Saban calls out the NFL. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban calls out the NFL.

So you want him back to coach Miami then?

No...he did not want to be in Miami,he waited till the season was over,unlike a Petrino,
(would you guys prefered that way?)and he told Wayne what was up.
I don't want nobody coaching Miami,that doesn't want to be here,dang,thats just stupid.
Plus,I'm a Bama alum..I'm kind of fond of where he is at and what he has done.
It's kind of like my ex-wife..i hope she goes on to great things.I don't sit around pining
for her,saying she was this or that.
I've gone on to better my life without her....It takes two to screw things up.
The Dolphins had their share of the blame in why Nick left.
Hate Nick all you want to,It doesn't bother him and just makes alot of you
guys look petty.

Saban was screwed either way. If he comes out and says that he's interested in the Alabama job he's going to get crucified. If he takes us to the playoffs that season and then leaves after saying he'd reevaluate his position at the end of the season, he still gets crucified for taking a job he shouldn't have. It was a lose - lose for Saban regardless of how he handled it. Fans are RUTHLESS when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Definitely the jilted girlfriend syndrome. It was always going to be viewed as Miami isn't good enough.

No...he did not want to be in Miami,he waited till the season was over,unlike a Petrino,
(would you guys prefered that way?)and he told Wayne what was up.
I don't want nobody coaching Miami,that doesn't want to be here,dang,thats just stupid.
Plus,I'm a Bama alum..I'm kind of fond of where he is at and what he has done.
It's kind of like my ex-wife..i hope she goes on to great things.I don't sit around pining
for her,saying she was this or that.
I've gone on to better my life without her....It takes two to screw things up.
The Dolphins had their share of the blame in why Nick left.
Hate Nick all you want to,It doesn't bother him and just makes alot of you
guys look petty.

I don't hate Saban I hate the way he handled the situation. He lost respect in my eyes over it and if in the future he does something to change my opinion then so be it, I don't think Nick Saban or myself are going to lose any sleep over it either way (at least this Nick isn't anyway).

My ex-wife and I are better friends now then we were at the end of our marriage, sometime people are just meant to be friends and nothing more. Saban is no particular friend of the Dolphins. Never once did he stand up and say he ****ed up until he was bashed in the media into doing so.

Be a man admit your failure, learn from it and move on. Simple.

Well agree or not, that is Saban's opinion and he's sticking to it! As having an agent in college, is a no-no due to NCAA violation rules.

I don't hate Saban I hate the way he handled the situation. He lost respect in my eyes over it and if in the future he does something to change my opinion then so be it, I don't think Nick Saban or myself are going to lose any sleep over it either way (at least this Nick isn't anyway).

My ex-wife and I are better friends now then we were at the end of our marriage, sometime people are just meant to be friends and nothing more. Saban is no particular friend of the Dolphins. Never once did he stand up and say he ****ed up until he was bashed in the media into doing so.

Be a man admit your failure, learn from it and move on. Simple.

Yet in many interviews,Nick has always talked well of the Dolphins and blamed himself for the way things happened.
I've sat in several Red elephant club dinners and heard him say these exact things.
He was in a no win situation...
Do you think Nick CARES what the media thinks..He hates talking to the media..he just
wants to recruite and coach...plan and simple.
What kills me around here is Dolphin fans yell Shut up Nick no one cares..
yet,when he speaks ...there will be several 6 to 10 page threads about a coach
that left four years ago.
If nobody cares,then why when Nick talks he makes the National news,USAToday ,SI.
and ESPN.The media follows him,not the other way around.
As much as I like Tony S,(one because he is our coach)when was the last time he
was on the cover of SI,Forbes or paid hundreds of thousands to speak somewhere?
Like him or not Nick is the best college football coach in the business.
People are stupid if they think that with enough time and the front office staying
out of his way Nick would not have been successful here.
Dolphin fans are mad because they got jilted...Plain and simple.

Yet in many interviews,Nick has always talked well of the Dolphins and blamed himself for the way things happened.
I've sat in several Red elephant club dinners and heard him say these exact things.
He was in a no win situation...
Do you think Nick CARES what the media thinks..He hates talking to the media..he just
wants to recruite and coach...plan and simple.
What kills me around here is Dolphin fans yell Shut up Nick no one cares..
yet,when he speaks ...there will be several 6 to 10 page threads about a coach
that left four years ago.
If nobody cares,then why when Nick talks he makes the National news,USAToday ,SI.
and ESPN.The media follows him,not the other way around.
As much as I like Tony S,(one because he is our coach)when was the last time he
was on the cover of SI,Forbes or paid hundreds of thousands to speak somewhere?
Like him or not Nick is the best college football coach in the business.
People are stupid if they think that with enough time and the front office staying
out of his way Nick would not have been successful here.
Dolphin fans are mad because they got jilted...Plain and simple.

