ok, but at this point, we have a lot of vets in place at these positions, and just like with Elijah Higgins last year, a draftee here might not stick.
Likewise... with an interior offensive lineman. We have a lot of maybes in camp and asking a late draft pick Guard to stick... might be a lot to ask.
now we need to look at free agency after the draft and bring in a guard.......also, they might still get OBJ cause we can use another WR

As for the draft, I agree a safety and a RB are very possible

I think there are a bunch of intriguing TE prospects still available. I really liked Tip Reiman, but it’s wild the Cardinals took him 82nd. I was able to draft him in the 6th round every mock I did for months. I’d like to add: Cade Stover, Jared Wiley, Theo Johnson, A.J. Barner or Erick All.

Beyond that, there are still a few pure centers available I would look at. Van Pran-Granger, Bortolini, Nourzad, Limmer and Lee should be on the radar.

I think there is a bunch of DB prospects that should still be around early as well.

There are only 2-3 WRs left that I really like and I imagine they will all go early as well. Franklin, and Walker stand out as different than the guys we already have on the roster.

Here's hoping for a diamond in the rough, but whoever we take, I want a guy who has some dog in him. He'll either force the coaches to notice him and play him, like Zach, or he'll be on teams.

I don't think they're there in the fifth, but:

Sedrick Van Pran
Christian Mahogany

Late rounds/UDFA

Blake Watson, RB, Memphis
David White, Jr., WR, Western Carolina
Matt Lee, C, The U

If we had picks players I love left TJ Tampa Malik Mustafa Mason McCormick Brendan Rice DTD

Javon Baker WR. (No chance)
Sataoa Laumea OG
James Williams S/LB
Bub Means WR
Dominique Hampton S

Back
Top Bottom