Rodgers to Jets done deal according to Omar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers to Jets done deal according to Omar

Hate to say it, but the Jets are making some good moves.

Rodgers had payed his dues.
He had been a dline coach through several staffs and years.

This isn't the case of a guy just getting promoted and bolting.
Had the Dolphins blocked they would have looked really bad and assistants would have thought twice.

You wish him luck and let him know he always has a home in Miami.

You don't block this. Instead promote Rodgers and demote Coyle to Dline coach lol.

They could have blocked him from leaving. A lot of teams have been blocking coaches from leaving this offseason.

They could have blocked him, but I think of that as an asshole move....he's worked hard for this promotion and while I hate to see him leave, I am glad the phins allowed a coach to pursue an opportunity.

I am not blown away about Bowles's staff at this point.

They could have blocked him, but I think of that as an asshole move....he's worked hard for this promotion and while I hate to see him leave, I am glad the phins allowed a coach to pursue an opportunity.

Actually I disagree with you. If an assistant coach is under contract with a current team, it's that team's right to be able to keep him unless it's for a head coaching job. Its not an asshole move, that's just the way it is. The Bengals blocked their secondary coach from interviewing for the DC job with the Broncos. You see it happen all the time. Its called honoring a contract. But leave it to the Dolphins to let a coach go that they could have blocked from leaving, espically to a division rival.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is ever a time to block a move by a coach, it is when he wants to move to a division rival. A$$hole move or not, not denying the move was just another stupid decision by our team/HC.

New York Jets ‏@nyjets 6m6 minutes ago
We have named Kacy Rodgers our defensive coordinator and Bobby April our ST coordinator- http://bit.ly/1ECkpOx

Should hopefully hear some news about possible replacement soon one would think since this was anticipated for a while now.

Lost a very talented positional coach, who should have been considered an up and coming coach. Awful job by the Dolphins letting him get away

f51b0a2c4e23c85ca10a9ccac7dd8ea56d682460-1.jpg

Haahaa....I thought Discount Doublecheck Aaron Rodgers was heading to the Jets.....keep dreaming NYJunc.

Back
Top Bottom