Ronnie Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown

fins513

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on him I think he should be our pick Mel has him as the #2 player in the draft.

He is definatly moving up draft boards, but I don't know about number 2 overall(then again last year alot of players had bigger jumps ex: Rivers,Vilma,Babin,Evans,Robinson).

what our team needs is a powerback, which Ronnie can be(he lined up alot at FB for christs sakes), we need a guy who is fast and can get the corner(which he is), we need a guy that can break tackles and make you miss(check), and we need a guy who can block(pretty good).

The thing I really like about Brown though is he can catch the ball(something even Ricky couldn't do well), this year our RBs either drop an easy pass or get tackled right away, Brown will atleast get some yards.

Of course this draft is so deep at RB you could draft someone in a later round, and alot of people won't complain(so many great RB's that could declare it's not even funny) Of course last year I thought it was impossible not to get a great WR, and we blew that.

I'm all for trading down and picking up Ronnie Brown or Cedric Benson. But if we pick him up with the #2 or #3.........:barf:

ChambersWI said:
He is definatly moving up draft boards, but I don't know about number 2 overall(then again last year alot of players had bigger jumps ex: Rivers,Vilma,Babin,Evans,Robinson).

what our team needs is a powerback, which Ronnie can be(he lined up alot at FB for christs sakes), we need a guy who is fast and can get the corner(which he is), we need a guy that can break tackles and make you miss(check), and we need a guy who can block(pretty good).

The thing I really like about Brown though is he can catch the ball(something even Ricky couldn't do well), this year our RBs either drop an easy pass or get tackled right away, Brown will atleast get some yards.

Of course this draft is so deep at RB you could draft someone in a later round, and alot of people won't complain(so many great RB's that could declare it's not even funny) Of course last year I thought it was impossible not to get a great WR, and we blew that.

Ricky, for all his faults off the field, had great hands. Brown is a great back, has many fewer carries than any of the other backs, but isn't worth the #2 spot. Remember, as much as I like Mel, list Top 25 only lists Seniors.

TA McClendon of NC State declared earlier this afternoon. I suspect the explosive DeAngelo Williams will do the same. Williams especially is a back that we should be looking at if we can shift down in 1.

i would rather keep gordon than take ronnie brown. whats the difference between the 2?

If Saban comes, Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams would be a LOCK for our #2 selection. He knows what they can do.

The Dolphins need some more SEC players.

Boomer said:
Ricky, for all his faults off the field, had great hands. Brown is a great back, has many fewer carries than any of the other backs, but isn't worth the #2 spot. Remember, as much as I like Mel, list Top 25 only lists Seniors.

TA McClendon of NC State declared earlier this afternoon. I suspect the explosive DeAngelo Williams will do the same. Williams especially is a back that we should be looking at if we can shift down in 1.

You are on drugs Ricky had adequate hands at best.

Uggykurky said:
You are on drugs Ricky had adequate hands at best.
I'd rather have what you're having.

Ricky was a great pass catcher out of the backfield.

How quickly we forget.

Problem with Gordon is that he seems to shy away from contact. He's a slasher type in a power backs body. Remember when Ricky started to shy away from contact? He turned into a mediocre back.

I am officially on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon now. I've read up on him, watched some clips of him and looked up the stats and I believe as others believe that he has the most potential as a featured back in the NFL. He's the best "all-around" back in that he's got real good hands, he doesn't shy away from blocking, and he's got good burst. He's big at 6'1" 232lbs and he has the mentality that he will run you OVER if he doesn't have an alternative option. He has the speed to break it outside and is a tough runner inside. He lowers his shoulders and shows good balance and vision.

We need to trade down and pick him up.

Boomer said:

If we switch our style of offense either Williams would be ideal for our running back but if we don't then Benson or Brown are what we need. Brown is a complete back with good hands out of the backfield.

With T.A. & Fason declaring, & DeAngelo expecting to do so, if RB is the position we have the greatest need for in the draft (provided we don't sign James, Alexander, or Rudi) then the best bet is to trade down into the teens because of the RB quality & depth this class is gaining. We need to gain another first to grab one of the 300+ pound run stoppers like underclassmen Wright or Ngata.

Another thing about Brown that a lot of people aren't bringing up is the fact that he has less wear than Benson or Williams. They carried the load (especailly Benson) while he was a back-up with starter skills.

Back
Top Bottom