RW will get traded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RW will get traded

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I think with RW return miami will TRADE RW for a 2nd or possibly a late 1st if there are any takers. we are REALLLLLLLLLLLLY LOW On picks and that is NOT GOOD. i think this will happen. he was going to most likely to DENVER til they FK'd it up

why is that? oooo do you mean the same way how i said we'd sign about 6 players this offseason and ppl called me a madden whore and it isn't madden and now we signed almost 8 and ppl HAVE NOTHING TO SAY? I think you need to lay down adn try to figure out how the NFL system works when it comes to FA, Draft, and bus. side of the sport

TotoreMexico said:
He's not going anywhere (just my opinion)

tahnks for responding in a mature fashion

SR 7 said:
why is that? oooo do you mean the same way how i said we'd sign about 6 players this offseason and ppl called me a madden whore and it isn't madden and now we signed almost 8 and ppl HAVE NOTHING TO SAY? I think you need to lay down adn try to figure out how the NFL system works when it comes to FA, Draft, and bus. side of the sport

I think he's referring to the value you have for ricky...Which is not a 2nd or first round pick. Ricky will fetch a 3rd at the most...and since you will ask why here is it...
1. 1 strike away from a year suspension
2. A RB who's 29 almost thirty....
3. He's Weird
4. He's no longer a power back, but a more common speed back.
5. You can get a Good RB in the draft in the first 2 rounds with less risk.

The only thing in ricky's favor is his small contract...

I am firm in my confidence in regards to how well I understand the NFL with regards to the business side of it as well as the draft and free agency.

Let me get this straight. You are proud of yourself because you said Miami would sign about six players in free agency? Well, that was going out on a limb. Pat yourself on the back.

I agree that Ricky Williams is an outstanding talent. I also agree that I would love for Miami to get a 2nd round pick for him. The problem is that I think such hopes are firmly ground in "Madden Football".

Admit it or not:
Ricky is a player who has shown he cannot be trusted.
Ricky is a player who has shown to have had, at least at some point in his career, a drug problem.
Ricky is a player who is facing a one year suspension for the drug policy violation.
Ricky is a player who, even if he beats this violation, will still be one joint away from a one year ban.
Lastly, running backs are not in high demand. If a team will not give up a second round pick for Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander (players of comparable talent without the baggage), why would a team give up a second for Ricky?

For those reason I was under the opinion that your post was a bit frenzied and poorly thought out. That is why I told you to lie down.

Ghetti13 said:
I am firm in my confidence in regards to how well I understand the NFL with regards to the business side of it as well as the draft and free agency.

Let me get this straight. You are proud of yourself because you said Miami would sign about six players in free agency? Well, that was going out on a limb. Pat yourself on the back.

I agree that Ricky Williams is an outstanding talent. I also agree that I would love for Miami to get a 2nd round pick for him. The problem is that I think such hopes are firmly ground in "Madden Football".

Admit it or not:
Ricky is a player who has shown to have had, at least at some point in his career, a drug problem.
Ricky is a player who is facing a one year suspension for the drug policy violation.
Ricky is a player who, even if he beats this violation, will still be one joint away from a one year ban.
Lastly, running backs are not in high demand. If a team will not give up a second round pick for Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander (players of comparable talent without the baggage), why would a team give up a second for Ricky?

For those reason I was under the opinion that your post was a bit frenzied and poorly thought out. That is why I told you to lie down.

so he hasnt shown you any signs of trust if he wins this BS drama?
HAD HENCE PAST TENSE! we got so many players with HADs/HAVES adn worked out fine for us.
one, b/c he is only 545k's not 8 mill a year so think about THAT hence BUSS SIDE OF THINGS, SECOND my post was thought out, just b/c i didn't state them like you did, 3, you are gettin a top 10-15 back in the league for 545k's dollars and prove rather a M. drew that isn't proven or Addai and will cost you MORE. a TEAM that thinks they are SB bound this year or next and will get them to the next level will make this DEAL ala DENVER. hmmm so you call that poorly thought out when experts ala ESPN crew said the same thing? you got me good....... heh right.

Ghetti13 said:

Admit it or not:

pretty much the only reason a team would be willing to give up a 2nd for ricky and not backs similar in talent to him is his small cap number or at least that's what most people think, but i'm of the opinion that if we traded ricky the first thing ricky's agent would do is make an attempt to restructure his contract since he wouldn't owe his new team 8 million dollars. He would start over monetaraly speaking with a new franchise and while he more than likely would recieve a new deal that is alot friendlier to a salary cap than James or Alexander after he restructures the deal the team traded for wouldn't be as good as it seems now so i really don't see a team trading for him unless they just felt they were a running back away and had very little salary cap space to work with.

All I'll say is that I hope your right. I hope there is a team willing to give a second or third for Ricky. That would be great.

Trade Ricky and have Sammy Morris as the backup? Thanks, but no thanks.

Ricky is farrrrr more valuable to us. He's getting paid the league minimum and he's a top tier RB. I'd only give him up for a first, and NOTHING less.

Trading Ricky (assuming he wins the appeal) to get more draft picks, simply because we're low on draft picks, is not great logic.

Who exactly would be looking to draft with another 2nd or 3rd rounder, and how would they be any better than a 600K/1000 yard back?

If you don't have any surefire answers for those questions, then you don't gamble.

Ricky goes for a 3rd and 5th round pick to a team

Thats my gut feeling, we wont get more than that, im on the trade Ricky bandwagon, Great player dont get me wrong but how many more years does he have? and Ronnie is gonna be a monster back

How do you know Ricky will be back and not have to serve a one year suspension?? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom