RW could have played it smarter....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RW could have played it smarter.......

Phinatic

HVAC Technician
Basement Dweller
Reaction score
RW is dumb......... He could of played this retirement thing out to the benefit of him, the phins, and all of us. heres how
If he wanted to retire he should have sat down and talked to the front office, they could have traded him to the cardinals for the first pick in the draft and possibly more(phins+us happy), got a signing bonus, then retired, paid the cardinals back half of the bonus and make money(Ricky happy),would not owe the phins anything, and nobody would be mad or bashing him(except for the cards who dont matter cuz they always get the first pick and it never amounts to anything anyway). He could have taken the system flusher and passed their physical, and live happily ever after-but i guess it was hard to the this hard stoned :cooldude:

:shakeno: You don't screw with teams like that. Doing such a thing to the Cardinals would be a dishonest thing and it would kill any respect all the other teams have for us.

Phinz4Life said:
:shakeno: You don't screw with teams like that. Doing such a thing to the Cardinals would be a dishonest thing and it would kill any respect all the other teams have for us.

True.... but the phins could act like they knew nothing about it, he just got depressed during the shift to Arizona, or better yet he could have faked a career ending injury and kept all the signing bonus and a injury settlement;) ......im just tryin to think of ways that this could have worked to our benefit

ok, ill make it easier to understand. why would the dolphins, when they had ricky, trade him?

It never would've worked. The other team would be suspicious as to why Miami would trade one of their best players. Ricky Willaims wasn't as "troubled" as a David Boston...i.e. not a distraction...

until now..that is :)

BizarroAndres said:
ok, ill make it easier to understand. why would the dolphins, when they had ricky, trade him?
He should have went to the F/O and explained the situation and then get them to trade him

Gladsadmad said:
It never would've worked. The other team would be suspicious as to why Miami would trade one of their best players. Ricky Willaims wasn't as "troubled" as a David Boston...i.e. not a distraction...

until now..that is :)

well said

Phinatic said:
He should have went to the F/O and explained the situation and then get them to trade him
This isn't getting through to you. Why on earth would we trade our BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER when it APPEARED there was NOTHING wrong and he was going to PLAY FOR US the following year.

GET IT NOW? :shakeno:

Phinz4Life said:
This isn't getting through to you. Why on earth would we trade our BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER when it APPEARED there was NOTHING wrong and he was going to PLAY FOR US the following year.

GET IT NOW? :shakeno:
Do you remember how we got ricky? he wanted out of NO and he was there best player too and did we hesitate?

Phinatic said:
Do you remember how we got ricky? he wanted out of NO and he was there best player too and did we hesitate?

I'm confused. I wasn't aware we had drafted a HB in the draft like the Saints did to replace RW's.

Why would any team trade a RW's after the season he had 2-years ago? Obviously if they knew he had drug issues things may have changed at that point. As far as I know no one has hinted that the FO did know anything was wrong with RW's.

Oliver...

Jim Haslett knew Ricky would retire early. Ricky told him he wanted to retire to play baseball.

So that "dishonest thing" card has already been played ON Miami.

Remember Ricky is onlt "Half-Smart".He was obviously using the other half when he made his decision.

I admit that it would be extremely low of us. What if Ricky said he wanted out of Miami because of the coaching style and all of the pressure on him? We would have no choice but to get something for him. Then later he retires before the season and gives his statements to the media that he was just trying to help his team out. It would have been a long shot and devastating to hear he wanted out of Miami for another team. It still would have been better than what happened.

Back
Top Bottom