Roster Tweaking... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roster Tweaking...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Anyone have any predictions on future roster tweaking? I don't have inside information, but I would like to see Fred Gibson get a shot on the roster with Boston's slow start. I am honestly not sold on Boston, but I know he has a lot of support.
I wonder about the DT McGill at this point. With the DL performing well in general do you keep this guy on the roster all year? He is 26 years old, which I guess is still young enough to be considered developmental.
The burning question is who will replace Howard, and will he survive the roster in general? I expect to see some action here. I would go as far to say that the two newly added corners are not necessarily safe on the roster as well.
At this point I don't think I would make roster changes on the OL, TE, and at LB (however, I would could continue to watch Moore closely). Safety might require some tweaking if Jones is slow to recover.
At rb, one of those guys is going to go and my prediction is kid they signed from San Diego. Minor provides too much help on special teams. He and Gilmore will prove to be key players throughout the year.
And finally, at quarterback I have to wonder about Feeley. I just don't see him as a part of the future and why not start grooming an unknown talent if there is one out there. Nothing to lose there.
Feedback appreciated.

Lee2000

Lee2000 said:
Anyone have any predictions on future roster tweaking? I don't have inside information, but I would like to see Fred Gibson get a shot on the roster with Boston's slow start. I am honestly not sold on Boston, but I know he has a lot of support.
I wonder about the DT McGill at this point. With the DL performing well in general do you keep this guy on the roster all year? He is 26 years old, which I guess is still young enough to be considered developmental.
The burning question is who will replace Howard, and will he survive the roster in general? I expect to see some action here. I would go as far to say that the two newly added corners are not necessarily safe on the roster as well.
At this point I don't think I would make roster changes on the OL, TE, and at LB (however, I would could continue to watch Moore closely). Safety might require some tweaking if Jones is slow to recover.
At rb, one of those guys is going to go and my prediction is kid they signed from San Diego. Minor provides too much help on special teams. He and Gilmore will prove to be key players throughout the year.
And finally, at quarterback I have to wonder about Feeley. I just don't see him as a part of the future and why not start grooming an unknown talent if there is one out there. Nothing to lose there.
Feedback appreciated.

Lee2000

I dont have any predictions....but I can tell you this, whenever Saban makes a move, sometimes I shake my head and think "huh?, why is that necessary". But I'll be damned if everytime its turned out right, so I no longer worry and try to out quess him.

It seems whatever he touches turns to gold. Therefore, I am resigned to the fact to just sit back and enjoy his magic when it comes to personnel and schemes.

I have to agree about Feeley, UNLESS Saban feels he still does have the potential to be successful in this league.

RB, someone will have to go. Not sure who.

Gibson has always had talent, just way too inconsistent. I think a year on the PS will do him good. Maybe he'll realize he has to work hard to make it.

He was scheduled to have Davey in this week, but he signed with the cards, so I would say he is looking at QB also.

Back
Top Bottom