rookie free agents: part 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rookie free agents: part 2

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me. All of our investigative reporters (including me) have run into complete pause. None of us can find out the remaining 6 or so free agents not mentioned in the Sun today. I live in Mississippi, and I can tell you I have heard nothing on Kelly, DE from Miss. St. I can not find anything on the WR from San Jose St. either that everyone wants. Some guy mentioned that a player from Oklahoma was flying in today, but did not know who (other than the player wasn't Everage).

I just love the way every year Miami stalls around with this. Well, they don't owe us anything really. Sort of makes it a challenge. But I have run into a stone wall this year. (can't find anything about the Auburn DT either). I will say that Herrion OG from Alabama signed with GB.

Lee2000

the guy from oklahoma could be rb renaldo works or lb pasha jackson. i know my sooners. But i hope its everage though. All of them can help the team alot.

Why is everyone so worry about the rookie free agents? I don't see any of them making this team anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Why is everyone so worry about the rookie free agents? I don't see any of them making this team anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Because it is a nugget of NFL football news. I HATE THE OFFSEASON. Bring on the wide reciever that is going to kick *** in training camp but suck. Bring on the guy with the great story, about how his life sucked and now he is turning it around only to be cut in the 2nd wave of cuts. Bring on all the stories of everyone looking good, everyone working out and everyone thinking that everyone has gotten better and ready to make a run for the superbowl.

I'd be interested in Kendrick Starling, DeMarco McNeil, and Tommy Kelly. All three have a lot of work to do if they want to make it in the NFL but easily could have been drafted. McNeil needs to want it more since he's not the biggest DT out there (great heart is the best way to overcome a lack of size), Kelly has great height but probably needs to add bulk since he ain't fast anyway, and Starling needs to play against tougher competition.....who better than the Miami CBs? I feel like these are the best remaining guys and that we take no risk by bringing DTs into camp when we can afford to let them develop for a year or two behind TimBo and Co. Starling was a big play guy in college and maybe he could bring it situationally in the NFL (read: #3 wr). I would've loved a shot at signing Ahmad Childress (check out Boomer's DT write-up on him) but the Lions (I think it was the Lions) got him. Too bad.

I doubt Childress got a ringing endorsement from Shula. Sounds like the kid left because no one liked him anymore.

Danny said:

Ozzy rules!!

Undrafted free agents are very important. Remember, guys like Wale Ogunleye and Tommy Hendricks were UFAs. Guys can fall through the cracks. It's Spielman's job to find them.

Tommy Kelly from Mississippi State would be a good pickup as a developmental DE/DT. He's 6'6 and 293 lbs. and runs a 4.8 40. I haven't heard about anyone signing him either. He's #55 in the photo.
clear.gif

I agree i hope that DE and Dt are a few of the pickups.Dolfanreal69

Kelly is the guy I would really bid up and try to get. I've heard a lot of good things about him.

Back
Top Bottom