Roquan Smith to the Ravens | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roquan Smith to the Ravens

Would have definitely made this trade. We’re starting Elandon freaking Roberts.

I don't pretend to know much about these types of things, but maybe Roquan's salary was too much for us to take on? Is it as simple as just giving them a 2nd and 3rd I stead of a 2nd and 5th? It seems like our salary cap situation may play a part as well...I don't know. I can't believe the front office didn't at least consider trying to deal for him. Something had to either scare us off, or Roquan just didn't want to come to Miami.
i'm assuming balt will have to pay smith next year at least top 5 lb'er money.. they might be up against it next year with lamar jax contract to

Smith is an excellent player, but he has lined up primarily as a weak side OLB in the NFL. No real guarantee that he is as good in a 3-4 ILB position. Obviously, he has more talent and ability than our current guys. A lot to give up for a guy you are going to have to pay HUGE money to so he doesn’t walk.

Think he is a very good player, who will demand big bucks. Not sure about the actual fit he would have been for our D, I'll leave that up to others that know his skillset better.

I do think, however, that Grier simply does not value ILB's (clearly where Smith would have slotted in for us). My hope is that they are looking to agree to terms with Chubb before we hear of the deal with Denver. That would be a nice fit, and a position that this team (any team, really) values much more.

We made the same offer to Chicago they turned us down.

See how easy it is to speculate.

What are you talking about?
I’m just upset he isn’t a Dolphin. Not speculating about anything because I’m pretty sure I was hoping he’d be a Dolphin somehow.

Last edited:
Well, first time this season I'm upset with those guys.

This was a no Brainer.

Stud LBER, young and no injuries.

If we end up trading picks for guys like Conklin, Hunt or Chubb who all are injury comcerns....concerns.....

I'll be upset we CHOSE to not trade for an obvious upgrade at a huge area of need without injury concerns.

Truly disappointed today.

Remember this move if Chicago is rushing for 200+ yardson Sunday.

I do not want R. Smith tracking Tua down in the playoffs.
That's what I said about chubb. Why why why do we keep doing this to ourselves? How do these guys not realize to stop bringing in injury riddled players???

Well, if salary was a concern.... Miami should have no interest in Hunt, Conklin, Chubb, Burns etc.

I dunno who Miami is interested in or if they even have interest.

But if salary cap was a concern Miami should not be players or looking.

If salary is not an issue i would rather trade for a guy with no injury concerns over the aforementioned guys
I'm fairly confident they don't have any interest in Conklin or Hunt.

He is going to be the highest paid LB in the league. People always seem to forget about salaries with trades. We have players that need to be paid soon. Is it really possible to have the highest paid WR, CB, OT and LB in the league?
And if Tua keeps playing like he's playing, he will be getting paid soon. Wilkens also will be getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom