Ross wins the Thorpe!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross wins the Thorpe!!!

Ross will be a first round pick, just watch. He's got great speed, a great eye for the ball and made some huge plays this year. He owned Oklahoma on his own and his own, and he also returns punts very well. He deserved this, and he'll be a great NFL player IMO.

im not sure man, I mean he did get torched by K-state i thought Nelson should of won it, o well good for the Big XII :D

:down:

Nelson wasn't just very good this year, he was DOMINANT. He scared WR's in becoming alligator armed wienies. He was a ball hawk, and even blocked a punt.

Nelson wasn't just very good this year, he was DOMINANT. He scared WR's in becoming alligator armed wienies. He was a ball hawk, and even blocked a punt.

Spoken like a true homer

Give Ross credit, he deserved it.

FLOUNDER said:
Spoken like a true homer

Give Ross credit, he deserved it.
I'll give him the credit he deserves, but I won't say he deserved it. He didn't.

finswin56 said:
I'll give him the credit he deserves, but I won't say he deserved it. He didn't.

Ross' 2006 season totals of 73 tackles, 18 PBU, 23 passes defended and 10 takeaways (five INTs, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries) were tops among the group of finalists. He also has posted three TFL, a sack and has scored two TDs. Ross has been involved in nine takeaways in the past eight games, and Texas has scored 38 points off of those (five TDs/one FG), including a fumble that he returned for a TD. For his career, Ross has played in 49 games and posted 196 tackles, nine INTs, 32 PBU, five TFL, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

:dday:

Gotta agree....4 best players ive seen on defense this year are Laurinatis, Willis, Nelson, and the Michigan D Lineman.
Nelson should've been a shoe-in for this award.

the thorpe never goes to the right guy. when sean taylor lost out to the guy from OU, i just knew they'd never get it right.

Wow, this thread wasn't created to spite Gator fans or anything. Ah, true class.

What a joke. Nelson was robbed.

UF Fin Kat said:
the thorpe never goes to the right guy. when sean taylor lost out to the guy from OU, i just knew they'd never get it right.

Derrick Strait or Roy Williams

Back
Top Bottom