"Ronnie Brown has no vision...." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Ronnie Brown has no vision...."

Breed

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are some fans that actually believe this; they cite that Cadillac Williams was the starter at Auburn and thus.......he's the better back. They always cite Cadillac's vision..........and his big game capabilities. Brown and Williams are both running behind poor lines; but Cadilac has atleast had a significant portion of his carries with a lead blocker. How many times have we even used Darian Barnes? How many times have we run out of shotgun? I'm not against running out of shotgun; it can suprise a defense every now and then........but I am against running out of the shotgun more than running out of the I formation without a good OL (even with a good OL).

Here are their season stats to date...

Cadillac Williams: 312 rushing yards/81 carries (3.85 ypc), 1 rushing TDs, 13 receptions for 65 yards, 0 receiving TD. 1 total touchdown

Ronnie Brown: 405 rushing yards/107 carries (3.79 ypc), 4 rushing TDs, 20receptions for 153 yards, 0 receiving TD. 4 total touchdowns

Career stats to date:

Cadillac Williams: 1,490 rushing yards/371 carries (4.02 ypc), 7 rushing TDs, 33 receptions for 146 yards. 7 total touchdowns

Ronnie Brown: 1,312 rushing yards/314 carries (4.18 ypc), 8 rushing TDs, 52 receptions for 385 yards, 1 receiving TD. 9 total touchdowns.

But Cadillac is better?

People like to make a big deal of his lack of 100 yard games and his lack of big games.......his lack of consistancy.......etc.

Even Laurence Maroney has had 2 very bad games games so far. How do these lines look? 12 carries for 18 yards against Denver and 18 carries for 38 yards against us. Even good runners have bad games; and if you get hit as soon as you get the ball........it's hard to get yards. You also have to get the carries to get the yards.

Here are some other pretty good running backs:

Larry Johnson: 357 rushing yards/105 carries (3.4 ypc)
Edgirrin James: 343 rushing yards/112 carries (3.06 ypc)
Willis McGahee: 505 rushing yards/130 carries (3.88 ypc)
Rudi Johnson: 405 rushing yards/104 carries (3.89 ypc)
Ahman Green: 215 rushing yards/58 carries (3.71 ypc)
Reggie Bush: 195 rushing yards/65 carries (3 ypc)
LaDainian Tomlinson: 407 rushing yards/110 carries (3.7 ypc)
Shaun Alexander: 187 rushing yards/65 carries (2.88 ypc)
Steven Jackson: 521 rushing yards/133 carries (3.92 ypc)

yes i will admit i am a huge ronnie brown fan but hes got to improve finding daylight.what i mean is on certain plays i have noticed he couldve cut back to the opposite side of where the play was actually ran at and gotten more yards but believe me hes a great back.i really disliked that article that i saw.he hasnt had much blocking this year but today he did and loook at how he did

dorsaroll156 said:
yes i will admit i am a huge ronnie brown fan but hes got to improve finding daylight.what i mean is on certain plays i have noticed he couldve cut back to the opposite side of where the play was actually ran at and gotten more yards but believe me hes a great back.i really disliked that article that i saw.he hasnt had much blocking this year but today he did and loook at how he did

I wouldnt call him a great RB yet but hes certainly a good one getting better. His vision will only improve with time.

LoXiN said:
I wouldnt call him a great RB yet but hes certainly a good one getting better. His vision will only improve with time.

hes got the talent but i dont know whats wrong with our offense

Today was the first game all season I've seen Darian Barnes in there for significant playing time as a lead blocker, and it showed. With a blocker in front, Ronnie can get some massive yardage, consistently.

This failure is yet another one that can be laid at the feet of Mike Mularkey

This was the best he ran this year. I thought he hit the holes harder and quicker. I guess it didn't help he was up against one of the worst run defenses, but will take it.

dorsaroll156 said:
hes got the talent but i dont know whats wrong with our offense

The Talent is there no doubt about it.

dorsaroll156 said:

Every RB is going to miss a lane every now an then; it's also a lot harder to find a lane when you've got defenders in your face. With that said; Ronnie Brown does have a lot of room to improve.

Ronnie Brown is better at this stage of his career than Ricky Williams was.....RW didn't learn to bounce it outside until 2001 and started doing it more on a consistant basis in 2002.

They had huge success running to the right side behind Carey and Shelton and if they continue to do that Ronnie will have success running the ball.

Caddy and Ronnie both got off to slow starts, but are starting to turn the corner. It takes RBs a while sometimes to get back into the flow of the game after an entire offseason of no football. It happens.

Brown42000 said:
They had huge success running to the right side behind Carey and Shelton and if they continue to do that Ronnie will have success running the ball.
Yeah, who woulda thought just swapping positions with McIntosh and Shelton could make such a huge difference in the running game?

Back
Top Bottom