"Ronnie Brown has no vision...." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Ronnie Brown has no vision...."

Statistically things do seem great compared to the rest of the league. I just believe that he's a great back but the OC is holding him back, today was the first time in a while that i've seem him exceed 25 carries, which i believe he needs to have an impact on the games..

I notice a lot of RB's take just a split second to pause and look at their options, then when they find something, that's when they take off. Ronnie does not do that, all he knows is the playbook and where he's supposed to be, he gets the ball and he's going right where the play takes him, no pausing, just straight there. Sometimes it takes just a split second to open up. If he could hold off a little longer he would have many more big runs.

Tailgun said:
Today was the first game all season I've seen Darian Barnes in there for significant playing time as a lead blocker, and it showed. With a blocker in front, Ronnie can get some massive yardage, consistently.

This failure is yet another one that can be laid at the feet of Mike Mularkey

Exactly.....

Give the ball to Brown.....but give him a lead blocker. Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson didn't get all those rushing yards with just a good OL......they also had a lead blocker.

Ronnie could have run for 200 yards today but we had to abandon the run when we got behind 13-3. I'm not a big Ricky Williams because of his drug issues but damn, we missed him today!!! Sammie Morris was baaaadd today! :o

if ronnie can get blocking like that ever week thats when we start winning

dorsaroll156 said:
Agreed, we need to keep running the ball, Ronnie can carry the load. We need to get a fast start, we keep playing catch up every game....it's getting real old fast. I don't think we had the lead more than 10 minutes this year it seems like.

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Agreed, we need to keep running the ball, Ronnie can carry the load. We need to get a fast start, we keep playing catch up every game....it's getting real old fast. I don't think we had the lead more than 10 minutes this year it seems like.

one thing that i noticed that we havent been doing tha was working in the begining of the season was throwing him the ball alot.when he gets a pass everytime it seems like theres always a significant amount og space for him to run.he should get more tosses his way

Cadillac was just lucky to have a stupid nickname that the media liked so they could ride his nuts.

outtawack311 said:
Those YPC for the running backs this year seem pretty low. Not one of the (top) rb's is averaging 4 yards?

Agreed, the RB #'s this year are very average across the board for some reason.

dorsaroll156 said:

The McIntosh/Shelton switch has really upgraded the line; between that and the line still 'jelling', I think we should start winning later on in the season (kind of like last year). The OL was very good in pass protection and run blocking; the playcalling was also better. People often forget, this wasn't Mularkey's offense.....it's Linehan's. Mularkey is also learning the offense. I think things will eventually get ironed out; IMO we'll end up a 6-8 win team.

I haven't been a fan of Mularkey, but it won't do us any good firing him and starting from scratch again. If we do end up going 4-2 (for example) finishing the year; we atleast have something to build on. The biggest problem this year is, we had no continuity. Too much switching around on the OL, new OC etc.. Continuity is the key........

Why does this topic only have 1 star? All I did in my original post was post fact.

Brown42000 said:
They had huge success running to the right side behind Carey and Shelton and if they continue to do that Ronnie will have success running the ball.

Just place in perspective who we played today...one of the worst 3 or 4
defenses against the run (to tired to look up the actual number but NY
is very bad.):shakeno:

I hope like you that we can improve but we should all learn from this year that "ONE PERSON" WILL NOT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE.

We need to see 3 or 4 draft classes and hit on just about every draft pick
then and only then will we start playing like a team with a mission.

Can Saban have 3 or 4 outstanding drafts? I would like to say YES but
only time will tell.

miamiron said:
Just place in perspective who we played today...one of the worst 3 or 4
defenses against the run (to tired to look up the actual number but NY
is very bad.):shakeno:

I hope like you that we can improve but we should all learn from this year that "ONE PERSON" WILL NOT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE.

We need to see 3 or 4 draft classes and hit on just about every draft pick
then and only then will we start playing like a team with a mission.

Can Saban have 3 or 4 outstanding drafts? I would like to say YES but
only time will tell.

I honestly don't think we're that far off being a good team again. We're obviously not making it this year, but all we need is a little more talent at key positions, the rest will come together due to continuity. Despite our obvious weaknesses on defense, we still have a top 10-12 defense.

If Goodman (our nickleback) stays in; we don't give up that 58 yard TD to Coles. We only had our 4th/5th corner on their best WR. Losing Daniels and Poole were pretty big blows; if we can get just Daniels back and aquire a SS we'll have a much improved defense........and that's assuming we keep the same LB core.

I think we can be a playoff team next year with this same team, assuming our OL play is average or better (which it was in 2005 with McIntosh as the LT).

With that said; we're 2 or 3 really good drafts away from being a legit SB contender.......IMO

You keep saying "continuation", but I think you mean continuity. Just a friendly FYI.

And, yes, we need more of it on the offensive line. But injuries haven't helped. I was really impressed with Joe Toledo before he went down and now we hear Jeno James has been playing on a bad ankle since Week 2.

Tailgun said:
You keep saying "continuation", but I think you mean continuity. Just a friendly FYI.

And, yes, we need more of it on the offensive line. But injuries haven't helped. I was really impressed with Joe Toledo before he went down and now we hear Jeno James has been playing on a bad ankle since Week 2.

A few too many shots of vodka...........

a little harder to type with everything moving so much.

Back
Top Bottom