Don't be fooled Nick cares what the media and fans for that matter think (even Miami). We all care, if you were getting bashed for events in your past by the media you would care, I would care we all would. If Saban didn't care it wouldn't be the topic at several Red elephant club dinners.

When Saban commented on the NFL agents (which honestly I think he was right on the money with his comments) he didn't stop to think that he himself was not in the best position to comment publicly.

If you are a Bama fan then you love the guy and think what's the big deal but unfortunately that is only a certain portion of the population, the rest of us ask why the hell should this guy care at all after the way he handled some of the moves in his life? Who is he to criticize?

Bowden, and JoePa might have a little something to say about that best coach thing too.

As for Tony and his lack of media exposure, that is the influence of Bill and Bill alone. He views the media as a distraction to what needs to be done. As time wears and if Tony as success as a head coach he will be exposed more in the media. First and foremost the job at hand is to turn the Miami Dolphins back into the club it was though most of it's storied life.

Don't be fooled Nick cares what the media and fans for that matter think (even Miami). We all care, if you were getting bashed for events in your past by the media you would care, I would care we all would. If Saban didn't care it wouldn't be the topic at several Red elephant club dinners.

When Saban commented on the NFL agents (which honestly I think he was right on the money with his comments) he didn't stop to think that he himself was not in the best position to comment publicly.

If you are a Bama fan then you love the guy and think what's the big deal but unfortunately that is only a certain portion of the population, the rest of us ask why the hell should this guy care at all after the way he handled some of the moves in his life? Who is he to criticize?

Bowden, and JoePa might have a little something to say about that best coach thing too.

As for Tony and his lack of media exposure, that is the influence of Bill and Bill alone. He views the media as a distraction to what needs to be done. As time wears and if Tony as success as a head coach he will be exposed more in the media. First and foremost the job at hand is to turn the Miami Dolphins back into the club it was though most of it's storied life.

You're way off on one thing here... Nick Saban is in the best position of anyone to comment on the agents.... He's currently the highest paid coach in the business, the current national champion, and he knows that his comments get noticed.... for better or worse. But the main reason he's in position to comment is because it's a topic that DIRECTLY AFFECTS HIS PROGRAM..

..and he happens to be the best coach in college football no matter who's paying him... (Bama, LSU, Michigan St., etc.)... it doesn't matter..

The only percentage of the population that suffers from JGS (jilted girlfriend syndrome) is the Dolphins fanbase.... which is only a blip on the radar of the entire college football and NFL world....

Saban has the backing of the most powerful men in business and sports when it comes to this issue... and even rival coaches. The only place where it's being "asked why in the hell should this guy care at all after the way he handled some of the moves in his life" is in your head...

You simply can't say he was right about his comments, and then turn around in the same breath and be more concerned about who said it just because it was Saban... that's just another JGS episode coming to the surface there... You really should move on from your judgemental state of mind here about a man you don't know a **** hair about... Who are you to criticize? The answer is jilted Dolphins fan...nothing more.

Also, Saban has the same number (2) of national championships as Paterno and Bowden... except it took them 30-40 years to get there, and Saban has done it in two different places....Saban still has a long ways to go... Bobby is retired anyway... and was run off in favor of a Saban protege (Jimbo Fisher)...

Last but certainly not least... comparing any career move Saban has ever made is apples and oranges to the unethical practices of rogue agents contacting amateur athletes in order to get rich fast piggy backing off Saban's coaching ability and developing the players in the first place....

What they're doing is ILLEGAL.....

Seriously snap out of it... maybe you should seek counseling...

You're way off on one thing here... Nick Saban is in the best position of anyone to comment on the agents.... He's currently the highest paid coach in the business, the current national champion, and he knows that his comments get noticed.... for better or worse. But the main reason he's in position to comment is because it's a topic that DIRECTLY AFFECTS HIS PROGRAM..

..and he happens to be the best coach in college football no matter who's paying him... (Bama, LSU, Michigan St., etc.)... it doesn't matter..

The only percentage of the population that suffers from JGS (jilted girlfriend syndrome) is the Dolphins fanbase.... which is only a blip on the radar of the entire college football and NFL world....

