Saban in Houston yesterday? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban in Houston yesterday?

Der Philth

Starter
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

According to Mad Dog Mandich, Saban and the team plane were in Houston yesterday, and according to Mandich, would only be there for one player... Vince Young.

Does anyone believe they are seriously considering making a run at Young? Why else would they be waisting ultra-valuable predraft time analyzing a player they didn't think they'd have a chance to obtain?

Thoughts?

Der Philth said:
According to Mad Dog Mandich, Saban and the team plane were in Houston yesterday, and according to Mandich, would only be there for one player... Vince Young.

Does anyone believe they are seriously considering making a run at Young? Why else would they be wasting ultra-valuable predraft time analyzing a player they didn't think they'd have a chance to obtain?

Thoughts?

In my humble opinion, I think that if (and that's an arguably big "if") he's there (or even Cutler for that matter) when we pick, then Saban will put quite a bit thought into this. Will he go defensive back, outside linebacker, or instant second or third stringer/Daunte sucessor?

I think that the dolphins are gonna trade into the top five picks, and i honestly think it will happen on draft day.

jat_meat said:
I think that the dolphins are gonna trade into the top five picks, and i honestly think it will happen on draft day.

No Way. We don't have any picks to trade. If any trade is made in will be down.

So you're saying that we dont have future draft picks ever? this is one of the deepest drafts we have ever seen

If we draft Vince Young it makes me wonder what our plans for Culpepper are

Im a HUGE Vince Young supporter, and Id love him on my team, but it really makes me wonder how many years they plan on keeping Daunte, it also makes me wonder if maybe they want to move Vince to WR

I think he's a little faster than he ran, and at 6'5 he certainly has the size

jat_meat said:

IMO, the Dolphins will trade up to a top-ten pick to take the player that Saban wants. They'll use a combination of current players and 2006 & 2007 draft picks to accomplish that feat. It may not be a simple trade but Saban will make it sound simple.

==========
In My Opinion
==========

I think Saban may be impressed with the value San Diego had with Rivers. They burnt a 1st on him and two years later they had teams considering giving up 2 1sts for him. Saban may be thinking 3 year plan and thinks he could showcase Young for a year and turn a mid-1st round pick into a boatload of picks in a couple years.

Der Philth said:
I think Saban may be impressed with the value San Diego had with Rivers. They burnt a 1st on him and two years later they had teams considering giving up 2 1sts for him. Saban may be thinking 3 year plan and thinks he could showcase Young for a year and turn a mid-1st round pick into a boatload of picks in a couple years.

and that why San Diego got not a thing for Brees.

bigmiamifan said:
cough *smokescreen* cough

smokescreen for what? what would be the point of pretending to be so interested in a player that will go way before we pick? saban obviously really likes vince.

LightsOut said:
smokescreen for what? what would be the point of pretending to be so interested in a player that will go way before we pick? saban obviously really likes vince.

Because it is not a lock that Vince Young will be taken before Miami's pick at 16. If he gets past Arizona at 10, I could see him sliding all the way to 16. That is why it could be a smoke-screen. I do not think Saban would take Young, but he might make some team, that is interested in Young, that picks after the Fins think he will take him, and maybe Miami could trade down a few spots, or force that team to move up ahead of Miami thus pushing a player that Saban really wants down to their pick.

Rick Speilman admitted on an ESPN Draft show that last year they used Braylon Edwards as a smokescreen to try and get Clv. to flip and get an extra pick, they didnt even have a private workout with Ronnie Brown.

So maybe this V. Young thing is a "work" maybe not...I dont like the idea of drafting Young...considering miami has already used a 2nd rnd pick for Culpepper...is close to trading for Harrington and gave up a 6th rnd pick for Lemon.

I understand mining for talent but c'mon thats a bit much!

Back
Top Bottom