Ronnie Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown

Merman

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
How do you get any amortized bonus yet??? The $12.24 million option bonus was not to extend his contract but to reduce guaranteed salaries for 2006 to 2009.

BTW the reduced salaries shown at th NFLPA were shown since he signed his contract last year.

Merman said:
How do you get any amortized bonus yet??? The $12.24 million option bonus was not to extend his contract but to reduce guaranteed salaries for 2006 to 2009.

BTW the reduced salaries shown at th NFLPA were shown since he signed his contract last year.

That's why I amortized it now, the salaries are already reduced. Thus the assumption that Miami will pay it and amortize it.

:wink:

Clumpy said:
That's why I amortized it now, the salaries are already reduced. Thus the assumption that Miami will pay it and amortize it.

:wink:

That doesn't make any sense.

William Delahoussaye surprised me. Seems the paperwork was never handled correctly last year. He and Moa are still listed at the NFLPA site as being under contract.

Merman said:
BTW the Official Dolphins site finally has 75 players. Yesterday Ben Moa and William Delahoussaye disappeared from the roster list. I am curious to see if they announce the cuts or just let it slide???

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=93787&page=3

They never did announce the cuts.

What? Maybe I'm missing your point.....are you saying that his cap number should include the entire $12.24 million option??

The salaries are reduced IF Miami pays the option bonus.....according to the info I got from our source, Ronnie Brown's cap hit had his cap number as if the option was amortized....but I had already amortized when I saw the salaries reduced on NFLPA

Hmmm.....I always use Ourlads and/or Dolphins website for up-to-date roster info....I guess things will sort out soon

Clumpy said:
What? Maybe I'm missing your point.....are you saying that his cap number should include the entire $12.24 million option??

The salaries are reduced IF Miami pays the option bonus.....according to the info I got from our source, Ronnie Brown's cap hit had his cap number as if the option was amortized....but I had already amortized when I saw the salaries reduced on NFLPA

No, IMO the option bonus should not be included until paid. The salaries should not be reduced until the bonus is paid. Theoretically Brown could still be traded with no accelerated bonus. The new team would just have to take on the guaranteed salaries.

Again theoretically the bonus does not have to be paid and the salaries would remain the same.

If the option bonus is a roster bonus then I am wrong but no one has stated that last year or this year yet. If it is a roster bonus then it is included in total until Brown agrees to receive it as a signing bonus because it is not a guaranteed roster bonus if it is an option bonus.

IIRC we went through the same thing with Zach Thomas' second year option bonus until the media finally identified it as a roster bonus.

All that has been said is: if a $12.24 million option bonus is paid future salaries are reduced. Sounds like a buy back of salary rather than years and the salary reductions are about the same as the bonus.

Matt Ross also has an option bonus but his salaries increase if not paid.

Clumpy said:
Hmmm.....I always use Ourlads and/or Dolphins website for up-to-date roster info....I guess things will sort out soon

The Dolphins website hasn't listed them since the 75 player cut down of last year.

Back
Top Bottom