Saban has the backing of the most powerful men in business and sports when it comes to this issue... and even rival coaches. The only place where it's being "asked why in the hell should this guy care at all after the way he handled some of the moves in his life" is in your head...

You simply can't say he was right about his comments, and then turn around in the same breath and be more concerned about who said it just because it was Saban... that's just another JGS episode coming to the surface there... You really should move on from your judgemental state of mind here about a man you don't know a **** hair about... Who are you to criticize? The answer is jilted Dolphins fan...nothing more.

Also, Saban has the same number (2) of national championships as Paterno and Bowden... except it took them 30-40 years to get there, and Saban has done it in two different places....Saban still has a long ways to go... Bobby is retired anyway... and was run off in favor of a Saban protege (Jimbo Fisher)...

Last but certainly not least... comparing any career move Saban has ever made is apples and oranges to the unethical practices of rogue agents contacting amateur athletes in order to get rich fast piggy backing off Saban's coaching ability and developing the players in the first place....

What they're doing is ILLEGAL.....

Seriously snap out of it... maybe you should seek counseling...

It is your point of view that I am way off base about Saban and his ability to comment.

He is the highest paid coach in college football because he put himself first, ahead of any program he has ever coached. So isn't that that same thing the agents for the players are doing, making money for themselves? Right? It is all about the money always has been with Saban.

You are the one that needs to snap out of it, the guy would leave Bama for the next best thing in a heart beat if the offer came up. Saban has no loyalties and neither do the NFL agents so that in itself makes him one not to comment on it.

Dennis Erickson has about the same coaching credentials as Saban and I wouldn't put him with Bowden and Paterno.

It is your point of view that I am way off base about Saban and his ability to comment.

He is the highest paid coach in college football because he put himself first, ahead of any program he has ever coached. So isn't that that same thing the agents for the players are doing, making money for themselves? Right? It is all about the money always has been with Saban.

You are the one that needs to snap out of it, the guy would leave Bama for the next best thing in a heart beat if the offer came up. Saban has no loyalties and neither do the NFL agents so that in itself makes him one not to comment on it.

Dennis Erickson has about the same coaching credentials as Saban and I wouldn't put him with Bowden and Paterno.

Saban hasn't had the time to accumulate the overall longevity of Paterno or Bowden.... but either way he's still the best coach in college football at the present time.... In fact, tune in on September 11th and you'll get to see Paterno face Saban....

I've always been partial to Paterno, and Bowden for that matter.... because I'm an old school college football guy and Bama fan, and I appreciate the legends of the past more than the younger generation... Some of the best games I've ever seen were between Paterno and Bear Bryant... "The Goal Line Stand" in the '79 Sugar Bowl, etc...

I've always admired Paterno because of the way he coaches his players and molds young men... he runs a clean program and does it the right way... just like Saban does...

However, there's two words that ends all conversations when it comes to the best college football coach of all time.... Bear Bryant.

As for Saban and the agents, Saban is the one investing the time, resources, coaching, teaching, and development of the players in order for them to even have a chance to play at the next level and "get paid".... the rogue agents are nothing but parasites that leach off of it....they have nothing invested.

The only thing they invest in is a cash loan up front to players who still have eligibility left.... making them ineligible and leaving the program to deal with the consequences.....I mean honestly, what are you not understanding about that???

Saban is the highest paid coach in college football because that's what his worth is.... although there's a couple who are making just about what Saban is making... who agree with him. He's making less at Alabama than he was in Miami so how does that constitute being all about the money?

He also pays his assistants quite well so they can take care of their families....

Like I said it's fine to dislike Saban, but your attempts to peel this man's personal character back layer by layer as means for it are more and more visible as pure jealousy and envy... Just be glad this "dishonorable" man isn't Miami's coach and proceed to sucking off Bill Parcells.... who shares the same agent as Saban...

If Saban were to leave Alabama for the next "big thing" as you suggest, I can promise you that the Bama fans are much better equipped to deal with it... it's an entirely different breed of fan from the one's of professional sports...and have experienced much worse. A local sportswriter once said it best....."Alabama didn't sell their soul to Satan, Alabama has no soul".....

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

Saban hasn't had the time to accumulate the overall longevity of Paterno or Bowden.... but either way he's still the best coach in college football at the present time.... In fact, tune in on September 11th and you'll get to see Paterno face Saban....

