@@@'s 1st Round Mock V1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

@@@'s 1st Round Mock V1

@@@

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Detroit Lions
MATTHEW STAFFORD, QB, GEORGIA

The Lions could go for Jason Smith here and hope Sanchez or Josh Freeman fall to their other first rounder but its risky strategy that may not pay off.

St. Louis Rams
JASON SMITH, OT, BAYLOR

The Rams would have loved to snag Jake Long last year and if the Lions pick Jason Smith they could be looking at their 2nd option again this year

Kansas City Chiefs
EUGENE MONROE, OT, VIRGINIA

They could take Aaron Curry here to play inside in the 34 but i'm not sure that carries the same value at this spot as Monroe

Seattle Seahawks
AARON CURRY, LB, WAKE FOREST

Curry could man any of the linebacker spots in Seattles 43

Cleveland Browns
CLEVELAND BROWNS: BRIAN ORAKPO, OLB, TEXAS

The Browns struggled to get to the qb last season and take the best pass rusher available although Mangini will have to be concerned about picking another Vernon Ghoulston

Cincinnati Bengals
B.J. RAJI, DT, BOSTON COLLEGE

The Bengals finally shore up the interior line with the best tackle available

Oakland Raiders
MICHAEL CRABTREE, WR, TEXAS TECH

Some people think that Davis won't take Crabtree because he doesn't have elite speed but i don't see it, he's got a burner in Johnnie Lee Higgins and Crab is the best WR available

Jacksonville Jaguars
JEREMY MACLIN, WR, MISSOURI

The Jags could go Michael Oher here and they'd probably have been keen on Raji but with him gone they take yet another 1st round wideout

Green Bay Packers
AARON MAYBIN, DE, PENN ST

Maybe they go Everette Brown here but i think Maybin is a better fit for the 34 they are shifting to

San Francisco 49ers
MICHAEL OHER, OT, OLE MISS

I'm sure Sanchez is in play here and may even be the right pick but i can see them taking Oher here

Buffalo Bills
EVERETTE BROWN, OLB, FLORIDA ST

Most mocks i've seen have the bills taking Maybin but i have him going earlier and i actually think Brown is a better fit for their D

Denver Broncos
MARK SANCHEZ, QB, USC

This is obviously assuming Cutler gets traded which would probably change some picks elsewhere so i won't speculate on where he's going but this assumes he's gone

Washington Redskins
ANDRE SMITH, OT, ALABAMA

Smith will slot straight in at RT opposite Chris Samuels

New Orleans Saints
MALCOLM JENKINS, CB-S, OHIO ST

Jenkins lack of deep speed won't be an issue in NO cover 2 he'll step right in and upgrade a pretty poor defensive backfield

Houston Texans
BRIAN CUSHING, OLB, USC

At first i had Beanie wells going here to form a 1-2 punch with Steve Slaton but i can see them addressing that later in the draft

San Diego Chargers
CLAY MATTHEWS, LB, USC

Matthews is rising fast after a good combine and pro day and i see the Chargers nabbing him to play inside

New York Jets
TYSON JACKSON, DE, L.S.U

Some mocks have Jackson going higher largely because he's the most NFL ready 34 end prospect in the draft personnally i think this is the right sort of area for him

Chicago Bears
DARRIUS HEYWARD-BEY, WR, MARYLAND

The Bears could take Eben Britton here but i see them taking the Maryland speedster to give them a downfield threat to compliment Devin Hester

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
REY MAUALUGA, ILB, USC

The Bucs could take Peria Jerry here but if Maualuga gets this far after a fairly poor offseason i can see the bucs taking him

Detroit Lions (From Dallas)
VONTAE DAVIS, CB, ILLINOIS

Eben Britton is an option here but the Lions defensive backfield is pretty dire and Davis should help with that

Philadelphia Eagles
BEANIE WELLS, RB, OHIO ST

Brian Westbrook is often injured so the Eagles take some thunder to Westbrooks lightning

Minnesota Vikings
EBEN BRITTON, OT, Arizona

The Vikings need o-line help and Britton is good value here, i could also see them going wideout

New England Patriots
ALPHONSO SMITH, CB, WAKE FOREST

the hardest decision i had here was which cb/s the pats would take, if you don't like Smith here then pick anyone you like ;)

Atlanta Falcons
PERIA JERRY, DT, OLE MISS

The Falcons need D-line help and Jerry provides an unblockable interior presence that'll remind fans of Rod Colemans good years there

Miami Dolphins
HAKEEM NICKS, WR, NORTH CAROLINA

The toughest pick to make for any fin fan since its hard to please everyone. We could go a few different ways here Larry English, Michael Johnson and Connor Barwin are still on the board as are Percy Harvin and Kenny Britt, with Eben Britton gone i'm not sure i'd look o-line, Jarron Gilbert could be an option but i see him lasting to 44.

So anyway Nicks is the pick, he doesn't have Britt's size or Harvins quickness but he runs pro routes,gets open in short and deep areas against man and zone coverage, has great hands and can make the circus catches. I'm sure the "parcells won't take a receiver high" brigade will come out and to be honest i don't really have a great come back other than 25 isn't that high and i guess we'll see what we'll see come draft day.

Baltimore Ravens
PERCY HARVIN, WR, FLORIDA

Flacco gets a playmaker to work with

Indianapolis Colts
ROBERT AYERS, DE, TENNESSEE

Ayers should fit right in at LE for the colts but they're not adverse to using guys like Ayers inside

Philadelphia Eagles (From Carolina)
BRANDON PETTIGREW, TE, OKLAHOMA ST

Pettigrew doesn't have the downfield threat of a Winslow or Vernon Davis but he's solid all rounder to replace LJ Smith

New York Giants
KENNY BRITT, WR, RUTGERS

With the Plaxico situation up in the air the Giants get the closest like for like replacement

Tennessee Titans
ZIGGY HOOD, DT, MISSOURI

The Titans need to fill the hole left by Haynesworth

Arizona Cardinals
KNOWSHON MORENO, RB, GEORGIA

Edge James is clearly not coming back and i'm not sure they're 100% sold on Tim Hightower

Pittsburgh Steelers
ALEX MACK, C, CALIFORNIA

The Steelers could take any position on the line here or maybe look at a corner

I like it,but i'd hate to see what Harvin would do with Flacco lol....Plus you know Cam would be getting the ball to him as much as he could.

Back
Top Bottom