Roy Williams dirty tackles... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roy Williams dirty tackles...

Martel

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
TO is the 3rd person he's badly injured this year (Musa Smith and I forget the other one), all on the same kind of tackle. Those types of tackles are legal, but I don't think they should be. To me it's no different than clotheslining. What do you think?

PS-
If anyone knows who Roys 3rd victim was, let me know.

I completely disagree.

Williams was trailing TO and had to chase him from behind to tackle him. I mean what do you want? No tackles from behind and then every play going for 80 yards? Injuries are a part of the game and it just happened to TO on that play.

That tackle was completely legal. This is football, people get injured, that's the name of the game!

Titans WR tyrone Calico is the other guys season roy ended.

Roy easily just wrap the guy up around the waist, or jump on his back.. he doesnt have to grab the guy by the back of the neck and pull him backwards so their knee's bend in ways they shouldnt... There is about a million other ppl in the nfl who can manage to tackle someone from behind and not end their season. im a titan fan and roy williams ended tyrone calico's(our future at WR) with an awkward tackle like that.. he could easily just tackle them in a different way so he doesnt end their seasons.

I'm not saying the tackle was illeagal, I'm saying it should be. It's exactly like clotheslining someone. Your taking the momentum away by pulling at the neck. These tackles will be outlawed one day, bet on it.

I saw that tackle and I would agree. Roy williams had him by the back of the shoulder pads and then he just collapsed his weight and bent him backwards. That will tear up a knee faster than anything else.

but it stops forward motion, jumping on their back would add 5 yards to the play and they might shake you off. the game has already been watered down a little too much. lets just let people pull people down backwards.

Gotta disagree bud. It's hard to tackle someone as it is. Clotheslining someone is usually with the intent to injure.

You guys are crazy! If that happened to Chambers or.........well we have no other offensive threat to really speak of....ok say Ricky in his 1853 season. If he takes Ricky out like that and it's the 3rd time it had happened that year, I gaurantee you'd all be singing a different tune!!!!! If the guy is ahead of you, and you don't have position, too bad for you, try to trip him I guess. You don't see the tackle that much because guys know that you could F someone up like that.

Did this change any minds?

I guess grabbing a THUG like TO from behind is wrong? Roy Williams isa clean player who simply is physical? Are any of you old enough to remember when the NFl was actually physical? Remember Ronnie Lott, Cliff Harris, Mel blount and even a younger Darren Woodsen? Damn you all shoudl become fans of tennis or soccer!:roflmao:

LSU_Cowboys_fan said:
I guess grabbing a THUG like TO from behind is wrong? Roy Williams isa clean player who simply is physical? Are any of you old enough to remember when the NFl was actually physical? Remember Ronnie Lott, Cliff Harris, Mel blount and even a younger Darren Woodsen? Damn you all shoudl become fans of tennis or soccer!:roflmao:

You're sounding like Olivia Newton John.

Yes you're right, football is no longer a physical sport. We need to go ahead and take the facemasks off again. Then we can have more injuries to the sports best players! The players who actually make it fun to watch when your team sucks!! Awesome!!

PS- Why is TO a thug exactly?

I totally agree that it should be an illegal tackle... coz anyone who has played football would know you can easily tackle someone from behind without doing that kind of tackle. Ive made a million tackles from behind and never once tackled like that, all u have to do is wrap up around there mid section somewhere, or thighs, and turn slightly as you grab them and slam them down or you'll atleast trip them up and wont gain many more yards coz you've got a good hold of em... hell, thats easier then trying to grab their neck and destroy their knee's..

And saying that banning this type of tackle would make the sport even more sissy is jsut stupid. The way of tackling i jsut mentioned is more physical then the way roy tackles, the way i jsut said you can slam the guy to the turf with force. Roy's style isnt physical at all, its just awkward and results in injury... there is no downfall by making it an illegal tackle

Back
Top Bottom