I've always been partial to Paterno, and Bowden for that matter.... because I'm an old school college football guy and Bama fan, and I appreciate the legends of the past more than the younger generation... Some of the best games I've ever seen were between Paterno and Bear Bryant... "The Goal Line Stand" in the '79 Sugar Bowl, etc...

I've always admired Paterno because of the way he coaches his players and molds young men... he runs a clean program and does it the right way... just like Saban does...

However, there's two words that ends all conversations when it comes to the best college football coach of all time.... Bear Bryant.

As for Saban and the agents, Saban is the one investing the time, resources, coaching, teaching, and development of the players in order for them to even have a chance to play at the next level and "get paid".... the rogue agents are nothing but parasites that leach off of it....they have nothing invested.

The only thing they invest in is a cash loan up front to players who still have eligibility left.... making them ineligible and leaving the program to deal with the consequences.....I mean honestly, what are you not understanding about that???

Saban is the highest paid coach in college football because that's what his worth is.... although there's a couple who are making just about what Saban is making... who agree with him. He's making less at Alabama than he was in Miami so how does that constitute being all about the money?

He also pays his assistants quite well so they can take care of their families....

Like I said it's fine to dislike Saban, but your attempts to peel this man's personal character back layer by layer as means for it are more and more visible as pure jealousy and envy... Just be glad this "dishonorable" man isn't Miami's coach and proceed to sucking off Bill Parcells.... who shares the same agent as Saban...

If Saban were to leave Alabama for the next "big thing" as you suggest, I can promise you that the Bama fans are much better equipped to deal with it... it's an entirely different breed of fan from the one's of professional sports...and have experienced much worse. A local sportswriter once said it best....."Alabama didn't sell their soul to Satan, Alabama has no soul".....

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

Where have I wrote anywhere in this post that Saban was a bad coach or running a "dirty" program. Not once did I criticize him for any of his accomplishments in College football.

All I said his he handled his departure from Miami like a douche and the facts are he did and then later tried to back track. End of story. His track record for leaving other programs high and dry is not the best either and those programs he left were due to his personal goals only. Saban doesn't make less money at Bama he makes 4mill a year with 700 to 800K in bowl incentives a year compared to the 4.5mil he left on the table at Miami. Boo Hoo.

Alabama didn't have to sell their soul to Satan, they sold it to Saban.

Ha I must not be the only one who noticed Saban should have not commented lol. Old Ralphie shares my point of view it would seem.

"[D]on't put USC in your rear view mirror," Cindrich said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "There is a lot more going on there. Those guys out there from neighborhoods that are deprived who are driving Range Rovers and the Mercedes and all the rest, they just earn that on their own on the weekends in the offseason."

Cindrich also had some pointed comments for Nick Saban, who described agents who give money to players as "pimps." As to whether there's a difference between the way that college coaches and agents recruit, Cindrich said, "No. And old Nick knows that. I've seen him out on the road a time or two. He's contacted a client of mine or a family member of a client of mine. I know what goes on out there and he knows that I know. The bottom line is that to stand up on a pulpit and start preaching that way -- and maybe I'm doing it, take a shot at me -- that bothers me, especially when it comes from a guy like Nick Saban."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/cindrich-says-there-is-a-lot-more-going-on-at-usc/

Where have I wrote anywhere in this post that Saban was a bad coach or running a "dirty" program. Not once did I criticize him for any of his accomplishments in College football.

All I said his he handled his departure from Miami like a douche and the facts are he did and then later tried to back track. End of story. His track record for leaving other programs high and dry is not the best either and those programs he left were due to his personal goals only. Saban doesn't make less money at Bama he makes 4mill a year with 700 to 800K in bowl incentives a year compared to the 4.5mil he left on the table at Miami. Boo Hoo.

Alabama didn't have to sell their soul to Satan, they sold it to Saban.

The only "facts" you know are what some brain dead south Florida journalist that feels spurned as much as you do wants you to believe...

There's an entirely different perspective on what the "facts" are that have been provided for you in this thread and many, many others.. it's just whatever you choose to believe. It's almost as if you think you'd be less of a Dolphins fan if you didn't stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU... SABAN SUCKS"....etc...

Which is fine... In fact, it's actually entertaining to a few of us that post around here which is why we like to participate in these Saban threads that get posted once a week now....

We're just waiting for the Bill Parcells threads that are sure to follow..... All of the one's that suck him off now will be trashing him once he lives up to his reputation and leaves with the job unfinished...

Back
Top Bottom