Ryan Clady pro day results + video | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Clady pro day results + video

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dude is an athlete- fluid, smooth, good explosion

http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=1750221

Pro day attracted more than 50 NFL personnel from 30 teams to the Caven-Williams Sports Complex to time and test Clady and other former Boise State football players.

Clady ran his 40-yard dash in 5.18 seconds, unofficially. He showcased a vertical leap of 31 inches and a broad jump of nine feet. All three efforts would have placed him in the top 10 among lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine. The vertical was better than any offensive linemen’s at the event.

I have no idea what that means in a football context - the next time an offensive lineman is asked to jump nine feet in a football game will be the first time - but Clady seemed happy.

“I didn’t know I had that in me. Where did that come from? Must have been adrenaline,†said Clady, showing more emotion in interviews than at any point in his standout Bronco career.

Clady, who did not do the bench press Monday, showed no ill effects from the strained pectoral muscle that knocked him out of last week’s combine. During line drills, he showed the explosiveness and athleticism that brought scouts from around the country.

“Everyone, to a man, said he blew them away. He was extremely athletic, extremely quick,†his agent Pat Dye Jr. said after the session. “Quick hands. Quick feet. That’s what you look for in a great pass blocker and that’s what they pay people in this league at his position to do.â€
I must admit, he’s looking pretty good. I still hope we can trade back to get him if that’s what we decide to do, though. That will be very hard to pull off–teams hate to trade up into the top five. Even Mel Kiper has said as much.

I think many people wanted him to do the bench press . . . he struggled at the combine with it, though he is blaming the pectoral muscle.

Clady is more risky than Long, and Clady played in the WAC, which there is nothing wrong with the WAC, but its not the same as a BCS conference. I dunno, people seem to have Clady right next to Long . . . I don't . . . I think Long is the CLEAR number 1 tackle in this draft, followed by Clady.

I think many people wanted him to do the bench press . . . he struggled at the combine with it, though he is blaming the pectoral muscle.

Clady is more risky than Long, and Clady played in the WAC, which there is nothing wrong with the WAC, but its not the same as a BCS conference. I dunno, people seem to have Clady right next to Long . . . I don't . . . I think Long is the CLEAR number 1 tackle in this draft, followed by Clady.

I agree.

Agreed, and I've been advocating taking JLong for quite some time now. But my point is that Clady seems to be a heck of an athlete in his own right. I watched him on Boomer's recommendation- the first time I saw him he was pretty good, the second time he was darned good. Another guy who Boomer has been on for a long time- Gosder Cherilus. I really like his feet, and he has great size and I believe really good strength. Eveyone says that he's strictly a RT- maybe so, but that dude has some nimble feet on him. I'd be ok trading down and taking Clady, but my preference remains OL picks 1 and 2. And more after that- Nicks, Benedict, etc.

Clady also has 39.5 inch arms. Do you know how hard it is to bench with 39in arms?

He looks a little tight in the hips:foundout:

He moved well to me. But his legs look a bit thin- he will not be a Jake Long when it comes to run blocking.

The same damned thing keeps going through my mind- JLong and Sam Baker/Anthony Collins at Tackle for Dolphins, Carey moves to Guard. Offensive line problems solved, at least the starters. I'm not one of those who is overly concerned about what side JLong plays Tackle on, only that he dominates and refrains from the dumb*** penalties/drive killers that our Tackles have executed so well the last 5 years or so.

So the bottom line is that with JLong we have at minimum a butt kicking RT. With Baker, Collins, Cherilus and maybe Nicks/Benedict we have at minimum good OL depth, which we have almost none of now.

An OL heavy draft sounds like a good, safe draft. Sometimes perfection, or the search for it, is the enemy of good. Why take the risk of making bad picks this year when an improved OL is being offered to us on a silver platter through the 2008 draft.

He moved well to me. But his legs look a bit thin- he will not be a Jake Long when it comes to run blocking.

The same damned thing keeps going through my mind- JLong and Sam Baker/Anthony Collins at Tackle for Dolphins, Carey moves to Guard. Offensive line problems solved, at least the starters. I'm not one of those who is overly concerned about what side JLong plays Tackle on, only that he dominates and refrains from the dumb*** penalties/drive killers that our Tackles have executed so well the last 5 years or so.

So the bottom line is that with JLong we have at minimum a butt kicking RT. With Baker, Collins, Cherilus and maybe Nicks/Benedict we have at minimum good OL depth, which we have almost none of now.

An OL heavy draft sounds like a good, safe draft. Sometimes perfection, or the search for it, is the enemy of good. Why take the risk of making bad picks this year when an improved OL is being offered to us on a silver platter through the 2008 draft.

Cant agree more. I'd like to see Jake Long with the 1st. Chilo Rachel in the 3rd. Its highly unlikely Brandon Albert falls to 32 but if so...thats a given.

Jake Long
Chilo Rachel
Samson Satelle
Justin Smiley
Vernon Carey

Woot!

Excellent post....I agree!

This is a great draft for OL and DL. We can easily get upgrades to both.

J. Long...and then Nicks with the 57th...who will fall because of his arrest at the Bar.

Dude is an athlete- fluid, smooth, good explosion

http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=1750221
Pro day attracted more than 50 NFL personnel from 30 teams to the Caven-Williams Sports Complex to time and test Clady and other former Boise State football players.

Clady ran his 40-yard dash in 5.18 seconds, unofficially. He showcased a vertical leap of 31 inches and a broad jump of nine feet. All three efforts would have placed him in the top 10 among lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine. The vertical was better than any offensive linemen’s at the event.

I have no idea what that means in a football context - the next time an offensive lineman is asked to jump nine feet in a football game will be the first time - but Clady seemed happy.

“I didn’t know I had that in me. Where did that come from? Must have been adrenaline,†said Clady, showing more emotion in interviews than at any point in his standout Bronco career.

Clady, who did not do the bench press Monday, showed no ill effects from the strained pectoral muscle that knocked him out of last week’s combine. During line drills, he showed the explosiveness and athleticism that brought scouts from around the country.

“Everyone, to a man, said he blew them away. He was extremely athletic, extremely quick,†his agent Pat Dye Jr. said after the session. “Quick hands. Quick feet. That’s what you look for in a great pass blocker and that’s what they pay people in this league at his position to do.â€
I must admit, he’s looking pretty good. I still hope we can trade back to get him if that’s what we decide to do, though. That will be very hard to pull off–teams hate to trade up into the top five. Even Mel Kiper has said as much.

His agent had nice things to say about him, wierd!

Agreed, and I've been advocating taking JLong for quite some time now. But my point is that Clady seems to be a heck of an athlete in his own right. I watched him on Boomer's recommendation- the first time I saw him he was pretty good, the second time he was darned good. Another guy who Boomer has been on for a long time- Gosder Cherilus. I really like his feet, and he has great size and I believe really good strength. Eveyone says that he's strictly a RT- maybe so, but that dude has some nimble feet on him. I'd be ok trading down and taking Clady, but my preference remains OL picks 1 and 2. And more after that- Nicks, Benedict, etc.
I really like him. I would be psyched if we could get him in the 2nd, if we decide to go with C. Long with the 1st. He has that classic LT size. Supposedly, he did very well at his pro-day, overlooked by Ryan obviously. He kind of reminds me of Marcus Mcneil,(sp?) the LT from SD.

Back
Top Bottom