Running and defense wins championships | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running and defense wins championships

#1 priority this offseason, and last offseason, other firing everyone in the building: Hire Jack Del Rio as DC.
93-94 with 4 winning seasons (one of those was a fat 9-7) in 12 years?

That's who you want?

I'll give you that he's a tough, inspiring guy, but I don't believe he's anything exceptional, as far as a HC.

Running and defense - those are both pretty vague aspects of the game. It’s not like you can go out and draft a running game or a defense.

I’d wager that the thing that apparently wins championships is the thing that the team that is the current flavour of the week does well.

“Teams” win championships.

Baltimore really missed their stud Alabama RB last night. Ingram was a big catalyst for that offense despite all the recognition LJ was getting for his incredible season.

Ravens just looked like a team waiting for their savior to save them. As if they just hand you a Lombardi based on regular season dominance.

Tennessee looked like a team, with a common goal. I liked the trick play but Tannehill should’ve had his third passing TD on the play before that.

That play set the stage for another trick play or two possibly involving Marcus Mariota next week. If I’m Tennessee I’m looking for a way to get MM on the field 3-4 times along with RT and see what kind of rabbit they can pull out of the hat.

I'll give you that he's a tough, inspiring guy, but I don't believe he's anything exceptional, as far as a HC.
Yes!
Not head coach, Defensive Coordinator! Check out his defensive rankings and experience as DC compared to others, to what is available. Would you hire Jim Schwartz as a DC, or would you look at his HC record?!

AJ Dillon from BC can be drafted in rounds 3 or 4. He is the definition of big and bruising!!

I'll let you call it what you like, but it's not sustainable, and that's the point.
Probably not sustainable, but it's a hell of a foundation, that with the right guys in charge, could easily evolve into something that is.

Would you not agree?

Yeah, you just need to stop two 4th and 1's (vs a team that went 8 of 8 on the year), hold the opponent to 1 of 4 in the RZ, and win the TO battle 3-0. Very sustainable plan.
They said that during the last 9 or so weeks the Titans lost the time of possession battle every game. A team built around running Derrick Henry 30x a game can't even win the clock. This team is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Yes!
Not head coach, Defensive Coordinator! Check out his defensive rankings and experience as DC compared to others, to what is available. Would you hire Jim Schwartz as a DC, or would you look at his HC record?!
Ahhh......you threw me off with the "fire everyone in the building" line.

Jack would be a fine DC, but why would he care to do that? He will get a retread HC position somewhere, if he wants to.

I would’ve liked more guys in the box for Baltimore. Put pressure on RT17. Blitz the heck out of him and make him beat you on the road.

That’s why it helps to take full advantage of every opportunity you get as a passer. RT made two critical throws that ended up being TDs.

Baltimore couldn’t afford to let another big play happen or that game was over. Thankfully for Tennessee that third big play was a 67 yard run by Henry.

RT17 deserves a lot of credit for that rushing TD as well. That was a back breaker for the Ravens. If they can keep him out of the end zone there no telling how their momentum changes. RT finding that hole and bursting through kept the foot on Baltimore’s throat.

Ahhh......you threw me off with the "fire everyone in the building" line.

Jack would be a fine DC, but why would he care to do that? He will get a retread HC position somewhere, if he wants to.

This team, if it had a GM, would hire the best DC available, and that is Jack Del RIo. Right now, they continue to fk around.

Probably not sustainable, but it's a hell of a foundation, that with the right guys in charge, could easily evolve into something that is.

Would you not agree?

Outside of QB, OL is the most-important group on the field. Tennessee is actually a great example of how unstable Defense is. They were a middle-of-the-pack D in 2019, and they're playing better in the playoffs. So, you don't need a great D, you just need them to get hot at the right time, which is not something you can predict.

Baltimore came into the game with the much better Defense and running game, so it's weird to see people point to this game and say, "See? Defense and running game."

Ravens had some dropped passes, sure, but I also thought Lamar wasn’t that accurate on a few of them. Especially to Snead who was reaching back to try and catch a few.

I like the kid, but his sideline pouting was getting annoying. He looked defeated long before they were ever out of the game. Can’t slam your helmet in disgust more than once a game. He should’ve been rallying his guys instead of acting like a brady, I mean baby.

Tom Brady does all of that . . .

This team, if it had a GM, would hire the best DC available, and that is Jack Del RIo. Right now, they continue to fk around.
Serious question Largo, whens the last time this organization made a hire you approved of?

Back
Top Bottom