RW will get traded | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RW will get traded

hdjetta6316 said:
I think he's referring to the value you have for ricky...Which is not a 2nd or first round pick. Ricky will fetch a 3rd at the most...and since you will ask why here is it...
1. 1 strike away from a year suspension
2. A RB who's 29 almost thirty....
3. He's Weird
4. He's no longer a power back, but a more common speed back.
5. You can get a Good RB in the draft in the first 2 rounds with less risk.

The only thing in ricky's favor is his small contract...

This is spot-on analysis. To add to it, even if we could get a 2nd rounder, I'm not sure I would want to. This guy splits carries w/ R. Brown, keeping him fresh. And he is the best backup RB in the league (if he doesn't start). All this for the league minimum salary...sounds nice to me.

SR 7 said:
why is that? oooo do you mean the same way how i said we'd sign about 6 players this offseason and ppl called me a madden whore and it isn't madden and now we signed almost 8 and ppl HAVE NOTHING TO SAY? I think you need to lay down adn try to figure out how the NFL system works when it comes to FA, Draft, and bus. side of the sport

Signing 8 players isn't AT ALL shocking, especially considering a few of those players were "bargain" FAs. But I think the poster was commenting on how much we'd get for Ricky. I do agree that we should accept no less than a second. But the fact is, there are still a lot of question marks around RW. I think he will remain a Dolphin. His value to us is much higher than any player we'd get with whatever draft pick we would get in exchange for him.

hdjetta6316 said:
I think he's referring to the value you have for ricky...Which is not a 2nd or first round pick. Ricky will fetch a 3rd at the most...and since you will ask why here is it...
1. 1 strike away from a year suspension
2. A RB who's 29 almost thirty....
3. He's Weird
4. He's no longer a power back, but a more common speed back.
5. You can get a Good RB in the draft in the first 2 rounds with less risk.

The only thing in ricky's favor is his small contract...

Ricky is still a very powerful back. He lost a little weight and the affected him some, but he still showed alot of power between the tackles. Add to that the he will have added more weight back to his frame before the season starts, and we'll probably be back to his normal playing weight.

1) Yes, he is very close to a suspension and may yet be suspended. But he has shown that he is serious about coming back and playing hard.
2)He's 28 almost 29 (And fresher than a typical 29 year old back because of a year off and a shared load last year)
3) Being a bit quirky has nothing to do with his work ethic and how hard he plays. Saban was also quoted as saying the Ricky was in the top 5 hardest working and pleasurable players he's ever coached.
4) See my initial comment
5) What running back are you going to get in the second round that is the caliber of RW? NONE. Besides, we aren't going to use a pick on a RB and we don't have a second rounder anyway.
There is more in Ricky's favor than a small contract. In a nutshell, it's his unsurpassed talent and ability.

Ghetti13 said:
I am firm in my confidence in regards to how well I understand the NFL with regards to the business side of it as well as the draft and free agency.

Let me get this straight. You are proud of yourself because you said Miami would sign about six players in free agency? Well, that was going out on a limb. Pat yourself on the back.

I agree that Ricky Williams is an outstanding talent. I also agree that I would love for Miami to get a 2nd round pick for him. The problem is that I think such hopes are firmly ground in "Madden Football".

Admit it or not:
Ricky is a player who has shown he cannot be trusted.
Ricky is a player who has shown to have had, at least at some point in his career, a drug problem.
Ricky is a player who is facing a one year suspension for the drug policy violation.
Ricky is a player who, even if he beats this violation, will still be one joint away from a one year ban.
Lastly, running backs are not in high demand. If a team will not give up a second round pick for Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander (players of comparable talent without the baggage), why would a team give up a second for Ricky?

For those reason I was under the opinion that your post was a bit frenzied and poorly thought out. That is why I told you to lie down.

:yes: Well said

Back
Top Bottom