Rookie QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie QB's

lvstud84

Biggest Finfan in Kingman, AZ
Reaction score
I think Berlin can be a starter for us. If u look at all the great QB's who got drafted late they became stars. Look at Matt Schaub for Atlanta(i don't know when he got drafted) but last year as a rookie he looked excellent in preseason and this year looks even better. That guy could be a starter somewhere. Look at Senaca Wallace with Seattle. He looked brilliant for Seattle. I wish these guys could get a fair shot instead of lettin these mediocore old QB's start all the damn time

As someone said earlier in a thread, teams don't game plan for these guys in preseason, and they are playing against backups. I like Schaub, but not sure he will ever be a starter. It's tough to tell in preseason.

arent we done with getting Career back-ups for starters?

If we have to start Berlin, we are in big, BIG trouble. Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for the kid, but come on now, let's get real.

You make a good point there and It sounded like i said Hasselback and Vick are mediocore which is not the case but some teams could use a Schaub, Wallace, Orton on there team as a starter. I bet there are maybe 4 or 5 backups in the NFL that could be future HOFamers and we will never know

PhinSoldia said:
arent we done with getting Career back-ups for starters?
come on now, you don't know how good he can or will be. some players are better in the NFL then they were in college for some reason

PBE said:
If we have to start Berlin, we are in big, BIG trouble. Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for the kid, but come on now, let's get real.

i agree, you have to remember that he is going against 3rd and 4th string players, and he has been succesful thus far, i tihnk he oculd compete against 2nd string, but right now saying 1st string is a huge stretch, mind you he is a rookie and needs to learn the ways of the NFL give him 2-3 years he might be competing for a starting job somewhere but not her behind sage, gus and a.j.

FinsAreLife said:
i agree, you have to remember that he is going against 3rd and 4th string players, and he has been succesful thus far, i tihnk he oculd compete against 2nd string, but right now saying 1st string is a huge stretch, mind you he is a rookie and needs to learn the ways of the NFL give him 2-3 years he might be competing for a starting job somewhere but not her behind sage, gus and a.j.
last week Feeley went up against the 3rd string players and he was still horrible

Back
Top Bottom