Ryan Tannehill’s timetable for return from knee injury becomes more clear following surgery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill’s timetable for return from knee injury becomes more clear following surgery

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill is scheduled to have reconstructive knee surgery Thursday (today), according to two sources close to the Miami Dolphins quarterback.

And now that we know the date of the surgery we can plausibly estimate when it is Tannehill will return to play for the Dolphins -- or anyone in 2018.

The window for return to play, meaning completely past rehabilitation and ability to get on the field, is between 10 and 12 months following reconstructive surgery. The overall average time period is 10.8 months, according to Dr. Shawn Anthony, an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine expert at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.

This window factors in both allografts (ligaments harvested from donor bodies) and autografts (havested from patient’s own body).

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article167713067.html

Well today is the day, should get some news oater on how the surgery went. (Of course probably just the standard lines). The rehab and progres, like Wake's will be important.

I just hope they put a muzzle on the kid in what they allow him to do. Both on the field and with the rehab. He's gonna have to hit the pause button here. His career in Miami is riding on health in 2018 knee wise.

Should be ready to go for week 1

McMillan hopefully too

Not sure on an Achilles heal time, would think he would be good too

All 3 should be a go next year. No reason miami shouldn't bank on all 3 of them either

I'm a big fan but we need to draft a QB regardless. Not saying with our first round pick but maybe no later than round 3? Hope the surgery goes well and the recovery as well but we need to learn not to count on players coming back from injury/surgery as if they can't get hurt again. We've done that with Misi and Pouncey and others as well.

Ozzy rules!!

We previously heard that noted orthopedic surgeon, Dr James Andrews inspected Tannehill's knee when the previous decision was made not to have the reconstructive surgery. Do we know if Ryan went back to Dr Andrews for today's surgery?

No, not sure who is preforming it, would tend to lean towards it being Andrews.

I'd be interested in seeing some empirical data on success rates for players returning from acl and or achilles tears.

If he gains any knowledge standing on the sidelines and comes back an even smarter player mentally, it wasn't for not. I suspect as soon as he's stable enough to stand out there, he will be. This kid needs to regain his form and come back better than ever.

Back
Top Bottom