rueben droughns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rueben droughns

aj13

Long time listner, first time caller
Reaction score
cnnsi is also reporting droughns wants out of denver...would this guy be on my list???? hell no...product of his system, most likely...hes a drew rosenhaus client- a guy notorious for peddling one year wonders...AND denver is crazy enough to ask for a 1st....

According to my source, Shanahan is not demanding a FIRST in exchange for Reuben.,,,he wants a "high-round draft pick and a middle round draft pick."
Depending on what Denver was willing to bargain for, and what Rosenhaus wants in terms of $$$$, I would at least listen to what they want in exchange:

http://broncos.gazette.com/fullstory.php?id=4389

This guy is a waste. Why would you even want him when our offensive line couldnt protect him even if he did come here?

Roman529 said:
According to my source, Shanahan is not demanding a FIRST in exchange for Reuben.,,,he wants a "high-round draft pick and a middle round draft pick."
Depending on what Denver was willing to bargain for, and what Rosenhaus wants in terms of $$$$, I would at least listen to what they want in exchange:

As stated in many of the other Droughns threads anyone who trades anything valuable for a RB that mysteriously becomes a star in Denver is a sucker.

Denver has proven many times over that they can put anyone behind that Line blocking scheme and produce.

See Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary.

I fully trust that Saban won't make a move on Droughns because he won't be an improvement over anything we have now.

Look, just because Droughns and Alexander and Henry have said that they would like to come to Miami doesn't mean that when the chips are being counted, they'll take less just to play here....the bottom line is money for these guys and the fact that out RB position is "open"...I am of the opinion that we should worry about RB in FA, not via trade...we have given away too many picks and had too many picks not pan out over the last 4 years or so. Lets wait and see where we are with the cap before we get too hung up over these guys...besides, they will all want to renegotiate their contracts anyway.

personally, id like the combo of lamont jordan and lamar gordon...only thing is i hear lamont jordan may trek into alexander and edge money...

Trekbiz said:
As stated in many of the other Droughns threads anyone who trades anything valuable for a RB that mysteriously becomes a star in Denver is a sucker.

Denver has proven many times over that they can put anyone behind that Line blocking scheme and produce.

See Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary.

I fully trust that Saban won't make a move on Droughns because he won't be an improvement over anything we have now.
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that good running backs are a product of the system in Denver. TD, Olandis, Anderson, Droughns...hey other than Ricky, when have we had a 1,000 yard rusher here??: Delvin Williams. All 4 of the previously mentioned Denver backs are better than anything the Dolphins have now.

Roman529 said:

Why would give up that much for a guy that was originally on our practice squad. A good line will make any rb look good. We need to improve our line.

Roman529 said:
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that good running backs are a product of the system in Denver. TD, Olandis, Anderson, Droughns...hey other than Ricky, when have we had a 1,000 yard rusher here??: Delvin Williams. All 4 of the previously mentioned Denver backs are better than anything the Dolphins have now.
Kareem Abdul-Jabar did it.

Didn't we go like 16, 17 years between Delvin's 1,000 yard season and Kareem's in 1996??? It hasn't been gravy at the RB position....I was just saying that you can't say all the success the Broncos RB's have had is because of their line. TD was a hall of fame back until he got hurt. I just think we should at least listen to what Denver proposes in regards to Droughns...I would not give up a first round pick for him though.

He was a great mid-year pick up on my fantasy team, but hes just a system RB.

Roman529 said:
Didn't we go like 16, 17 years between Delvin's 1,000 yard season and Kareem's in 1996??? It hasn't been gravy at the RB position....I was just saying that you can't say all the success the Broncos RB's have had is because of their line. TD was a hall of fame back until he got hurt. I just think we should at least listen to what Denver proposes in regards to Droughns...I would not give up a first round pick for him though.
And you know what we haven't had in those 17 years ? The Denver Broncos blocking scheme/system.

It's a lot more plausible to believe that it's the Denver scheme than it is to believe that Shannahan is a RB draft guru. The OL scheme has remained constant, while the backs have not. The only one to leave and have any success is Clinton Portis, and he's only in his first year away from the Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom